Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Odin sama

re: Odin - Healer, but a sailor at heart

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Odin#11696

b. Character Name: Odhin / Voodin

2. Class: Paladin / Druid

3. Current Server: Sargeras / Mannoroth

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Healer

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/sargeras/Odhin

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/mannoroth/Voodin

6. What is your raiding experience?

I started playing late BC and started to raid right when WotlK launched. Nothing too insane but still serious, mostly 3 days/week groups + my own 10men with friends. I was tanking on my paladin back then.

In Cataclysm, I joined Pie Chart as a tank where we did US 11th, 13th and 10th respectively for all 3 tiers in 25men.

Started MoP as a holy paladin in a 10men which quickly morphed into a 25men that would later become Razzia, US 8th on Raden, 6th on Garrosh and 8th on Blackhand.

Things got weird at the end of WoD, I took a break and we reformed to a more casual format in HFC. I switched to DPS (hunter) since there were already many competent healers when I came back and I was fine with trying something new. Even though it was clear from leadership that we weren't going to be as hardcore as before, expectations were still high coming into legion and we got smacked. Disbanded for good on Gul'dan and I did not raid seriously for the rest of legion.

Fast forward to today, I joined a casual guild with RL friends not too long before BfA but I quickly realised that wasn't going to work, so I joined Midwinter soon after their first G'huun kill. I am still in Midwinter as of today.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

I left my first guild in WotlK because I wanted more, because I felt like I was simply better than the other players around me and because leading was really starting to weigh down on me.

Left Pie Chart at the end on Cata because we wanted to create our own 10men, with just a few handpicked best of the best players.

Left Razzia in WoD because, with 2 mandatory alts and the sales run, everyone was getting burned out and it just wasn't fun anymore.

Left Razzia in Legion because we disbanded.

I'm looking to leave Midwinter because raiding until 1am just isn't realistic for me in the long run.

I'd like to make it clear that I have never, and I hope will never leave a guild during progression. Of course, some situations are out of our control but, I respect people enough not to leave them high and dry in the middle of a tier.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Loud and clear. In Midwinter, we added hours and days of raiding left and right, and I never missed a raid. I took a day off to day raid on the first Tuesday of mythic and, on Tuesday this week, we raided until 3am even though I had to wake up for work at 6 the next day. Attendance has never been an issue for me.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

Unfortunately our BoD logs are still private. Best I can give you is this.

I could provide screenshots and what not if required, but as a healer, I feel like those numbers don't mean much.

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://imgur.com/LSxc2xF

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

Jaina's a good example of that. Healing or tool wise, there's not much to say. Besides the occasional Hand of freedom here and there, Hpal doesn't exactly have anyhting special for the fight. I should go back to the beginning: We started on Jaina with 4 healers and me sitting out. After a few nights of people dying during the high damage phases, we began seeing logs with 5 healers and decided to give it a try. First night, I went the Glimmer haste build but quickly realised that we didn't need that much healing. It also wasn't my style so I suggested I could be kind of a DPS healer and switched talents around. Basically my role was to DPS the boss as much as I can and pop AC during high damage phases where we didn't have many CDs.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 31

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? I hang out with the lowest of the lows, Moonscythe and Tbk

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

The usual, really. You guys don't raid too much, have a great progression and I know people here.

Now, what sets me apart. Good question, I'm gonna try not to give you the usual here, since not failing, showing up, etc.. that's just what's expected. I guess the main difference between me and most high end raiders is that I don't have the ego most people have. Don't get me wrong, I still hate being benched with a passion, but I don't crave for big numbers on the meters or flashy plays. I'm more than willing to do the ungrateful job that'll make you look like you're being carried to the unknowing eye. I'm also willing to play anything and everything. As shown in my raiding history, I have experience with every role at a fairly high level of raiding. I think understanding the reality of everyone like that helps when it's time to fiddle with a strat or decide whom I should help out/heal first. Every time I switched class, spec or role, it was to fill a need within the group, not just because I got bored or wanted to gear another character.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

Hey, I'm Sam, I'm an IT project manager for a big insurance company in Quebec City, Canada. So yeah, another frenchy, but don't worry I don't speak much during raids. I don't have kids and I don't want any, my girlfriend and my 2 cats are just as much management as I can handle when I come home from work. I'm the opposite of a sports guy, I like reading, theater, comedy and good restaurants. I play the piano and, before I studied programming to get an actual job, I majored in music. We should go Karaoke some time.

I usually play a lot. If it's not WoW, it's Path of Exile or something else. I love M+ and I try to keep an alt at a decent level. You probably noticed my app shows 2 characters, that's because I'd like to play my druid for the next tier. I know you guys already have a very good hpal, so I'm just posting mine because it's the most relevant info for this app. Anyway, like stated, I'll play anything. In the end it's just different colors and buttons.

Hope you enjoyed the read and that I'll hear from you guys soon,

Good luck on Jaina!

Awsumpossum

If negative comments about TbSnake were enough to get you in, you'd have my vote.  

Odin sama

It's not?? What kind of show are you running here

Awsumpossum

I'm up for a coup if you are.  

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Odin, thanks for the application. Our review process is a bit slow while we complete Jaina progression, but we should have a decision within 24 hours. One final question in the meantime, can you play any healers other than druid and paladin?

Odin sama

Hey, grats on the clean Jaina kill.

I try and keep 2 characters at a decent level of comfort and gear.

I have a 120 monk and shaman I played a bit in mythic Uldir splits. With a bit of a heads up (I'm probably rusty), I'd gladly use them on prog.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

I sent you a contact request through bnet. Message me when you have a moment to chat. 

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Trial granted.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum