Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Profanix

re: Hexiled - Ele shamn

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Tyler#1707

b. Character Name: Hexiled

2. Class: Shaman 

3. Current Server: Zul'jin

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): I main ele but I used to main both resto and enh at one point so I'm comfortable playing all 3 specs. 

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/zuljin/hexiled

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I didn't raid in the first 3 as I was pretty young, but in cata I started raiding and managed to snag rag pre-nerf with Get Carried. Mop I kinda went casual and just sold challenge modes. Did double carries and did about 400 or so sales. For WoD I picked It up in raiding and wanted to go kinda hardcore so I joined a friends guild where we achieved 7/7M ( CE  ) 9/10M BRF and 13/13M HFC ( CE ). The guild died at the start of this expansion but ive still managed to snag 7/7M EN, 2/3M ToS, 9/10M NH, 7/9M ToS, and 13/13M BT

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

For this expansion I was in Condemend and left because the co-gm was just an awful person and raged quit because he got sat on a fight and then took a handful of players with him causing the guild to die. After that guild I went to Halcyon and left 2 - 3 months after because the officer core would require us to have certain things ( for example a certain amount of traits were required in our weapon for the start of mythic nighthold.. but the officer core wasn't held to the same standards and some barely have 40. ) After I left that guild I decided just to make a guild with some friends and so we formed Crave. Crave went 9/10M NH ( we started like 5 or so months into mythic being out and managed to quickly catch up and almost get CE guldan ). Then we went 7/9M ToS and 13/13M BT. The guild then died after Argus because a handful of players wanted a fresh start for BFA, meaning a new name.. new leadership. So they left and formed a new guild. 

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood? PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

I can easily maintain 90% raid attendance. Theres only 1 day a month I would miss and that's the last Tuesday of the month where I have to work 12pm - 3am or so for inventory. 

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/hexiled 

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. https://imgur.com/a/r2IsHd6

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

My most recent boss is Argus, I used the normal shaman build ( tm, ancestral, eb, echo, and asc ). The only thing I really had to do on that fight was collect orbs in the last phase, but I did make sure to pop my cds and blow them on the boss and or module before I died both times. I ensured that they didn't go to waste and I min maxed as much as I could.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 21 

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprog

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?

You guys sound just like the guild I'm looking for, only a few hours a week / days but you still manage to get things done. I feel like I could be a good addition because if we need another class for a fight and no one has one leveled up and or geared, I'm willing to spend the time and get it done. I also feel like I learn very fast and rarely mess up mechanics. I always push myself to do better and better every week. 

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.

Like I said above I'm 21, live in Wisconsin, I'm going to propose to my boyfriend at Disney here in a few months! Also just bought a house and a dog ... so that's kinda cool. 

Last edited by Profanix on 06/04/18 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anfalas.

Hey Hexiled. Retired raider and fellow Wisconsinite. Do you have any alts that you've maintained throughout the current expansion? Do you have beta/what are your thoughts on the slower pace of maelstrom generation in BFA and do you feel that ele is in a good position for the start of BFA?  Did you play ele in MoP for your CM carries? Which dungeon was your favorite to do?

Profanix

I haven't touched alts much, I had an h pally at the start of en and played that quite a bit.. same with an spriest but otherwise its been just my shaman but I'm 100% open to playing an alt or 2 if needed!

I also do have beta! I'm not 100% for the slower pace of maelstrom, I'm kinda sad on the maelstrom changes.... our aoe will suffer but I don't think as much as people think. Our playstyle will def. change... but it will for sure be in an okay spot at the start and just get better with traits. If you go with the "all-left" build you can still do very good dps as a shaman. 

Oh boy, CMs... they bring back sooo many memories lol. I played ele for 50 or so carries before our monk randomly bailed on us ... then I decided to try tanking and picked up CM brewmaster tanking in 1 night! Played that for the rest of MoP, it was sooo fun. Doing 1mil+ damage with xuen and melting a boss in 5 - 10 seconds was a blast. My favorite dungeon by far had to be Scarlet Monastery. With Shado-Pan Monastery being 2nd. 

Anfalas.

Yeah, I agree with you on the pacing. I didn't find the spec nearly as engaging as I did on live or in the past, but I can definitely see some fun builds emerging if they do some proper tuning. I was really hoping they'd increase the MS cap as well to help with wasting MS with SK or changing EQ costs, but we'll see if they end up making those changes before pre-patch. Have you played any other classes or specs on beta yet? Which did you enjoy?

I'm surprised you like Shado-pan so much. I suppose that one wasn't particularly difficult just kinda long iirc. CMs were really fun. I wish they were back in the game, but M+ is a solid alternative. 

Profanix

Anfalas. wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you on the pacing. I didn't find the spec nearly as engaging as I did on live or in the past, but I can definitely see some fun builds emerging if they do some proper tuning. I was really hoping they'd increase the MS cap as well to help with wasting MS with SK or changing EQ costs, but we'll see if they end up making those changes before pre-patch. Have you played any other classes or specs on beta yet? Which did you enjoy?

I'm surprised you like Shado-pan so much. I suppose that one wasn't particularly difficult just kinda long iirc. CMs were really fun. I wish they were back in the game, but M+ is a solid alternative. 

Yeah theres definitely some fun builds... all with different rotations which is kinda nice, something new and refreshing instead of the same 3 - 5 buttons over and over and over lol. 

Higher MS cap would've been nice... but I feel like with gear MS will still be a joke to get, especially with the storm ele / lightning bolt cast time increase. Lighthing bolts for days.

I've tried shadow priest and its kinda underwhelming imo, I don't really like some of the dot changes and making shadow word death a talent... but other than that I still enjoy the class. 

SPM was great! So many big pulls lol 

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Your performance does not meet our standards. In addition, we generally do not consider elemental applicants due to the spec's poor progression capabilities. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum