Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modrain

re: Modrain - Death Knight

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Modrain#11349

b. Character Name: Modrain

2. Class: Death Knight

3. Current Server: US-Stormrage

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Frost, Unholy, Blood (viable all 3 specs)

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/modrain

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? 

No real progression raid experience pre-Legion, did not start playing WoW until Cataclysm pre-patch till halfway through Firelands progression in a casual raiding guild before quitting game for college/money reasons.  I came back for Legion and only pugged for Heroic EN/ToV before finding a casual 2 night raiding guild for NH.  Finished the tier 8/10M raiding 2 nights a week before finding a new guild that raided 3 nights a week for ToS.  Had to faction transfer towards the tail end of tier progression as that guild sadly disbanded.  Finished ToS 8/9M and raided with that guild for ABT to 9/11M before faction transferring back to Alliance to be with friends/streamers in groups again and finished 11/11M with Pirates who I'm currently with.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

I can't remember the casual guild I raided with back in Cataclysm for that brief period so I'll stick with from Legion on.  The first guild I joined was Envy of Eden on US-Stormrage, which I raided with through Nighthold to 6/10M on our 2 night raid schedule.  I left that guild after my work schedule changed and it was affecting my raid availability, plus some conflicts I had with a select few raid members was making progression painful for me.  I transferred to Far Beyond Insanity on the same server, as they raided for 2 nights as well and would work with my raid schedule.  I achieved my 8/10M progression in the 2 weeks I was with that guild, quickly finding a new guild as the environment was incredibly toxic and the guild/raid leader had lost all sense of control of the raid team on the first night.  I server transferred as soon as I was approved to Good Talk on US-Greymane and started ToS progression with them.  I raided with Good Talk to 7/9M before the guild disbanded overnight on one night I had taken off due to pre-planned appointments.  After the disband, I server and faction transferred to US-Malorne to Malus Nexu, we beat Fallen Avatar before ABT release.  I raided with Malus Nexu through most of ABT before wanting to faction transfer back to Alliance for a couple of reasons, notably mostly lore reason wise I wasn't a fan of Sylvanas led Horde but also due to other friends and streamers I had played with prior to ABT were all Alliance and not being able to play with them again was making the game a bit dull to me.  I went 9/11M before getting accepted to Pirates on US-Stormrage and server/faction transferred back to finish ABT with them.  Current reasons I'm looking at a new guild now is nothing against the guild, they're a great group of folks who raid at a decently high level and work pretty well in tandem, however they are currently in talks of faction transferring to Horde come May/June and I'd like to stay Alliance if possible, especially going into BFA.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Raid schedule will not be an issue as this is around the time I am currently raiding with Pirates, should work schedule change then I would need to reconsider but my work schedule has not changed in over a year and a half so that shouldn't be an issue.  I use BigWigs, have Discord, and have a working microphone as well so that will not be an issue with me.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/stormrage/modrain

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk0h7apmscfk0i0/WoWScrnShot_032518_180845.jpg?dl=0

https://clips.twitch.tv/TransparentBraveWatercressMcaT <- our Argus kill from my PoV for active reference

A few notes regarding my UI, currently this is what I have been raiding with throughout most of Legion, however currently I am in the process of playing around with some elements, I've been using LUI for all of Legion and am playing with ElvUI to see which I prefer playing with, if you are wanting a more up-to-date screenshot I'll be more than happy to provide an updated one at request or before any interview if you'd like.

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

For Mythic Argus progression with Pirates I was pulled in to be the third tank, more specifically to deal with the Rend Soul orbs in Phase 3 but to also be there should the main or off tank either mistime scythe stacks or at the start of Phase 2 when the first Soul Bomb and tank buff goes out to mitigate scythe stacks.  During our pulls I was constantly swapping gear between legendaries, talents, and tier bonuses to find the best set that would enable me to fulfill my role as well as being able to survive tanking Argus in the sections that it was needed during Phase 2 or at the tail end of Phase 3.  I started progression using 3312322 talents along with legendary shoulders and Archimonde's trinket, and T21 4 piece.  At this time I did not have Aggrammar's Conviction trinket, and instead was using Khaz'gorth's Courage for the extra haste proc and to help with the raids Pantheon buff.  About a hundred pulls in or so, I kept running into the issue of pulling far too much aggro off of our monk main tank due to the increased damage output with legendary shoulders.  Afterwards I swapped to using Aggrammar's Stride along with Archimonde's as we started making Phase 3 progression and the extra speed was needed to help with collecting orbs.  I also somewhere during those pulls replaced using full T21 4 piece and instead used 2p T20 2p T21 for the versatility buff on blood boil usage.  Eventually I swapped using Archimonde's for instead Sephuz for again further increased movement speed to assist with orbs and also the further haste buff to help with rune cooldown, in it's place I used Diima's Glacial Aegis as I was running into issues with surviving my needed tanking of Argus during Phase 2 as RNG was not blessing me and I was tasked with having to tank the boss more often for scythe swings as the other tank received Aggrammar's buff.  Once health started to become an issue again on further Phase 3 progression, I phased out using Sephuz for SoD ring instead, and changed talents to 3332322 for that extra bit of self survivability absorbing Rend Soul orbs in Phase 3.  It was this final build that I achieved our Cutting Edge kill with in the clip I posted above for UI.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age:25

13. Gender:M

14. How did you hear about Infinity? wowprogress.com

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I wish to stay on Alliance side going into BFA, and Infinity seems to be a long standing Alliance guild that hopefully isn't going to jump on this band wagon other guilds seem to be currently on trend for jumping ship to Horde going into BFA.  I think I would be a great addition to Infinity because I'm not looking for just a quick easy "X first" kill guild, I want a guild that raids at a high caliber on Alliance with a group of friends who get along great.  What sets me apart from most folks is my willing flexibility for filling roles.  I've listed above all three specs for Death Knight as I have played all three specs to some varying degree throughout Legion and I'm willing to play whatever is needed.  Most guilds will require their tank players to play multiple tank classes and although I haven't done this in Legion outside of playing around with class trials and alts this would be something I'd be more than willing to do going into BFA for example to run multiple tanks if needed.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

Outside of all the WoW stuff I've regaled to you above, I'm a pretty laid back guy outside of WoW.  I do enjoy playing other games, most notably League of Legends and currently dabbling with Fortnite, although I'm not very good at it at the moment.  I also own a Nintendo Switch I enjoy playing, as well as a long catalog of Steam games that I don't think I'll ever play all of them.  I live with my wife of 5 years now in our small duplex in a small rural town in Northern Missouri, I work overnight shifts for a technology firm for IT Security.  I'm a bit of a tech geek and love my pride and joy of a computer that I've custom built from the ground up.  I own a sweet and wonderful dog, a little chihuahua/rat terrier mix named Tali'zorah.  Currently I've been trying my hand at streaming along with our raid progression since upgrading my internet with Pirates to a bit of hit and miss, still working out the kinks with that.  I have a bit of an odd to dark sense of humor, usually depending on the mood of the room, I love me some Cards Against Humanity when given the time.  I also enjoy playing a bit of Heroclix when I have the time, which hasn't been much lately as I've had a tough time finding time to go to play at the local play store and also money wise.

Awsumpossum

Just so you know, the guild is considering going horde.  Nothing set in stone, but it's a discussion that has been taking place.  

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Your recent performance is solid, but does not quite meet our standards. Thank you for you interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum