Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiov

re: App: Kiov

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Kiolvor#1715

b. Character Name: Kiov

2. Class: Monk

3. Current Server: Bleeding Hollow

4. Primary Raiding Spec: Brewmaster

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/kiov

6. What is your raiding experience?

I started playing WoW for the first time in Legion, started mythic raiding as a Resto Druid in Nighthold, started tanking at the tail end of Tomb, got my first CE in Antorus. I was in one guild for almost all of Legion as a druid, and have been trying to find a long term home since then. I double raided in Antorus in two guilds, one with druid and one as a tank with my monk. Going into BfA I dropped the healer and decided to focus on getting all tank specs up to speed. Since then I’ve been jumping ranks somewhat unintentionally, trying to find a guild that I’m really happy in.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

This expansion, I raided with on Sargeras for Uldir, on Kel’Thuzad for BoD, and on Stormrage/Bleeding Hollow for Eternal Palace. I left Wavvy because the leadership was very weak, and they disbanded shortly into BoD. I made amazing friends in Inde that I still talk to regularly, but the guild as a whole was a revolving door of raiders leaving due to toxicity, and I just wanted something more stable (and less toxic). When I first joined Focus Up, I was really happy here, and excited about finding a place I felt like I could stay long term. I love my cotank, and I didn’t want to give any of that up. But the guild has changed drastically since I joined in Crucible. We stopped progression for two weeks mid-tier to go horde, and I feel like everyone expected going horde to solve all of our problems. And when it didn’t, the raid atmosphere began to break down. My cotank is burnt out and wanting to quit, and she’s a big part of what brought me here, and kept me here. Discord is a never ending stream of chatter and lack of focus during raid, and the solution to people playing bad is vilification, which makes everyone play worse. It feels like no one is happy or wants to raid any more, discord text channels are filled with people arguing and yelling at each other throughout the day over things that happened the night before. It’s not an environment that I want to be a part of any more. I’m looking to leave as soon as we kill Azshara. 

I’ve always left guilds on peaceful, amicable circumstances. I’ve always given notice and time to find a replacement, and never left a guild mid tier. I intend to do the same here, provided I don’t throw myself off a cliff first if we somehow don’t down the boss this week (but we absolutely should).

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK: 

Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. 

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

8. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/40275867?mode=detailed&zone=23#difficulty=5

9. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://imgur.com/2BvG6Lx

10. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

In BoD, I played Blood DK for Mekka and Stormwall. I’ve played Blood DK on at least one progression boss every tier that I’ve been tanking, until this one. I’m always happy to be grip bitch, or a paper towel on Stormwall (soaks). I like mechanics, I like having a particular role or job that is non-standard. I feel like I get to to do that a lot as a tank, which is part of why I love tanking. I’ve made it a goal to be at least familiar/comfortable on all 6 tank specs for this reason, with Brewmaster/Blood DK/Guardian being my strongest. I like to be flexible and to be able to do whatever the raid team asks of me. Jumping on another tank just to bring a certain utility is something I’m ready and capable of doing, to be able to exceed the requirements of my role. In BoD I had all 6 tanks mythic geared, with mythic kills and my necks up to speed. I’ve mainly focused on Brewmaster this tier as it was extremely alt unfriendly, it became clear very early on that I wouldn’t need anything but Brew, and most of my alts have not yet been transferred from Alliance. But I do intend to spend the rest of the tier getting them caught up, and be ready to play anything going into next tier.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

11. Age: 22

12. Gender: F

13. How did you hear about Infinity?

Wowprogress

14. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I want to join Infinity because raiding is extremely important to me, and I hate feeling like I’m not being pushed to do my best. I was trained as a classical musician since I was 8, and went to music school at a university. I would practice for 8 or 10 hours a day outside of my classes. I left music school for personal reasons, and was left with a huge void as I tried to figure out what to channel all of that dedication into. I ended up playing this game, and raiding became that source for me. I’m a fast learner, and I’ve improved dramatically in every guild I’ve been in. What sets me apart is my desire for constant self-improvement. I am always learning and always improving. 

15. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

I work from home for a payment processing gateway doing tech/gateway support, so I play a lot of WoW from work. I usually get enough time to get all my world quests and dailies done each day from work, which is cool. I spend way too much time playing this game, and I take my cat on walks when I’m not. I moved across the country (Kentucky to Arizona) to be closer to friends that I met in this game, and now they’re some of my best friends. Having an environment where people know how to focus and take raid seriously, without non-constructive degrading or demeaning remarks to each other, is important to me.

maxterchief
Officer

re: App: Kiov

Trial granted.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum