Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laoxi

re: Monk/DH/DK Tank

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: PureExamples#1479

b. Character Name: Laoxi - Monk
Glayvianna - DH
Imhadria - DK

*Characters are listed in order of “preferred” play and overall skill and comfort on the class, all other questions that involve multiple classes will be in the respective order above.

2. Class: Monk/DH/DK

3. Current Server: Proudmoore

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Tank.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:
*If you do not view this shortly after posting, I may be in M+ gear.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/laoxi **
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/glayvianna
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/imhadria

** I understand trained soldier isn’t the ideal neck enchant. It’s BiS for m+ and prog is over.

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

WoD: Started playing ~6.2.3 11/13 M HFC

Legion: 8/10 M NH ~250 wipes on Guldan ( eli, not augur, 1 tank strats (: )
7/9 M ToS ~450 wipes on KJ
11/11 M ABT ( all 3 specs have minimum 10 unique boss kills )

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.
I spent the majority of Legion looking for a long-term home so this list may seem long. I was also playing in multiple guilds during ABT.

NH: Ashes of Oblivion: poor performance, no community, log on for raid and log off.
ToS: Symmetric: Decided to recruit a bunch of guardian druids
Going in Dryer: Only there for KJ prog, was looking for more than 2 days.
ABT: Solemn: Self-made guild with friends, fell apart.
Deadbeat Dads: (Monk Only) (Argus Prog Only) was only there as a 3rd tank.
Synergy: (Monk/DK) lack of tank synergy (no pun intended) (11/11 M here)
Reign of Fire: (DH only) only an alt weekend guild for me, left to not raid 7days/wk
Game Over: Toxic, “never can make a mistake” officers. Advertised as 12 hours but really 20hrs/wk

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

TL;DR : yes, may have small conflicts with school that would be easier to explain over voice.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/proudmoore/Laoxi
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/proudmoore/Glayvianna
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/proudmoore/Imhadria

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment.
https://imgur.com/a/I7zUTIw All toons have a similar UI, I’m also in the process of learning LUA to create custom WAs

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.
Mythic Maiden offered the most freedom in terms of monk builds while still requiring extra defensive legendaries and trinkets. My personal build was class ring + archimonde’s with the reliquary of the damned trinket as well. With the class ring I was able to have dampen harm for one of the soaks and mystic vitality for better stagger as approximately half the soak was magic. Archimonde’s + Reliquary was also a suitable soak combo. My setup allowed me to not have to use zen meditation throughout an ideal pull. This allows me to use it in a worst-case scenario where the other tank dies and I need to take their soak. I’m also able to avoid improperly using zen med without the helmet and losing my defensive to a melee attack (or accidently moving). Tanks could save the raid a bunch of pulls by having pre-set cooldown rotations. I usually do this with a combination of logs of guilds that have already downed the boss, and cooldown timers + mechanic timers to get an ideal cooldown rotation. Best-case is that I don’t need any pulls to see what my rotation is going to be, and worst-case I’m going into the fight with a rotation that my require healer externals. I try to make sure my rotations don’t use any healer CD or at least no specific CD so that the other tank can use them, and I don’t rely on the healer being there to live.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 18

13. Gender: M

14. How did you hear about Infinity?
Wowprog

A. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity?
My main reason to join Infinity is to be able to push content at a more desirable rate. My extensive search this expansion has left me annoyed with that one guy that dies every other pull and causes your progression to take an extra 5-10-50 pulls. I know this will not be an issue as it takes people playing smart to push as high of a rank as you guys do while raiding only 9/hrs.

As to why I’d be a good addition, I currently play half the tanks at a level I would consider more than acceptable for mythic progression. My take on tanking is play unnecessarily defensive during progression and then parse on farm if it doesn’t waste time. As for the future I plan to add one or two more tank classes to that list (all but Prot Pali) so that if applicable, I can play the ideal tank on literally every fight. I will play the most ideal tank class I have available for each progression encounter.

B. What sets you apart?
Unlike most tanks, I play more than one or two classes. I’m also in the process of learning LUA to make custom WAs which I’d be more than happy to make encounter based WAs for the guild.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.
I’ve recently completed my first year at University of Michigan where I am studying Electrical and Computer Engineering and I currently reside in the metro-Detroit area. I am currently on summer vacation and only self-teaching myself some coding languages so you can expect me to be on a rather large amount of time. I’ve recently started enjoying pushing keys and would love to have a group to do so with regularly. Outside of wow i’m your average computer nerd and enjoy playing and watching most forms of hockey.

*17. Extra Stuff (BFA Plans)
Current plan is to have 3 tanks geared for the Uldir raid, the classes are mostly determined and include (DH && DK && (Monk || Warrior))

For post Uldir raids I’d like to add Warrior and Bear and if I have the time maybe Pali. If tank meta shifts due to azerite armor traits or mid-expansion balancing, I will be swapping the tanks I’m playing to best cover all raid bosses in the current tier.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: Monk/DH/DK Tank

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Your logs look solid, but we already have a tank trial for the moment. The transient nature of your guild history also raises some red flags, and we didn't receive positive feedback when searching for recommendations. 

Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum