Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wumbology

re: WMB - Mal'Ganis

1. a. BattleTag: Wumbo#1964

b. Character Name: WMB

2. Class: Rogue

3. Current Server: Mal'Ganis

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): I play all 3 specs but my outlaw traits are not the best atm.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/Wmb

(If for some reason the gear isn't correct on the site here is a gyazo of what my Sin gear I use in raid https://gyazo.com/5a50bd77079e6308a20fe7478b648ca7)

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? 

I've played casually since vanilla but only began raiding in Legion. I've gotten CE every tier since EN. 

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

In legion I joined a raid team in a mega guild called < Serpah > on mal'ganis Raided with them EN->NH. tldr they were very casual and I wanted something more serious.

I joined < Semantics > and in Tomb of Sargeras and finished this tier with them US 126. I've been playing with them for the past 2 years. The reason I'm looking for a new guild is because a lot of the core team has left or stopped playing for various reason and it doesn't feel like the same guild to me anymore.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood? 

Yup no problems.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/malganis/wmb?mode=detailed&zone=19#partition=1&boss=2144&difficulty=5

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://gyazo.com/356438a17ad1f08a21c13f3cf2d333c0 (i hope this scuffed gyazo is acceptable)

https://www.twitch.tv/notwumbo/clip/PiliableHelpfulOtterLeeroyJenkins?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

For my play in general I'm always trying to optimize my performance from pull to pull. Things like making sure I have combo points and Garrote off cool down for when Gestate happens on vectis so I can swap immediately, Or refreshing my dots before Mythrax's add before he disappears.

I also think ahead in a fight and play very proactively so I'm rarely surprised by mechanics coming out. I am always looking to abuse Cloak of Shadows on fights I used it a lot in uldir to avoid big mechanics, like getting the big circle on fetid or getting a stack from vetics dot and use it to soak boils in the growth on ghuun if needed.

For specific fights every knew zul was literally the perfect sub rogue fight, boss + lots of small adds = 6 point evis spam. Because you can generate so many combo points haste (usaully subs best stat) became incredibly devalued and mastery (+dmg to finishing moves) was a much better secondary to stack. I run a lot of mythic + outside of raid so I was able to swap a lot of heavy haste gear and haste trinkets out with mastery items and I pulled head of the other rogues in my guild because of it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a6WQVzmFKL2hqJ9R#fight=16&type=damage-done (zul fight)

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 25

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity?

I found you guys on Wowprog when I was looking for a team with simliar times to what I raid currently.

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I want to join infinity because I want to play with a guild who has a bit more structure and players who are motivated and still like to play the game. I think my attitude towards the game is what sets me apart from other good players who are looking to join. I'm a positive person who is very easy to get a long with, but also very driven. I'm always looking to to improve and exceed expectations. I handle criticism well and view it as a way to get better. I am also willing and able to play other or multiple classes. I've been playing melee in bfa but have every class above 110.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

I'm currently working for a general contractor in North Dakota, I moved from Seattle to here after college. I played soccer my entire life and in college. I think the main reason I like raiding so much is just being apart of a team and have everyone working toward the same goal. In my free time I mostly play ... other games. mainly league of legends osu and Overwatch. I also paint using spray paint and custom make stencils. I'm a very open person so if you have any questions for me or would just like to know more lmk :]

Last edited by Wumbology on 01/13/19 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
slappaww

looks like you copy pasted the guild names and the forum doesnt like outside fonts so they didnt post. Might be good to edit those

Wumbology

Fixed! Thank you for pointing that out. I filled out the application template in notepad so if there are any other issues please let me know and I'll get it fixed asap.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. Your performance does not meet our standards. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum