Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheezedot

re: App: Cheezedot

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: DCQ#11194

b. Character Name: Cheezedot

2. Class: Warlock

3. Current Server: Burning Legion

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Affliction/Destro - can play all 3 but prefer affliction in most cases due to versatility and mobility

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

http://us.battle.net/wow/character/burning-legion/Cheezedot/advanced

6. What is your raiding experience?

I started raiding Mythic in Legion in both EN and later in Antorus (took a break to finish school in between). I had CE in both of those tiers as well as every tier so far in BFA, and HOF in Crucible at US 31 World 86.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

Carnage (Illidan) - This was was my guild from ANtorus up until the start of BOD. It so far has been my favorite guild i have ever played in due to the relationships and raiding environment. however, the guild went downhill at the start of BOD due to internal arguing. We struggled heavily with Grong and felt that i had become a good enough player to move on. Turns out the GM and 5 other people had the same idea.

Simple Math (Andorhal) - Came to SM from Carnage. Was a really fun guild to be in and I learned alot from players both in the raid and as friends of the raid. We closed out BOD at US 61 but the guild died shortly before COS. A few of those players were picked up into the reformed Poetry Club.

HC (Burning Legion) - I started with HC in Crucible of Storms. I was in on every Uunat pull from first to kill during my trial and felt that i was one of the most consistent players in the group. We got HOF (which was my goal for the expansion) and ended at US 27. Eternal Palace with HC has been up and down. And while the progress could be going better I just cannot take the raid environment anymore. There's alotta backchannel shit talking that spills out into the raid and it honestly has taken alot of the fun out of raiding. I have no intention of bailing mid Azshara progression, but i do not plan on staying for the 8.3 tier.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK: 

Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. 

I can make these times no problem. However, should i have a chance to interview over voice i would like to explain a current situation that could effect Sundays for a short while.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

8. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/burning-legion/cheezedot?mode=detailed&zone=23#difficulty=5

9. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://imgur.com/a/FzyXC0N

10. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

The first one that comes to mind is Zaq'ul. I played destro on the fight after playing affy the entirety of the tier and played a strictly ST setup with 1RH for the int steroid on delirium add as opposed to the common 3RH 2FP 1CC. I was assigned first delirium add with 2 melee and a spriest. On our kill i did over 1m more damage to the delirium add than anyone else, first or second split. I also avoided killing the rogues and made sure they could pop all cooldowns on the boss when they went down and would feel comfortable knowing i could carry the split damage. 

Honorable mention would go to Ashvane. I played affy and was relatively screwed on azerite (had to run Pandemic invoc on helm because the only other trait was undulating tides which has 0% uptime on that fight). I used every set of Cooldowns on her HP phase, which meant desynching with lust completely as well as having to burst while handling beams and soaking the last big bubble. i was also the only battle rez in the raid so i had to time rez's properly with our DK while maintaining enough damage on the boss to ensure we killed it, alot of pulls had me sprinting across half the room to get to him with a stone. the logs were ugly as hell but it got us the kill and i was proud of the contribution i made.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

11. Age: 25

12. Gender: M

13. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprog and word of mouth. I don't know anyone affiliated with the guild but everyone who mentions you guys says you're incredibly consistent and talented.

14. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I started the expansion hoping to get hall of fame at least once, and i really wanted to push myself as a progression raider because I really do enjoy that aspect of the game. I know going from US 31 to US 11 is a jump, but I believe in my ability to play up to and beyond whats expected. Im also looking for a guild i can stay in for good and genuinely enjoy the people i play with while being incredibly competitive. 

I'm perfectly fine being the mechanics guy or doing something seemingly unorthodox to ensure a check is met or a mechanic is handled, I'm the furthest thing from a parse monkey, i don't try and overrule other players or the raid leader with a strat i think is best, and i respect everyones time as if it were my own.

15. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

I'm Cheese, or Brett, whichever you prefer. I grew up in Chicago and moved around to a few places playing hockey. I've ultimately settled in Denver after finishing college here. WoW kinda fills that dual niche of being competitive in something after finishing my hockey career as well as being a game that really is pretty unique in its raiding endgame. I'm really into hard rock from any era and one of my favorite things to do in game would be laps around dalaran while goofin around with a discord full of people and establishing those friendships. I'm not someone who communicates in twitch memes or gamer words or any of that stuff. I'm always genuinely happy to have a conversation adult to adult and get to know everyone behind the screen.

maxterchief
Officer

re: App: Cheezedot

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. Your recent performance does not meet our standards. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum