Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triñity

re: Trinity - Resto Druid

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: To Be Determined

b. Character Name: Trinity (Old Name)

2. Class:  Druid  

3. Current Server:

Will be returning to the game for BFA. The server I join will be whichever server my future guild will be on.

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Restoration. I can play balance, but nowhere near the same level as restoration. If you guys still dps like you used to, then my balance skills aren’t even comparable to what you’d expect out of dps.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

I haven’t played since WoD, but I was nearly Bis’d out at the time I left the game.

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I have raided in Wow on and off since BC, but I was super wack back then. WotLK is when I began raiding competitively, with a server first LK kill on Shadowmoon. I missed Cataclysm due to military obligations. I have raided in US Top 100 Guilds since SoO, and in WoD I began raiding with top 50 US. I generally parse between 95-99%, and have had a few top 10 rankings for R Druids.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

Pre-Mop I honestly can’t remember any guild details.

In MoP I raided with a guild named Insight, who later changed their name to something I don’t know. We were US 102 for 10m at the time. They were a fun group of guys, and I left the guild when I had to deploy with the military. Good men, those ones.

In WoD my ability had reached a level beyond where Insight was, and I began looking for US top 50 guilds. I managed to get into Challenge Accepted, US 34 at the time, due to a lot of 99% parses. Unfortunately, I soon discovered they were super sayain 3 level racists, and I had to hide my half blackness the entire time, because I just want to raid with very good people, which they were. Eventually though, it started getting to me, and I left the guild during Gorefiend progression. I took a couple month break after that because at the time, no top 100 guilds were recruiting Resto Druids.

I CAME BACK AND JOINED YOU GUYS

I joined you guys when I think your original R Druid was transitioning out of the game. I loved playing with you guys honestly. I didn’t talk a lot but I got along with you guys great. There were some A-1 personalities I really vibed with, and some incredibly talented players. I’m a smidge bit of an elitist myself, but in Infinity I felt I was surrounded by equals the whole time. I remember the RL was an Ely Shaman named Chazz (I think), who was the best RL I personally ever had. There was a crazy talented Warlock, and a badass hunter. There was also a holy pally named Alyria who was absolutely phenomenal. I’ve always found myself lowkey carrying heals in most guilds I was in, but Alyria was one of the few healers I considered my equal (maybe better :( ), and secretly I had a rivalry with him. During farm my goal was to never let him get too far ahead of me on the meters, and I always wanted to duo heal with him during farm, to see how often we could crack top 10. He was dope. There was a lot of dope players in Infinity, and I always felt we had the talent to be ranked a lot higher than we were at the time.

The reason I left was because my PC at the time was ABSOLUTE TRASH. I felt so bad and felt like I was letting the team down, because, some of you may remember, I WOULD CRASH 2-3 TIMES A NIGHT! Jeez, I felt awful about it, shutting down the raid for 15 minutes while my PC would reboot. The pc was so trash it would periodically effect my performance as well. I remember on Mannaroth we would stack for shadow gaze in a big group, and the graphics were so intense (even on the lowest settings) I would drop to 5-6 fps, and could not get centered fast enough, and would be pushed off on the reg because of it (BMG would bust my ass about ). But the KEY issue was the crashing, and towards the end I could tell it was getting to people. Chazz eventually pulled me aside to talk to me about it, and let me know I wouldn’t be able to start anymore because of it. I understood completely and didn’t fight him on it, it was a real problem and I knew it. I decided to take a break from Wow after that, the PC was getting worse and worse and I wasn’t in a position to replace it. I’ve kept up on it though (thanks Asmongold/Preach), and finally have a reliable PC. I’m ready to come back for BFA, and before I apply to any other guild, I definitely want to see if you guys had a spot open first.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Yes. While I was with you guys I had a 100% attendance rate. Way I see it, we all have 20+ depending on us, and missing a night means letting them down, so I treat raid nights the same way I would a job, gotta show up.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/11981659?mode=detailed&zone=8#metric=hps&difficulty=5&partition=1&spec=Restoration&compare=parses

Please note the number of attempts I had with these parses. Whereas most people would have dozens if not hundreds of attempts on those bosses at the time, I was fresh on ALL of those bosses, with as little as 2-3 kills on alot of them. I really just want to drive home how quickly I pick up on boss mechanics, and I feel like the parses per attempts does a good job illustrating that.

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

My old screenshots of my UI was on my old PC, which was scrapped. I can post an updated one though later if you’d like. My UI is funky, but it works for me.

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

Um…I think the best example I can think of his how fast I pick up on mechanics of boss fights. I learn very quick and adapt quickly. For example, when I joined you guys, I had 0 attempts on Iskar – Archimonde, though with good RL and my own research, I quickly grasped what was going on, and was regularly downing these bosses with little to no mistakes (except the Manny 5fps problem I listed earlier). Archimonde, for instance, I believe we killed on our 3rd attempt that night, which was personally my 3rd attempt overall, and I performed very well that encounter. I feel like I’m a reliable player, who manages mechanics consistently, while still managing to parse in the high 90s alot, if not most of the time, especially once I've engaged with the boss more than a handful of times. I’ll also regularly volunteer to do a task that needs to be done, because I believe I’m capable of doing it right, and appreciate the added responsibility.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 29

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Was a member

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I’d been a member before, so I know there aren’t the same risks there are with joining a ‘new’ guild. I know it’s good people, and, most importantly to me, talented people who can kill bosses efficiently. I know I’ll be a good addition because I pride myself on reliability. I obsess over min/maxing my class, I learn mechanics very fast, and I can always be counted on showing up when I’m needed. I know the resto druid like I know my hand, and have averaged 90+ parses since MoP. I plan to bring the same passion and commitment to BFA, hopefully with you guys.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

I’m a 29 year old accountant from Ohio. Other than gaming my passions include fitness and ‘financial literacy’ (stock market, real estate, investing). I’m big on honor, integrity, and respecting people. Could be from the military, could be from me ol’ Papa, I’m not sure. I’m into nerdy stuff like anime, manga, marvel comics. Um…anything else I think is best learned organically.

Awsumpossum

There's something on your nose.

Triñity

Awsumpossum wrote:

There's something on your nose.

Yeah I know. I keep telling your mom to chill but she keeps putting it on my face

Awsumpossum

Lol

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. We are only recruiting applicants who are upgrades over our current options, and you don't seem to meet this criteria. 

We appreciate the positive comments regarding our guild and its members. Best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum