Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisperz23

re: App: Whisperz23

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Matt#12903
Discord: Whisperz#3652

b. Character Name: Wispers

2. Class: DeathKnight

3. Current Server: Bleeding-Hollow

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

dps mainspec tank os, I always play whatever is better for the encounter. BoD has been mostly unholy, with a few fights favoring frost like jadefire and rastakhan. I tend to be the third tank/backup tank, I have tanked all bosses except Jaina. I'm open to play many alts, currently I do not have any mythic ready alts as my current guild does not do splits or alt raids (409 rogue is my highest). I have experience playing warrior, warlock and paladin for mythic in the past.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/wispers

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I started taking the game more seriously near the end of mop, clearing heroic soo before prepatch. Cleared brf while it was current with a fairly casual guild, then decided to leave to pursue more competitive raiding.
I joined Availed-Anvilmar at the end of brf.
US25 HFC - dps for all prog kills, during farm took over as tank
US69 EN - tanked for most of prog
US125 ToV
During emerald nightmare I became an officer handling mostly melee, addons recruitment and loot council. I mostly contributed during raid planning when we did beta raids, and helped write strat pages for each boss. I also made weakauras during the beta tests for each encounter to share with the guild.
Attendance problems, legion grind burnout and irl issues hit hard and the guild disbanded halfway through NH prog (mid auger progression). I joined Instant Dollars-Mal'Ganis a week later to continue progression.
US30 NH - I joined during elisande prog, was in for both kills.
US20 ToS - present for all prog kills except fallen avatar (was in for about 90 wipes then swapped for more ranged in last phase). Also played fury warr for splits once prog was done.
US14 ABT - dps for the majority, tanked the 3 tank fights for prog. Also played warlock and warrior for splits, including some prot.
I got a new job shortly before BFA launched, which conflicted with Instant Dollars' raid schedule. Unfortunately I had to leave to find a guild that would meet my new schedule. I joined Resonate-Bleeding-Hollow when BFA came out.
US123 Uldir - The guild roster was 30+ members, with over 10 trials. getting a raid spot was tough. I sat for fetid and ghuun prog. I also tanked mythrax and zul for prog kills. During Uldir the guild changed raid leader once, and guild master twice. Yikes.
US123 BoD - dps for all prog kills except mekkatorque. I did a bit of tanking on stormwall prog, as the other tank was away for a week. I've tanked everything except Jaina on farm. Once Jaina died the guild raid leader changed once again.
Shortly after Jaina died I was promod to officer. Mostly helped with recruitment, log review, and comps.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

Availed-Anvilmar - Left because guild died.
Instant Dollars-Mal'ganis - Had to leave because of a work schedule conflict.
Resonate-Bleeding-Hollow - My current guild. After struggling for the entire expansion to hold a steady roster, most of the core raiders and officers are leaving or have already left. The guild has been on a downhill battle for a long time and doesn't seem to have any chance at recovering any time soon. At this point I'm fairly sure the guild will die in the next few weeks. I want a stable guild to play with for 8.2.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Understood, these hours work well for me. I should note that I would leave for work shortly after raid time is over, so any overtime more than 20min will not work for me.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.

my character's log page: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/35116747#zone=21
Unfortunately, Instant dollars private logs and I no longer have access to them. There were some splits I logged myself so I could switch some of them to public if you are interested. I also have screenshots of log highlights but that's more for my own e-peen ;)
old hfc logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/rankings/8131/8

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment.

https://imgur.com/a/2luMV2P

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.

Cabal comes to mind, For this boss I play frost with 3x frozen tempest traits for cleave damage, runic barrier defensive trait I would say is mandatory, and refracting prism is also amazing. Runic barrier has a weird interaction if your max health is very low, so with 9 stacks of PoP one ams will return more than 100 runic power for soaking both crushing doubt.
Another example on Jaina, our progression kill I had very high hps. Taking advantage of death strike healing in last phase for a small dps loss is something I don't see very often in other logs. Our Spriests are also very inconsistent on stunning p1 adds, so I babysit the adds to make sure they don't get a bomb cast using grip if I see one wasn't stunned.
I can think of many unique situations to cover here but I'll keep it short for the app. Can discuss in an interview further if you are interested.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age:23

13. Gender: I currently identify as Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprogress

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?

I want to join infinite because I am looking for a stable, fun and competitive raiding atmosphere. I would say that I am hard on myself when I fuck up, so I make sure to always be prepared for new encounters. I will do whatever it takes to never make the same mistake twice. I'm good with weakauras and play/watch beta tests to help with this. I'm always ready to tank if the situation arises for it, or play an alt/offspec/sit if my mainspec is poor on the fight.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.

I work in a warehouse as a forklift operator, went to school for IT computer systems, video games are my main hobby but I also mountain bike and like following computer tech. I'm a pretty quiet person, especially around people I don't know. I don't get mad and like to have fun.

Thanks for reading this over, I look forward to hearing from you.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: App: Whisperz23

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. We are not seeking death knights for our roster at this time. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum