Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dopeangel

re: DH/DK Tank

Battletag - Dopeangel#1207

Characters - Dopeangel (DK) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/darkspear/dopeangel

Dopebjorn (DH) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/darkspear/dopebjorn

Server - Darkspear / Alliance

Spec - Both of my characters are main tanks. I also have a paladin, though less geared.

Raid experience - I came in towards the end of Vanilla, so no raiding during that expansion. BC, I raided the starting content and fell into PVP towards the end. I mainly did that until I took a break for Cataclysm. Came back for Panda, did some raiding but nothing hardcore. Stayed casual until the end of Warlords. Started seeking a mythic progression guild in Legion. Finally got put onto main roster for Nighthold and been raiding all mythic content from that on.

My current guild is the only one I've raided with this expansion. Currently things are going unfavorable with the roster. We are 10/11 mythic, and our Aggromar kill took longer than it should have. Agrus is going in the same direction and I voiced my opinion about it to an office about some of the raiders. People make jokes about our progression and do nothing to improve. I gave them the option to sit a couple people or I will stop tanking. I am all for having fun, but when progression takes longer than it should due to players not giving 100%, it makes it hard for the players that show up trying.

The current raid times work perfectly for me and being a MT, I could make all the times needed. Currently we raid 9pm to 12am PST. Your raid times would put me at 5pm to 8pm which is ideal. My only conflict would be Sunday. I work on an eight week rotation for weekends being on-call. I run the risk of getting something work related, but they are few and far between. I can be as vocal as needed during raid and try to keep talking to a minimum during pulls.

I would say, the last three bosses we have downed in Antorus demonstrated how confident I am in tanking. Playing a Blood DK, I know what I can and cannot handle. So if that means taking more soaks/stacks than should be intended. In most mythic content, we try to stick to a defined plan of attack, but you have to be able to adapt when things go wrong. On Aggromar, we did the three tank strat. I was MT on the boss as well as helping our third tank wrangle the adds. I enjoy multi-tasking over standing in one spot.

Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/darkspear/dopeangel

I do not have a screen shot currently, but I run all the standard add-ons from a tanking perspective. I will run WA's if they help, but I tend to pay attention to everything going on around me, so clustering my screen with CD trackers and other stuff, I feel takes away from what I should be doing. I run a mechanical keyboard and an 18 key-bind mouse. Everything is bound in some sense that I will need.

32/Male

I found the guild on wowprogress.com. I am searching for a US based alliance guild since all my characters are alliance. Also something that fits my window for raiding. I am a flexible player when it comes to tanking. I enjoy playing my DH and plan on pushing that into BFA, but I am flexible enough and know most of the other tanking classes that I can play what is best for raid. Druid is the only tank I have never committed to. Being that flexible with the tank classes and knowledgeable of them, I feel makes me a good fit. Willingness to adapt to get the current content down for progression.

I have a seven year old son and a wife that I have been with since high school. We are a gaming family though we do enjoy getting out. I live in Washington, so going on hikes up the mountains and visiting the beaches is what we do when not at home. I work in the medical field as an analyst, so playing games is a nice break from doctors yelling. For the most part I am easy going and quick to admit when I am at fault or wrong, but I expect the people I work with to do the same and be open to suggestion.

Looking forward to your response, be it good or bad.

Thanks,

Aaron

Awsumpossum

Whereabouts in Washington.  I spend a significant amount of time up there.  

Dopeangel

I live in the Vancouver area, but have been all over the Northwest. I avoid Seattle and I-5 as much as possible :D

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Your experience and recent performance do not meet our standards for a main tank. We also plan to faction transfer in the near future, which would conflict with your desire to play alliance. 

Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum