Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murdocpvp

re: Murdoc - Prot Warrior / Multi-tank

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Murdoc#1413 (Bnet) / Murdoc#4512 (Discord)

b. Character Name: Murdoc

2. Class: Protection Warrior main - Guardian / Blood / Veng / Brew / Prot Paly alts

3. Current Server: US Hyjal - Horde

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Protection

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/hyjal/Murdoc

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

In Vanilla I was a rogue main in a guild called on Drak'thul. I raided ZG, MC, BWL, AQ40 (cleared Emps), and Naxx 40 (cleared a handful of bosses, memory getting fuzzy on exactly which). In BC I started maining my warrior. I tanked SSC, Eye, some of Mt Hyjal and BT. In WotLK, I started the expansion tanking, but ultimately swapped to DPS for the overall needs of the raid team. I cleared all content up to heroic (now mythic) LK, and had to step away from the game after being diagnosed with cancer (I'm happy to report that I'm 8 years cancer-free). 

I returned to WoW in MoP. I played casually for a few months until the raiding itch became too much to ignore. I joined Hyjal in August 2013 as a DPS main. My first raid there was heroic (now mythic) Lei Shen progression. Since that time, I've killed every mythic raid boss with FA as a member of their starting 20 roster. I made the swap back to tanking for HFC in WoD, and have enjoyed that role to this day. 

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

The only guild I have been in over the last 5 years has been Hyjal. I left to seek out a more competitive environment (please see below).

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Honestly your schedule is EXTREMELY attractive, and I would have no trouble maintaining 95%+ lifetime attendance. I generally play Monday - Friday. I tend to log on 10:00AMish PST and play through 11:00PMish PST with a few breaks scattered through the day for food + exercise. Start and end times are flexible, but generally you can expect me on during the day + through the end of raid, but not much presence during the late night hours.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/4701?mode=detailed&zone=17#difficulty=5

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://i.imgur.com/Xmb0N3E.jpg (raid) https://i.imgur.com/vEFhw7X.jpg (WA’s + /played)

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

A great example would be Mythic Felhounds. After killing Argus, my team wanted to tweak some of our current strats for faster / funner kills. Felhounds in particular was a lot of fun from a tanking standpoint, because the strat was to keep the dogs stacked for the entire fight. It was like getting a bonus boss to progress on, and was extremely punishing for any tanking errors, but it quickly became my favorite fight in the instance. Learning that strat took us a few hours over the course of a few lockouts, but in the end yielded some great (and fun) results. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aR9NLWyXAfTgbwKM#fight=57&playermetric=dps

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 39

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprogress

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

Two things really stand out to me huge pluses to Infinity. First and foremost is your schedule, and your relative progression speed while generally operating under a 9 hour raid schedule. Don't get me wrong, I'm normally online 40+ hours a week regardless of raid times, but being able to accomplish what your team does in the time constraints you're under is very impressive. Secondly, your guild transfer to horde from alliance says a lot to me about the dedication of your raid team and raiders. As minor as it may sound, getting 20+ people to spend out of pocket to xfer just further shows the commitment to the betterment of the team, and that is very appealing. 

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

I’m an adult, married, no kids + medically retired. As such, my schedule is very flexible. Prior to cancer, I was a SWAT Team officer for a decade. I held various positions on the team, including rear guard, breacher, explosive breacher, point, assistant team leader, and retired as team leader after being diagnosed with cancer in 2010. I mention my background because I believe it plays a large role in establishing my commitment to being a contributing member of a high-speed, low-drag, high stress, team environment. I’m cool, collected, and decisive under pressure. I’m not into drama, I treat my raid team members with the same professional courtesy that I gave to my SWAT team members. I may not be best friends with everyone, but when it’s time to work you can believe I’m covering your back 100%.

In game, and most recently during Legion, I’ve dedicated myself towards becoming the best raid tank I can be. I’ve tanked all of Legion on my Prot Warrior, achieved CE each tier, and have maintained a fairly respectable M+ rating for Prot Warriors throughout the expansion. My lifetime attendance with FA is/was in the high 90%’s. I have each tank at 110 currently. I’ve raided heroic on my alts, mainly to gain some first-hand raid tanking experience across all the tanks, and have done some moderate M+ across the alts on a weekly basis. I plan to play all 6 tanks in BFA at some level and would be open to main-swapping based on the needs of the team, but I am certainly most proficient on the warrior.

I was promoted to an officer in my current guild a few months into Legion. During that time, we climbed from a world 2200ish ranking to a world 670 ranking. The challenge of leadership was a lot of fun to take on, and I believe I was successful as an officer during my tenure in FA, but it’s a task I’m no longer interested in undertaking. Ultimately, I’m finding myself wanting more out of my in game time then my current team can provide. With a new expansion looming, I’m looking to challenge myself in a much more competitive environment. I believe my logs, my raiding/MMO history, and my team based experience both in game and out will show that I can be a valuable member of a raid team.

Thank you for your consideration,

-Doc

Awsumpossum

I thoroughly enjoyed reading what you wrote about yourself in response to question 16.  Best of luck.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to deny your application. We are satisfied with our current tanks and have no use for additional tanks on our roster. As an aside, I deeply respect the mentality captured in the sentences below. I wish this were a more common perspective. 

I’m not into drama, I treat my raid team members with the same professional courtesy that I gave to my SWAT team members. I may not be best friends with everyone, but when it’s time to work you can believe I’m covering your back 100%.

Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum