Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoShisno

re: Shisnobear - Resto Druid

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Shisno#1515

b. Character Name: Shisnobear

2. Class: Druid

3. Current Server: Azgalor

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Resto / Have played balance when it is overtuned.

Disc Priest Alt

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/azgalor/Shisnobear

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I've been raiding off and on since BC.  Raided 10 and 25 in WotLK. 10 man in Cata, 10 man in MoP and 20 man ever since. 

BC didn't raid competitively. Peaked around US 20th in WotLK but our guild broke before we got a LK kill. Cata I raided with Carebears and we were around the US40th mark and improving, ending the xpac at US26th. In MoP was still with Carebears and we hovered around US 12-15. We ended up losing a decent amount of people to burnout in SoO so WoD started off rocky. I moved to Topped Off since I was still looking to push and challenge myself.

I took a break after Topped Off broke up and then came back to raid in Legion with Carebears again. We were able to hover around the US40th mark and got a US 25th Helya Kill. Unfortunately the guild broke up again at M Guldan so took another break from the game. I'm now looking to get back to the top tier raiding for BfA.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave?

I've been in Carebears and in Topped Off. Both guilds broke up.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Understood - I am used to 3 night raiding and understand the importance of progression time.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/azgalor/shisnobear?mode=detailed&zone=10#zone=10&metric=hps

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/11947626?zone=12&mode=detailed#metric=hps

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://imgur.com/a/xQFpNsP

Old screenshots at this point since LFG is dead in raid. Top is my weakaura set up that has been modified to take out artifact weapon now. Bottom is a grid setup that tracks all of my hots and all incoming heals.

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zQTpN8J41KD6Mmhx#fight=37&type=healing - High Bot in Nighthold. For this fight the struggle was tank healing in phase 3. There is some raid healing that happens in all phases but it isn't anything too punishing and won't cause raid wipes generally. For this I took the lifebloom legendary and all tank heal stats so that I could keep the tank alive through high stacks. As a druid I did about 50% more tank healing than the paladin and far away the most. This allowed us to do less tank swaps which was the choatic part of the fight and was causing the most wipes, leading to a quicker kill. This is outside the standard druid of blanketing the raid and having high hps and was a nice change of pace. I think the largest strength that high hps logs show is that a healer isn't dropping any GCDs, which I've found to be more common amongst healers than DPS who live for not dropping a single GCD.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 31

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprogress

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I am very used to raiding 3 nights a week and love the efficient use of time that it creates. Prepping outside of raid to get the most during raid. Raid time is sacred and thus bickering and drama must be cut out so that pull time and strat discussion is maximized. Not wasting time so that progression can be maximized.

On top of the logistics raiding atmosphere is important and can be the difference in keeping morale high and avoiding little mistakes adding up over the night. Keeping this in mind I don't queue my mic to swear at a mechanic and distract others, I don't yell or get into it with someone mid raid (and hopefully ever). Problem with the strat? Take it to the healing lead/officer, let them work it out.

I research my class exhaustively, sim gear and traits always. I breathe resto druid at this point. With the amount of time I have been playing it I’ve gone through every iteration and every spell set. They decide to change resto druid tomorrow so that non meta spells become meta? No problem, I’ve played with those spells as my main set too. Resto druid is to the point where the healing is basically auto so the raid awareness and calls can be on point. I've been playing this class and spec for so long I believe I can play at the top end as I have before. The teamwork and cohesion that comes from clearing content at the bleeding edge is not found anywhere else in the raiding scene and I have sorely missed it.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

Well I live up in Minnesota so we get nice and bored during the longer winters. Married and currently house hunting and am quite sick of looking at houses at this point. I work IT file server management for a large restaurant chain up here but have never really identified myself by my work.

I throughly enjoy delving deep into a project which is why I probably like WoW and once I dive into something I commit hard. Getting into the intricacies and small details to really push something to its limit is what brings happiness to me. The thrill of a challenge is what drives me in many of the things I do.

Bonus Cat Pic:https://imgur.com/yBxNYnv

Tigerlily1510
Officer

Cute cat! 

Quick question: Do you click your abilities?

Thanks!

FoShisno

I use bartender for my bars and keybind through that mostly. Strafe and some of the basics are through Blizz Keybindings but I have a large amount of keybindings being a druid - although it seems like with every xpac they prune some things.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. You have solid experience and logs, but our healing roster is set for the coming raid weeks. If any positions open in the near future, you will be first on our contact list. 

Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum