Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andews

re: App: Andews

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Andrews#17170

b. Character Name: Andrews / Zswerdna

2. Class: Mage / Priest

3. Current Server: Area 52

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):
Currently raiding as Fire (but play Arcane/Frost if they are better for the fight/tier). I also play Shadow/Disc. I don't consider any of them to be "off-specs". Both toons have gear to play all specs well.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/area-52/Andrews
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/area-52/Zswerdna

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?
I did not raid (seriously) during any previous expansion. I raided 7/8M in Uldir and 7/9M in BoD with a fairly casual group named , which was disbanded on Jaina by the GM who was a fair bit toxic. I briefly was raid leading that guild. In 8.2 I joined a group named , which has achieved 8/8M. I also have played in a few groups with my priest from week to week (filling in rosters) and have gotten up to 6/8M, with some more prog expected shortly.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?
The two main guilds I have been in are , which was disbanded by the GM after weeks of failed Jaina prog (although due to IRL reasons I stopped raiding after Mekkatorque). The most recent guild is , which I got CE in only a few weeks ago. I left , as have a few other core players, as a result of a large disconnect between the officers. Half the leadership wants to push content in a serious way, the other half wants a more casual experience. That disconnect has been a source of friction most every week in guild, causing all sorts of roster issues and other nightmares. I'm looking for a serious experience, as I feel that committing to a raid is committing to learning the fights, your class, and the tier, out of respect for the other 19 players in the group.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?
Understood.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/area-52/Andrews
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/area-52/Zswerdna

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment.
https://i.imgur.com/3F5omvM.jpg

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.
For our Azshara kill, we used a strat where we killed both Venemtounge and Serena at the same time, without lust. In order to get this done I would, on some pulls, do 4M damage (25% total) to Serana with a combustion intended to spread to both Azshara and the Merm. Additionally, in order to make up for lack of soaks, I would take 7 stacks during the start of P2 and manage my health pool on order to maintain them, where as the expected stack count was 5. I would again take 7 again as P3 began. As a guild, we leveraged my ability to minmax damage taken, as well as damage output, to make up any missing mechanics or damage.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 22

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprogress

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?
Infinity seems like a friendly environment, but at the same time committed to pushing content at a fast pace. In order to have the level of success Infinity has had, you need a roster of committed players who are truly doing their best to play their classes, specs, and roles, at the highest possible level. That is what I want, and that's something I've been doing this tier to the best of my ability, like leveling the priest in order to fill in holes in the roster.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.
I've been playing WoW only for the last ~1 year seriously. Outside of the game my main hobby is computer chess programming. I'm the author of a chess engine named Ethereal, which competes in tournaments held online and in-person all over the world. It currently ranks as one of the top 5 free engines available. I was a Computer Science and Mathematics student for a few years, but have had to take some time away from school due to health issues.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: App: Andews

Closed. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum