Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
normative

re: Norm - shadow priest

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: norm#11284

b. Character Name: normpriest

2. Class: priest

3. Current Server: illidan

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): shadow (willing to swap to whatever rdps is fotm/needed)

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/illidan/Normpriest

6. What is your raiding experience? (in world rankings)BfA: G'huun 117, Jaina 141. Legion: Argus 268. I started playing WoW mid Legion, first 20m raid was Nighthold so I'm relatively new to the game.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? My first raiding guild was on Korgath, where I got a first taste of raiding during Nighthold. We were a pretty casual 2 day guild, and I stayed there through ToS, where we failed to down KJ. Many of our players were unsatisfied with our leadership and wanted to push for higher and higher rankings which we tried to do in the early weeks of Antorus, but unfortunately the guild fell apart (expectations were vastly different, and miscommunications between officers had a major role in this). I joined with a couple friends, enticed (at the time) by "veteran leadership" where we finished off Antorus, G'huun, and Jaina. Post BoD I decided to take a break, mainly due to burn out and a general disinterest in farming AP/titanforging (there were other reasons that I'll gladly elaborate on in voice if needed). I'm looking to come back because I have way too much free time to do absolutely nothing at all, and I'm hella bored.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood? Yes. The times work perfectly for me currently, and I'm usually pretty good about using my mic when needed.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/36981384?mode=detailed&zone=21#zone=21&partition=1&difficulty=5

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. My game is currently uninstalled so I don't have any saved screenshots of my UI right now. If this is required I'm willing to re-app when I get everything set up again. My UI hasn't changed much since Argus though. Consists of Elvui, bigwigs, WA, and kui nameplates as a base.

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. During BoD things like MDing roots on Jaina, shielding slowpokes in intermission with body & soul, MCing adds in p1, levitating on mekka, etc count I guess? As a shadow priest we've been pigeonholed by blizz to use a cookie cutter spec, and the only real gear customization we have is through balancing crit/haste in different ratios as well. Honestly I'm not exactly sure how to answer this question. In my mind every one of 20 people in the raid should be doing their utmost to make sure the guild progresses at a decent pace, and you should be using all your abilities and optimizing your character to the best of your ability to make your life and others' lives easier during prog. Doing anything non-standard is just a part of that. Hopefully this doesn't sound too r/iamverysmart, it's genuinely how I feel.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 23

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? I know Mini and used to raid with Dubsi.

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? Your raid times are perfect for my schedule, for one. One of the main thing I focus on when looking for a guild is the leadership, and this is really one of the only guilds that I haven't heard anything negative about. I believe having a clear goal and vision is very important when leading a guild, hopefully my assumptions are correct! Along with all the basic things that I believe makes a good raider (a good mix of accountability, adaptability, mechanical skill, problem solving, and quick thinking), my first and foremost priority is making sure the guild is able succeed. Whether that is doing the "bitch boy jobs", or slamming the boss as hard as I possibly can, I'm always down. I'm a pretty logical and objective person, which makes a game like modern WoW where we're constantly analyzing our performances and problem solving right up my alley. I'm not in it for the big dps numbers or anything of the sort, I just enjoy the process of working through these bosses as a team and have fun doing it. It's just a lucky coincidence that (imo) I'm also relatively decent at it.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. I'm Eric, a Designer living in Toronto, Canada. I went to school for software engineering, but dropped out in my 2nd year (one of the only decisions in my life that I somewhat regret). My day to day usually consists of work, work, and some more work with a bit of sleep sprinkled in between (imo a good thing since I'm fortunate enough to work in a field that I love). I'm quite introverted and quiet around people I don't know, but once I open up I think I'm a pretty chill guy. I enjoy swimming, reading, gaming with the boys (apex is the goto rn), and sleeping in.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Norm, I sent you a friend request on btag. Message me when you have a moment to chat.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Trial granted

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum