Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laakai

re: App - Laakai

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: subtLe#1706

b. Character Name: Laakaii

2. Class: Mage

3. Current Server: Magtheridon

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Fire for now, I have played arcane and frost for previous expansions/tiers as well.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/magtheridon/Laakaii

You may be wondering why I am not using the PVP badge, that is because I have the dumb mechagon staff with % mastery. On Magtheridon and during prog we were not blessed with the auction house or boss drops that had it. I felt that running the % mastery and Psyche shredder instead was worth it. It's very comparable imo.

6. What is your raiding experience? I started raiding and playing WoW in Legion. 

Legion-

7/7M CE EN World 5000~, 10/10M CE NH World 600~, 3/3M CE TOV Sometime after Guldan, 9/9M CE TOS World 150~/US 47~, 10/10M CE ABT World 110~/US 35~

BFA-

8/8M CE Uldir World 53~/US 17, 9/9M CE BoD World 47~/US 12, 2/2M CE CoS World 71~/US 22, 8/8M CE AEP World 30~/US 7, 12/12M CE Nya'lotha World 52~/US 15

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

Of the relevant guilds I was in:

Transcend - Mal'ganis - There was a roster implosion that led me to Revive.

Revive - Stormreaver, I took a break after 2 tiers here from the game to focus back on school, I also was having foreseeable attendance issues over the summer so I decided to simply save all of us the hassle.

Whatever Were Awesome - Magtheridon, A lot of people quit the game, underperformance issues, everything issues, there was a lot that went wrong in this current tier that culminated into guild dying.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. 

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

8. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

They are private, PM me on discord subtLe#2165 for login info

9. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://gyazo.com/cbab88245398c7de96ea034cb222f473

10. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

I don't really think there were that many bosses that required an off-schedule kind of niche usage this tier for mage. Realistically though I have played all specs this expansion. I played Frost for most of Uldir outside of Arcane to kill the eggs on Fetid, as well as Fire on G'huun for more execute damage. I also did this in Battle of Dazaralor where I was the intellect buff, playing mostly frost on the early bosses and fire on Jaina. I did have add slow duty on Stormwall but I mean that was kind of a joke while the rest of the raid learned the fight. In Crucible I asked to be sat because my attendance was going to be shoddy for a few weeks on Uu'nat while I was doing a Pharmacy school summer thing, I ended up being called in on Uu'nat with no last phase experience.

https://youtu.be/UZnMBj4z0hU?t=407

We killed it in 3~ pulls that night, and obviously I had some help with the sacrifice, but that is what the fight calls for. I executed the crown as was required despite having zero exposure. 

In Eternal Palace again I don't think there were many special considerations that needed to be made but I feel that I can pick up fights very quickly, but I am also adaptable. As an example: (Warning my clips are very loud, so tune them as necessary)

https://streamable.com/r4zzl

I stayed back longer than usual because dps on prog and attempted to quickly 180 blink to the raid stack. Unfortunately it did not go that way, knowing that I had a little bit extra time than what timers or weak auras say I committed to my decision of going around and blinking for shield break. Everytime someone missed a simple shield break on prog I linked this because evidently some people can't even do it on easy mode when I accidentally made myself have to do it hard mode. 

For Nya'lotha obviously fire was extremely strong. Our raid composition was very suited for this and we had 4-5 on roster. Our raid leader on several fights had us stagger combusts as necessary which was especially vital on some fights, obviously that is a fairly simple thing but as a team we discussed moving combustions around cause maybe it would have a better-intended effect if we changed things up. This communication is very important as we progress as a raid. Outside of communication, giving feedback on certain raid strategies and other things, I delve very in-depth into logs to attempt to save us a few days or even hours of prog because other people do not want to do the same. This is especially the case on end-bosses because truly this is where the most vital time is spent. I took clips of my gameplay to attempt to help others make the correct decision. 

I have several streamables of some N'zoth prog including the last 3ish minutes of the fight on our kill. You will see that half of our raid decides to int the pull, when we were literally going to annihilate him. (Again very loud, this has my scream of joy that I didn't have to watch people int anymore)

https://streamable.com/ue0mb

As a result of the raid attempting to int this pull, someone laced up their boots during the MC Dmg buff and went to work.

https://gyazo.com/5a272eece441c2362085edf7718032c6

This next clip I took because people swore that they had no way of living this "bad beam," I told them if they had recognized where the eye spawns and not followed sheep mentality they could have lived. You can see me adjust my positioning just incase the beam has a larger hitbox and I randomly get hit, instead of moving right and beating the beam they wanted to either die or move along with the beam lol. 

https://streamable.com/23lxw

I could really go on and on about exactly what went wrong this tier on multiple fights.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

11. Age: 23

12. Gender: Male

13. How did you hear about Infinity?

I know from just exposure to the game, as well as I have some friends here. (Vallk)

14. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I have actually longed to join this guild, even while I was in WWA. My friend Vallk was here, you guys raid significantly less and play above your time to progression ratio. Obviously, with WWA we raid extra to make up for that. Unfortunately, when I was really looking elsewhere Mage was not as strong as it is now (BoD). I had asked back then if you guys were looking for any and you were not, so I decided that I would suck it up and just stick with it. That time has now ended and here we are. 

I think what really sets me apart is that I have reasonable damage as it calls for it, you can see that with my gyazo above where I deepdick N'zoth during the MC buff. Damage can always be made up if required (unless you have bad corruption I guess), I see countless mages proccing cauterize for no reason when they could have blazing barrier'd ahead of time. You'll see in my logs that I don't play around when it comes to BB uptime. I focus on progression on killing the boss and not inting any of these fights. Case in point some of our highest parsers were also our highest first bloods, who would have thought. Some people spend that extra global to do more damage, which in some cases is the correct call but you'll see that my boss damage on N'zoth is still consistently higher than other mages. I also kind of play at a handicap but no one has really raised an issue on my race being blood elf, if it was truly required I would switch in a heartbeat. 

15. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

My name is Matt, I am currently approaching my last year in Pharmacy school where I will go on rotations for a full year learning about medicine and treatment. I enjoy watching sports of all kinds, even soccer and tennis. Outside of WoW I play first-person shooters and battle royales. 

maxterchief
Officer

re: App - Laakai

Trial granted.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum