Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Actively

re: Destro Warlock 7/8 Mythic

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Active#11481

b. Character Name: Actively

2. Class: Warlock (Can play any class at end game level, though.)

3. Current Server: Area 52

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Whatever spec is the best for the fight. Right now, destro for Azshara. I also have a DH, Hunter, druid, and warrior who are who are high ilvl and raid viable.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/area-52/Actively

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

-I started raiding around the middle-ish of classic, started into Naxx but never fully cleared it. Did all of the previous raids though.

-In TBC I started raiding in Mount Hyjal and Black Temple, did raid those early tiers, the guild I was raiding at the time fell apart in Sunwell on M'uru.

-In WotLK I raided in every tier. Full cleared every raid expect Yogg 0 light. Though, I only killed heroic LK on 10man. Guild was not amazing, and 

couldn't kill it on 25 man because of dead weight, so we trimmed down.

-In Cata I cleared everything up to heroic Ragnaros and took a break during Dragon Soul.

-In MoP I cleared every raid up to Throne of Thunder. Killed heroic Ra-den pretty early with SPK who I was raiding with at the time and then took another break during SoO.

-That last break was kind of an extended one. I came back at the end of WoD, mainly because I knew how bad it was. Killed mythic Archimonde.

-In legion I raided up until the end of Mythic Emerald Nightmare and then took another break because the AP grid was just too much. I came back at the end of legion to kill Mythic Argus.

-In BfA I only raided in BoD, killed mythic Jaina and now currently 7/8 mythic in TEP. 

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? 

-In classic and TBC I was always with no name guilds, "Legacy of Kahn" is who I was with for the longest. Reason for leaving was the guilds just kind of fell 

apart.

-In WotLK I raided with "Catharsis"

-In Cata through MoP I raided with "Strawberry Puppy Kisses".

-In WoD I raided with "Evil Kittens".

-In Legion I raided with "Reign of Fire".

-In BfA I raided with Toast. Because I had to logs and and they take people easily. I want to leave because there's prog with no payoff and people constantly making mistakes. The GM picks fights with his raiders all the time, and the roster itself is never stable. There hasn't been a single night where we've had the same 20 people Azshara progression. 

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

-Yes, I understand. 

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/area-52/Actively

I changed characters a handful of times to help kill certain fights. Like being the third tank on Orgazola, and Za'quel. I'm aware my logs are less than amazing, but it's mainly because Toast never gets clean kills and it's always a struggle with multiple people dead when we down a boss.

I have progression logs for mythic Azshara but they are private, so not totally sure how to share them short of just making a video like this.

https://puu.sh/EOVun/06ce97eca1.mp4

I think I covered all the relevant information, but if you need to see anything else just ask. I started the video on our lowest pull, which was a 3% wipe.

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment.

https://puu.sh/EOVzg/af7a293758.png

https://puu.sh/EOVAv/cc2d1d6c04.png

What my UI looks like on mythic Azshara.   

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

-I'll do Mythic Azshara as it's the most recent and relevant. I'm apping as a destro lock, but I am well versed in all roles and aspects of the fight be it tanking, DPSing or healing. As a destro lock I bring a large amount of damage and survivability. As a lock, one of our key roles in the fight is using our imp's special ability to dispel people who are LoS of the raid, so everyone doesn't get hit with arcane burst. Destro excels are multi target cleave which is what makes up most of the Azhsara fight. Other than that, it's just the basics really. I sim my character for multi target cleave and change my gems/enchants accordingly if my stats are different for cleave than single target. I research logs of the fight and see how other locks are preforming and learn from them.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age:

13. Gender:

-Male 

14. How did you hear about Infinity?:

-I play on Area 52, so I've seen your raiders around and I've done M+ keys with them here and there.

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

-I am looking for a stable raiding environment in a guild that's not really just a revolving door of raiders coming and going. I've seen a lot of your raiders around as we're on the same server, and I've played with them occasionally in random pugs for keys and such, so I know you're all skilled and friendly players. 

I'll be honest, there's probably not much that sets me apart from other skilled raiders. I do my research, I study up on my class, and I practice until I get it perfect.     

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

-My real name is Michael, I'm kinda out going and like to chat about pretty much anything. I'm very knowledgeable about martial arts and health/nutrition. 

I've been studying martial arts pretty much my whole life, as my parents were into it and started me when I was very young. The first martial arts style I learned was Tang Soo Do, which is a more traditional style of Taekwondo. But I've learn more styles since then, such as Judo and Sambo.

I've been doing keto and fasting for many years now and I always make sure to eat clean organic foods and grass fed meats. Obvious health benefits aside, clean eating and exercise vastly boost mental performance as well. Which is something that helps in all aspects of life, even WoW.

I have a strong sense of fairness and believe that team work and everyone contributing their best is very important, again, in all aspects of life. I always try my hardest (even 450 wipes into Azshara), and I'd like to think the people I'm around are doing the same.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: Destro Warlock 7/8 Mythic

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. Your recent performance does not meet our standards. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum