Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravdkk

re: App: Ravdk

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Rav#11203

b. Character Name: Ravdk

2. Class: Death Knight

3. Current Server: Burning Legion

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Blood

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/burning-legion/ravdk

6. What is your raiding experience? Started more competitive progression back in BoD, been raiding with HC in BoD+CoS+EP.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? HC, new job conflicts with the later part of raid time.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. 

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

8. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/burning-legion/ravdk (haven't been able to reclear since we first killed Azshara back in September)

9. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. https://imgur.com/e6TVRua

10. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.

Given the role I was given as tank from CoS-EP; many fights were standard for Blood. Only a few examples stand out:

M Ashvane: I was given the usual DK job of soaking the orbs throughout the fight. Realizing that I will never be tanking the boss and almost 95% of all damage is going to come from the Waterlogged DoT, I decided to take Anti-Magic Barrier instead of WoTN. Even though my health did in fact drop past 35% on portions of the fight, mainly later, the reduced CD really helped make orb collecting + surviving very helpful. Stacked Versatility more than usual in order to reduce the ticking damage. I decided for Red Thirst compared to Purgatory because of the nature of the ticking damage and it's predictability. Used Azeroth's Undying gift major as an extra CD; Null Barrier minor, and CnS. 

M Orgo: Given that we struggled maintaining a third tank; I had to main tank the boss with our third makeshift tank. While it wasn't overly complicated, the use of Azeroth's Undying gift was essential to making sure I'm not sucking up too many healer externals to help assist our third tank. Additionally, I tampered with the use of Rune Tap in the place of WoTN, but found that my fulcuating healthpool, mainly between the 2-4th stacks allowed me to take full advantage of it's passive effect between melees. Purgatory was also used in the case where I would underjudge the amount of damage coming in. Used CnS+Worldvein minor.

M Zaquul: A few days before our prog started, the one tank strat was fixed. So I came in as blood and performed the off-tank duty. This is a very similar situation to Ashvane in that 90-95% damage (adds still melee) is magical, thus Anti-Magic Barrier was more useful once again. Since my off-tank was inexperienced with playing Monk, my role played more as a add controller throughout the fight. Adds would sit out at range, running around, etc. Conflict Major came to mind, granting me an extra charge of Death-Grip but found that going completely damage AoE damage oriented helped our DPS focus more on ST. The use of Crucible Major, Null Barrier and CNS. Cyclo+AoE burst trinket were used in the heavy add portions of the fight. 

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

11. Age: 23

12. Gender: M

13. How did you hear about Infinity? Few players in HC used to raid there, additionally, you're one of the higher end 12 hour raid groups.

14. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?  

I feel that I've really grown as a tank and a player since I began my more competitive progression back in BoD. I struggled in parts of BoD, jumping from a sub US 500 guild to a US ~35 guild, but eventually found comfort going into CoS and EP. In those three tiers, I 100% one tricked blood. However, once progression on Queen Azshara came to an end, I found that flexibility is more valuable than complete mastery of one spec. I picked up Brew a month or so after progression ended; Brew is almost in the state that my DK is, getting him ready for whatever is to come next tier. I strongly believe than between have two specs ready for next tier, as well as Blood looking and stronger and stronger on each PTR testing phase bodes well for 8.3. Essentially, the two specs play on opposite sides of the spectrum, making one of them always a decent choice for boss fights.

I realize that my Monk's logs are nothing to look at, he only went through 6/8M when he was first starting to get geared. Will link armory as well, however, Azerite traits are WW, trying to get the last tier of CnS+Null atm. 

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/burning-legion/loen

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/40841403

I'm a more laid back tank in the sense that I really don't have any sort of ego/passive aggressiveness that comes to some tanks when they play. I attempt to communicate everything I say very clearly and am not afraid to speak my mind when it comes to tank mechanics/strats.

I also completely pride myself in putting in the maximum extent of effort in outside of raids as well; be it AP farming, M+, strat discussion between tanks, etc. I want to make myself as much of an asset going into each tier as possible, I don't want to be the one person that lazily drags along the whole raid because they didn't put in the effort.

15. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

Mostly a chill guy, really easy to get along with. Now a-days between tiers I play mostly Classic + Overwatch. I'm very lighthearted and really enjoy talking with people and getting to know them. Currently working under the State, which means I'm looking for something exciting to do every-day when I come home.

maxterchief
Officer

re: App: Ravdk

Trial granted.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum