Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discodonny

re: App: Discodonny

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Disco#11254

b. Character Name: Discodonny

2. Class: Hunter

3. Current Server: Illidan

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): BM-MM, haven't played survival in a mythic environment but I have put a lot of time into the spec.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/illidan/discodonny

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? First expansion playing. CE-Both tiers.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? Simple Math-Mal'Ganis- Got CE in Uldir and cleared through opulence with them the first week of the tier. Didn't really enjoy the raid environment or the people I played with, was never really a good fit for me from the beginning. Narcosis- Illidan, went there mid tier, many of the good players left, others randomly quit and there was a lot of turnover throughout Jaina. The main tank had to leave and it was going to require us to take a week off from prog so I quit and got CE with Helix-Illidan. I like my current guild for the most part and they have tried to make changes to be more progression oriented and push into the top 75. However, recent events have had me really question the guild leadership and their ability to maintain guild structure.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood? Yes

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/illidan/discodonny#zone=21

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. https://gyazo.com/e98c4aff78878496b49c33017bea74df

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. Unfortunately, playing a hunter feels very cookie cutter and there's not much to differentiate on. I would say that the most recent thing I felt differentiated myself from other hunters was finding which fights I could optimally use the gloves from U'nnat. When the raid came out I noticed that the proc was extremely strong assuming you could maintain the 90%+ health. When searching I saw no other hunters using them, or any posts from other hunters talking about their strength. (it's very possible that they just didn't have them but knew of the proc strength)
PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age:26

13. Gender:Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprog

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? I really like the fact that this is an old guild that has withstood the test of the time. It tells me that the people who have been put into leadership roles have been doing things the right way, and raiders are buying into the guild's structure/rules. I think I could be a good addition to Infinity because of what I have been able to achieve with my overall inexperience in WOW. I just started playing/raiding this expansion and have figured many of the intricacies of the game on my own and have become a strong player. Additionally, I am very competitive and enjoy learning the game/improving. If put in an environment of very skilled players, I know I will thrive and be able to reach my full potential and hopefully become a reliable, long-term raider here.
16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. Personality-I'm really laid back and friendly for the most part. Not an egotistical player. Very thick skin. Life- Just finished law school in DC, but am moving back to Chicago where I am from. Have always been very into lifting/working out so that consumes a lot of my free time outside of work, school, and WoW. If there's anything else you would like to know feel free to ask. I'm an open person.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: App: Discodonny

Unfortunately we have decided to decline your application. We have decided to pursue other ranged dps candidates. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum