Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phenomtank

re: App: Phenom - Tank

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Knighteius#1918

b. Character Name: Adapps, Phenomdk, Phenomw, Phenomdh, Phenomdruid, Phenompally

2. Class: Basically all tanks but usually main Monk for prog

3. Current Server: Zul'jin

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Usually tanks are Main Spec but I could play windwalker and possibly mistweaver. I also have a warlock that's 408 (Phenominals) and a priest that's like 400 ilvl. I haven't raided on those guys this expac yet though.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/zuljin/adapps

6. What is your raiding experience?

9/9M CE in BoD, 8/8M CE in Uldir, didn't raid much in Antorus, 7/9M ToS (Guild fell apart on Avatar), 10/10M CE NH, ToV 3/3M CE, 8/8M CE EN. Legion was the first expansion I really pushed for mythic raiding

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

Vigil - Zul'jin (Top 10 Sever) which is what I've been in since half way through Uldir after my guild from the beginning of the expac died. Vigil decided to cease raiding as half the players wanted to go more hardcore and push CoS and the other half wanted to take a break from the game.

In legion I was in a guild called Back In My Day on Zul'jin which we were able to get CE for the first 3 raids in Legion. During ToS we faced some roster issues and our GM being pulled more for work and not able to play as much. Due to this some of the players that were chosen to lead ended up killing the guild.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Got it!

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

Tank logs meh but here they are: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/adapps#zone=21&partition=1

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

http://prntscr.com/nn251d 

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs

I would say the ones that stick out the most are stormwall and rastakhan. Being that I was the tank in the guild that had multiple tank classes, we were able to utilize this for a reasonably fast kill on rastakhan using the Paladin cheese to not have to swap the bosses in "phase 2." After telling my guild leadership that it would make it a lot easier after 30 or so pulls they finally let me bring in the pally and it was killed that night I believe.

On stormwall I utilized a dk build that allowed me to have a pretty huge amount of health which enabled me to soak the ire of the deep mechanic by myself without the risk of dying without having to use cd's. This helped secure our first kill on the boss as both us tanks struggled to manage this on other classes even though with how geared we are now classes probably wouldn't matter too much.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 24

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity?

Just looking at wowprog guilds that are recruiting on servers I'd be okay with playing on.

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I wish to join Infinity to hopefully be apart of a guild that will continue to push content at a high degree. I love progressing new raids and the challenge that it brings. I enjoy it even more when it's with a guild that can have fun while doing so and eventually befriend players that I play with outside of raiding or wow, possibly on other games etc.

I think I would be a great addition to Infinity because of my ability to adapt to almost any situation. With the ability to play any tank class to what I would consider a great degree, I can bring anything to a boss fight that helps secure the kill faster. I think that is also what sets me apart. I'm big on picking up on patterns and possible strategies that others might not consider. An example was the dk strat for stormwall... it was a strategy that was pretty different so you didn't have to rely on a tank using cd's to soak.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

I just graduated college last year and I am a software engineer at an aerospace/defense company! I just recently got engaged to a girl I've been dating for 7 years. I love video games and have ever since I played an xbox 360 for the first time. I've been gaming since 2006 and pc gaming started for me in 2016. I love playing games with friends and just having a great time in general while doing it. I bring some bad jokes to the table and tend to find most things funny! I'd consider every guild I've been in since the beginning of legion to have had an impact on me and would consider them all family. Each one has made me a better player and brings the best out of me both in-game and in real-life some times.

Thanks for taking the time to read my app!

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: App: Phenom - Tank

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. We are seeking a tank with similar skill level as our current tanks, and you don't seem to meet this criteria. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum