Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matgonza

re: Mage-Frost/Fire/Arcane

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Matgonza#1720

b. Character Name: Matgonza

2. Class: Mage

3. Current Server: Mal'Ganis

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Frost, have raided this expansion as Arcane a few times but it ended up not being necessary so I swapped back to frost. I can play fire as well, I have not at all this expansion due to it under-performing, but with recent buffs I will be playing that when possible.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/Matgonza

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? I had very little raiding experience in TBS, WoTLK, and Cata. I did not play in MoP or WoD unfortunately. I came back for Legion and achieved Cutting Edge: Xavius. Ahead of the Curve: Helya. I was then 6/10 Mythic NH with multiple 1% wipes on Star Augar. I then went 8/9 Mythic in Tomb of Sargeras. I then went on to achieve Cutting Edge: Argus with a guild that placed US 106. In Uldir I am 5/8 mythic. 

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

I will list me guilds from most recent to least recent. 

Guiles Theme Song-Mal'Ganis

I joined Guiles Theme Song during Antorus. When I joined them, they were on Kin'Gorath progression. After my performance on their farm kills for my trial week they asked me to stay for their progression on Kin'Gorath as well. Since that day I have only sat for two progression kills. I was asked to sit for Varimathras since the officer core had a very specific set up in mind for that boss that did not include two mages. The second progression fight that I was asked to sit for was Mother in Uldir. I was asked to sit for this boss in order to make room for a second Demon Hunter for our double darkness strategy. I was also asked to sit for Zul recently, but that was not a time they managed to get the kill. I was asked to sit for this fight so that the guild could class stack rogues. In legion, Guiles Theme Song achieved US 106 Argus the Unmaker. I am searching for a new guild due to the fact that the officer core has called it quits due to several key members of the raid team leaving for personal reasons.

Seraph/Regency- Mal'Ganis

I joined this guild when they were on Mistress Progression in Tomb of Sargeras. I was in for every progression kill from Mistress to Avatar. Basically once I joined, I was the starting mage for every fight and was only asked to sit for farm so we could rotate other members in. This guild started out okay but seemed to be plagued with inner turmoil. The officers could never come to a concise decision without wasting a large chunk of raid time. There were also members of the guild who were not willing to put in the effort to learn the intricacies of their class fight or the boss fight. This lead to a lot of players under-performing. We managed to kill Avatar and had two weeks to work on Kil'Jaeden progression. The officers decided to not push for the KJ kill because the boss was "too hard to kill". When that decision was made I decided to look for a different guild and was invited to Guiles Theme Song for a trial after a period of searching. 

I had originally joined the guild Seraph. But with it being made up of multiple raid teams, the team I was a part of decided to split and formed Regency. That is why they are listed together. 

W A R S O N G B O Y S -Area 52 

I joined this guild for a short time during Tomb of Sargeras. When I joined they had just killed Sisters for the first time. I was brought in for their second kill of Sisters and then asked to progress on Desolate Host with them. After our Desolate Host kill I was pulled aside and informed that even with performing better than their current mage, I would receive very little progression time because the other mage was an old friend and they didn't want to hurt his feelings. I decided to leave this guild so that I could actually play the game and raid rather than ride the bench. 

Pogs Anonymous- Bleeding Hollow. 

I joined Pogs Anonymous when a group of friends left my previous guild and transferred to Bleeding Hollow. This guild started in Nighthold and we ended the tier at 6/10 mythic with multiple 1% wipes on Star Augar. This guild was simply a group of friends playing the game. I decided to leave this guild to push harder into mythic content. 

Raid Ready- Tichondrius

This was my first guild when I came back to WoW. I joined the guild with the simple goal of being able to raid. We achieved Cutting Edge Xavius. The day after we got that achievement, a group of friends decided to relocate to Bleeding Hollow and invited me along. 

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood? Absolutely makes sense. 

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26688848 I also have all of the individual logs from Uldir If you would like those as well. 

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. https://imgur.com/a/SuyKf4P Any boss specific weak auras are on the top left/right of my character. These would include things such as the group WA for vectis or a WA stating when an important priority add is spawning.

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. An example of this in Uldir would be Vectis. As a frost mage you should be doing as much as you can to ensure that you get multiple Glacial Spike casts into the add while having splitting ice talented. This is done by holding onto your procs if an add is coming up before you will be able to generate 5 icicles again. This also means that you can precast your Glacial Spike before the add has actually spawned and the cast will hit both the boss and the add as soon as the add is attackable, if timed properly of course. Another example of using my class abilities to make life easier on other raiders would be Fetid. If you have the large DoT and are targeted by the bosses breath attack, if running out would cause you to spread the DoT, you can simply Ice Block and immune the breath. This is something simple but helps out immensely as it provides more safe room for your friends, and ensure that your healers don't have to cover your mistake of spreading the DoT. Another example would be Zul, where frost mages can take Artic Gale to make their blizzard instant cast and larger to help slow down the crawgs to allow the 3rd tank some breathing room. 

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 25

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprogress.

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? I want to push mythic content as hard as possible on a three night a week schedule. Infinity seems quite capable of that. I believe that I can add to the team by bringing consistent damage and mechanical ability. 

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. I work in a financial aid office ensuring that students are able to make their college dreams come true. On the weekends I enjoy going for short hikes in the numerous state parks around me. I love to play video games. WoW is my main game, and I typically rotate through other games as well. If you have any other questions or want to reach out to me you can message me on discord at Matgonza#6887

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: Mage-Frost/Fire/Arcane

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. We are content with the three mages on our roster, and we are not seeking a fourth. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum