Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discodon

re: Discodonny-Hunter

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag:Disco#11254

b. Character Name: Discodonny

2. Class: Hunter

3. Current Server: Sargeras

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): BM, have gear for all specs if I was ever needed to play them.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/sargeras/Discodonny

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? My serious raiding experience is

limited to this expansion. Completed Uldir and BoD in US 100ish guilds. Completed CoS US 40 and EP US 30.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? - I left to raid more and at a higher level than what the guild was currently achieving. I left due to the late west coast schedule that I could no longer honor. (was raiding from 11-3AM) Additionally, I wanted to try raiding at a hardcore level. After being offered some opportunities to trial for "top end" guilds, I realized pretty quickly I wouldn't be able to keep up with real life commitments on the sort of schedule that was required so I joined which recently died.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood? Yes, not a problem.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.

Ny'alotha-https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/41734844,

EP- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/41734844#zone=23

BoD- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/41734844#zone=21,

Cabal-https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8TmHFVJwrLaM4bc3#fight=19&type=damage-done (switched to new guild in the middle of CoS and was not present for the Unnat kill)

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. https://gyazo.com/7a40b36a86aed8dc9c05713b81db10f8

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.

The most recent example I have of this was the guild's kill on Shadhar. I volunteered to pick up the morsel for players who had previously picked up and fed the boss, and also for melee players who were targeted by the first add. That way they didn't have to lose up-time and wait for the boss to build some enrage stacks before picking up the morsel and then running it in. Additionally, I ran an unconventional build because many players chose not run worldvein (which is the ideal major for BM on that fight). Instead I played a vision major build, which with decent RNG, can render a 40-50% AoTW uptime and put out very strong DPS. This build also allowed me to stay away from running BoTE which can lead to awkward CD timings with that and AoTW. You can also avoid the nuisance of having to run into melee range, potentially throwing off movement routines with the rapid rate of umbral eruptions. 

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age:26

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Your guilds pretty well known. I have heard of your accomplishments/seen your rankings on WoWProg, and considered applying here in the past.

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? I want to join Infinity because your guild fits the ideal end game raiding experience for me. To accomplish the things that you do on a 12 hour schedule requires efficiency, personal accountability, and selfless play to put progression first. These are all things that I try to embody as a raider which would allow me to fit in to your system. Additionally, hunters have good value this tier and excel in almost every encounter. I could potentially be valuable for prog on end bosses or at least good

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. I think anyone in the guilds i've been in would tell you that I'm a friendly/personable guy that can get along with anyone. Aside from that, I just simply enjoy playing the game and doing whatever I can to improve myself as a player. I'm usually on the game as much as I can be to farm gear on all my toons, grind neck levels, or to just chill and talk with people in the guild and help them with anything they may need.

Discodon

For some reason it cut out the guild names I put in for question 7 and half of the last sentence for question 15, sorry. The guilds were Helix, Temerity, and Roulette.

maxterchief
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to decline your application. We are going to pursue other dps candidates. Thank you for your interest in Infinity and best of luck in your guild search.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum