Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiftyplayerz

re: App: Shiftyplayerz

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag:
BNET: Balandris#1753
Disc: Shifty#8880

b. Character Name:
Shiftykegz-Zul'jin

2. Class:
Monk - BRM
3. Current Server:
Zul'jin

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):
BRM/tank

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/zuljin/shiftykegz
I also have a 'defensive' PvE set depending on the raid encounter, whether inkpod works on that boss etc.

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?
BRM cotank for Ny'alotha.
BRM cotank for all fights, through all prog for EP.
I also provide input to strategies and problems with the raid, minor/backup calls.
BRM for 1/2 CoS
BM hunter -> BRM tank in BFD
Mage in Uldir
Lock in Antorus
Heroic only pre Antorus

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?
06-19 => now: Bound@ Zul'jin - raider/guild supplier
03-19 => 6-19: Notion@ Thrall - raider
03-18 => 3/19: TriggerWarning@ Thrall - raider
I look for a family.
Trigger Warning -- disbanded.
Notion -- toxic env. My personality didnt jive and their old officer came back and claimed his spot without regard.
Bound -- I love my current guild. I love the people in it and I went to blizzcon with them even with my relatively short time with them. But I’m looking for 4 days of raiding a week, there are some dysfunctions in the officer core and raid schedule, and reprog/complacency that have soured my love. I can explain better in person/voice.

Willing to share more and answer any questions in voice.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Yes sir/maam.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/shiftykegz
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/us/zuljin/bound

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment.
https://imgur.com/a/oBGbAH1

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.
Tanking - Vivify raid on downtime of Azshara for people with stacks
Tanking - BRM 2 tank Orgazoa totem management, Zen med explosions when taunt swap wasnt perfect or when transitioning
Tanking - Tiger's Lusting Blockade, Wrathion, and backup for Shad'har
I always change gear/talents based on the encounter and needs of the raid. If we need dps and not getting pounded by bosses, dps gear... else tanking gear.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age:

13. Gender:
male

14. How did you hear about Infinity?
wowprog

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?
I'm looking to spend more time progging (12hr guild). I dont feel pushed to my capacity as tank or player with prog yet and want to challenge myself harder and faster. I'm always looking to be optimal, go the extra mile, and pick up jobs when I can (like with my current guild I'm trusted restock herbs, food, pots, ench so officers dont have to).
Though I have my favorite tanks, I can tank mythic competent on every tank (not a 1 trick pony) and historically have kept every class geared through m+. I love pouring through logs and analyzing strats. It's important to me that I'm always optimal for the raid.
Unless I'm on my death bed or literally have 0 internet, I dont miss raid. I have what's called my "mobile battlestation" that gives me a no-compromise raiding setup even if I'm visiting family, near holidays, business trips, etc.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.
I’m Corey. 28. I’m a computer engineer, father of 2 and soon to be 3. I live in Northern KY. I have a loving wife of 4.5yrs who’s very supportive of mythic prog. I have 2 cats and a puppy. At the end of Feb. we’ll be going down to 1 income and I’ll be a stay-at-home-dad permanently. I sometimes take myself too seriously, but work on it constantly and love to have fun. I’m very consistent but learn best by doing (kinesthetic learner).
I don’t like reading books, but love self-learning on many many topics like finance, the stock market, child rearing, weight loss/management, and WoW.
My main hobby is video gaming outside of family, wife, raising kids... WoW specifically, but also tons of other games in general once prog for a tier is done

maxterchief
Officer

re: App: Shiftyplayerz

Application closed. We will take another look at tank apps after progression. Thank you for your interest in Infinity and best of luck with your current prog. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum