Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbridgedTroll

re: Lissidia - Resto shaman

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Lissidia#1173

b. Character Name: Lissidia

2. Class: Restoration Shaman

3. Current Server: Emerald Dream

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Restoration Shaman is my MS. I'm confident enough to play some other healing specs, and I'm trying to expand my viable specs during the farm period

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/lissidia

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

During WotLK, I was in a college friends guild. We were pretty bad, and we barely managed to down 10m normal LK before the expansion ended.
In MoP, I dove into pug raiding and got myself aotc with a semi-regular group, parts of which would help kick-start my raiding career in WoD.
I started WoD in a casual friends guild that lasted until the end of BRF. We merged with another guild to have a consistent Mythic team. I was poached by Nascent during the start of HFC mythic progression, where I have been ever since. We've achieved Cutting Edge for every tier I've been here since HFC. Our best ranking is in Antorus, which we achieved US 69.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

I sorta answered this question above. I was poached (by a personal friend) to join Nascent where I learned what actual progression raiding was. This guild is a great place for sure, but I think I've outgrown it in some ways. I'm more willing to expand in private if necessary.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

This is earlier (and better) than our current schedule, so we should have no issues here!

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. Link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2267725/17#metric=hps

10. Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://i.imgur.com/2j9nnFY.jpg

11. Describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.

It doesn't pertain to any specific boss, but I have always thought that healers should do the maximum dps possible without sacrificing the throughput required for their role, so I have my dps buttons (as few as they are) easily accessible and use them frequently, even if I'm trying to parse on farm, as seen in my logs. When we had issues with tank deaths on varimathras, I ran DGD + Felshield to ensure we had a lot of tank coverage. Behind the scenes, I had my hand in healer CD rotations and analyzing weaknesses in them.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 26

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprogress

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?

Your ranking is strong for a lighter schedule, and no alt requirements is also pretty appealing. I'm a strong candidate because my play is consistent and I actively look for ways to help lighten the load on other players.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Garret. I think of myself as pretty shy, but I don't think my guild mates would tell you the same. Gaming has been a hobby of mine for as long as I can remember. My girlfriend and I have been together for almost 7 years (monkaS), and you'll probably hear her raging at ARAMs or Overwatch through my mic. We have two hedgehogs that are 5 and 3 years old. I like meeting new people and I think proper communication is a key factor to understanding and solving problems. Thanks for the consideration!

Awsumpossum

What is the average lifespan of a hedgehog.  They're great.  

AbridgedTroll

With proper care they can live 5-7 years! Our oldest is turning 5 this year, and the other one just turned 3, and they both seem to be in good health and quite adorable.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Your recent performance is satisfactory, but doesn't quite meet our standards for new recruits. Thanks for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum