Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ethotslayer

re: App: Ethotslayer

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Goosebumps#11384

b. Character Name: Ethotslayer

2. Class: Warlock

3. Current Server: Bleeding Hollow

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Any.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/ethotslayer

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

M HFC: 13/13
M NH: 5/10
M ToS: 7/9
M Antorus: 11/11
M Uldir: 7/7
M BoD: 9/9
M CoS: 1/2

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

WoD
: I sucked and got benched. Rather than stagnate and not get better as a player, I decided to start from the ground up in more casual guilds.

Legion
: Casual friend guild. Left when my friends left to go play on Horde.

: Guild stopped raiding during Argus progression. I applied to and have been there ever since.

BFA
: Boils down to not getting what I want out of the guild. There's a sect of players that think we will be able to progress just fine without putting in the effort for it, and I fundamentally disagree with that. I respect their opinions, and genuinely enjoy raiding with them, however, I think it's time I part ways with the guild and move on to bigger and better things.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Perfectly.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/bleeding-hollow/ethotslayer?mode=detailed&zone=21#difficulty=5

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment.

https://imgur.com/a/t8CKFGr

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.

There honestly haven't been many instances recently. The only things I can think of is needing to run Affliction/Destro when Demo was broken because our hunter couldn't kick the boss going into p3 (not flaming btw, they just had me do it rather than waste the time on having him do it). The spec was nerfed the following week anyway, so it didn't really matter.

There's on Cabal, where for a few nights, I had to swap between my kick pet and my imp mid-fight since we were having kick issues on the adds.

This probably doesn't count, but there was on Conclave too. I am literally the only person that ever kills the raptors. Everyone else dots them and that's about it. I think I've lost on raptor damage one time in the entirety of BoD being released. In fact, it was so bad that the last time we did BoD reclear, we wiped twice because I was playing Affliction and not Destruction, and the adds weren't dying.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 21

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity?

WoWprogress. Saw you guys are recruiting warlocks, so I figured I would send an application.

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?

I bring a good attitude, reliability, and a general positive vibe. I'm easy to work with, take criticism (you can be harsh too, if so inclined), and I have a genuine passion for the game and raiding.

At least, that's what I am told, I honestly suck at talking about myself, so I think you would be able to get a better idea of who I am as a player/person in an interview.

Also, I think something needs to be said regarding this question, though: a lot of the time it's asked on applications, but rarely is the question "What are your weaknesses as a player?" brought up. I think it's good to be self-aware of your own weaknesses so that you can fix them or play around them. For instance, I am definitely my harshest critic when it comes to...well, anything. I get tilted and I get sad over my mistakes (not other's mistakes, let me be clear on that) and one of the biggest challenges is learning to play through them and not letting said tilt affect my gameplay. It's still a work-in-progress, but I would say that I've definitely improved from where I was several months ago.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Drew, I'm a 21 year old pre-med student with aspirations of medical school and being an oncologist. I play guitar, and I love going out to fancy restaurants(especially sushi places).

Awsumpossum

I view your use of the phrase "tilted" as a weakness.  

Well-written app.  

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. Our roster is full, and we are not accepting trial members unless it is abundantly clear they are an upgrade over our current options. We don't believe you meet this criteria.

Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum