Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjartuur

re: App: Bjartuur

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Bjartuur#1228

b. Character Name: Bjartuur

2. Class: Mage

3. Current Server: Illidan

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

All 3 specs, whatever is fotm.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/illidan/bjartuur

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

Started raiding in cataclysm and played 3 tanks (Pally, Warrior, Druid) through the majority of the following 2 expansions with a warlock as a dps alt, but I had no mythic experience until Legion. I was a GM and RL of a friends and family guild that did not try to push content beyond normal. In the legion prepatch I decided to jump into mythic raiding and got asked if I could play mage. I lied and said yes and here I am. Maintained CE for every raid from Emerald Nightmare until Uldir after which I had to step away from the game due to a family emergency.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

[No Talent Whatsoever - Emerald Dream] Guild disbanded after EN due to lack of interest in the game. I am still friends with several members and chat on discord often. It was a fun place.

[Game Over - Proudmoore] Left after Nighthold to go horde for a better raiding scene. I had played alliance for years up to this point, but felt I could achieve higher horde side. Again no hard feelings here.

[Raiding Rainbows - Illidan] Left due to our roster bleeding players over the course of ToS and Antorus and not recruiting well enough to replace the talent. Most of the people I was friends with are the ones who left, but I did not leave on bad terms. I stuck it out to the end of the tier after which legion was over.

[Blood Legion - Illidan] Left due to a family emergency and the landscape of the guild has changed drastically since I've been gone. I will happily elaborate on that if asked, but the tl;dr is I was an officer and there was a clique that used a private discord to shit talk raiders. I confronted them on this and it caused a rift which festered because they had another officer participating in the behavior. This is not why I left, but in my 7ish months gone that clique has now basically taken over the guild and I do not wish to raid with them.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Understood 100%

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.

Uldir - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/25911470?mode=detailed&zone=19#zone=19&difficulty=5

Antorus - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/25911470?zone=17&mode=detailed

ToS - Private Logged

Nighthold - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/23205987?zone=11&mode=detailed

Emerald Nightmarehttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15640425?zone=10&mode=detailed

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment.

https://imgur.com/NMHEC3V

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.

The best examples I can think of here mostly fall under the umbrella of extra responsibility, (i.e. handling safe marks p3 Kil'Jaeden, calling interrupt rotations on coven, chain breaks on argus, handling dispells on Zul). If there is a need for some extra responsibility to be handled in a fight I always ask to do it first. That being said if you want a rotation specific example I was the first mage to figure out the BM rotation for fire and the reason it exploded into popularity during Uldir then got hard nerfed. The original images of how to execute the rotation that floated around the mage discord and internet were based off my logs from october 23rd.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 26

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity?

WoWProgress

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?

I like hardcore progression raiding. You are good at hardcore progression raiding. I would be a good addition because I am always on the forefront of class knowledge, and have the ability to handle any and all excess responsibilities required by an encounter.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Kevin and I'm from Houston, Texas. I've worked as a firefighter and paramedic since the age of 19. It's an odd job with an odd schedule, but it gives me lots of free time to pursue other interests which I mostly fill with video games and hours long youtube binges on how the universe works. I like to exercise just enough to stay in shape for my job. I had to step away from WoW for the past 7ish months due to a family member falling extremely ill and living isolated 1500 miles from our extended family meant dealing with it alone. That has ended now and I want to jump back into the raiding scene, but mostly it would be nice to just have a home again. Lastly if i may be frank, I know I'm undergeared and by all means a lead anchor at the moment, but I'm confident given the chance I can excel in this game again and help the guild perform to the best of its ability next tier. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Bjartuur on 09/01/19 7:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
Bjartuur

re: Edit

Edited for formatting and minor details.

maxterchief
Officer

re: App: Bjartuur

Application closed as per discussion with applicant. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum