Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superfortress

re: App: Frís

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Shrike#1113

b. Character Name: Frís

2. Class: Monk

3. Current Server: Bonechewer

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): My current main spec is brewmaster, but during the course of this expansion I’ve played prot paladin, BDK, and guardian druid on mythic progression bosses. I have a VDH and prot warrior at 110 with ~930 gear but I haven’t played these in a progression setting.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bonechewer/fr%C3%ADs

I’ve been playing a lot of MW in keys lately so I apologize if I end up being logged out in the wrong gear. I’ll do my best to keep it showing BrM.

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I began playing WoW shortly before Legion launched, so I have no prior expansion experience.

I raided with a casual heroic guild in EN and ToV. This was my first raiding experience outside of SWTOR, where I also raided casually. I got AotC in EN and 2/3H ToV before the launch of NH.

With Stoic, I achieved 10/10M NH and 9/9M ToS. We also went back and got 3/3M ToV before ToS (Stoic had previously gotten 2/3M, and I was 2/3H from Molt).

I continued to play prot paladin in NH, with BrM as my primary alt. In ToS I switched to maining BrM, but I played bear on KJ and spent some free lockouts helping our second raid team on their progression while I geared my bear. In Antorus, I have continued to main BrM, with BDK as my primary alt. I played BDK on Vari prog and am currently the add DK on Aggramar.

Alt WCL profiles:
Clare-Bloodscalp → Morag-Bonechewer → Clare-Bonechewer: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/24186320

Osprey (only has logs for ToS): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26847578

Muira: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/27520499

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

During Legion, I’ve been in two guilds.

June 2016-Jan 2017: on Dunemaul.
When I started playing, I joined the casual friends and fam guild one of my IRL friends was in, and tanked their heroic EN and ToV progression. Molt did not raid mythic, and I left because I outgrew the guild. I felt confident in my skills as a tank, and wanted to challenge myself by raiding mythic. In this guild I played prot paladin as Clare-Bloodscalp.

Jan 2017-Present: on Bonechewer.
This is the guild I joined when I left Molt. I was looking for many of the same qualities I am looking for in my current guild search— a strong team environment, a raid group I enjoy playing with, and good progression. Stoic has been a good fit for me. I was given the room I needed to adjust from casual heroic raiding to cutting edge mythic raiding, and grew quickly as a tank. However, like Molt, I feel that I’ve outgrown Stoic and I’m starting to look for new opportunities. Additionally, the team’s atmosphere has been getting increasingly toxic, which is why I’ve chosen to start searching now, rather than at the end of the tier.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

Yep!

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/bonechewer/Fr%C3%ADs

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. https://i.imgur.com/EGt46gg.jpg

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.

I did the bridge clearing on Imonar. Since I was a draenei when we first progressed this boss, I couldn’t stoneform off the shrapnel stacks. I tried a couple of different legendary combinations in attempts to address specific problems I was experience. On our first kill, I ended up running double ring legendaries. Soul of the Grandmaster was necessary because the dangerous damage on Imonar is staggered as magical damage, and Soul allowed me to run both Mystic Vitality and Dampen Harm for an extra cooldown. I ran Jewel of the Lost Abbey on top of that, the stagger ring. The thought here was that it would make me safer and reduce my damage taken on the platform phases and allow me to save cooldowns (both mine and externals) and brews for the bridge. I saved Fort Brew and Zen Med for after the run, when I had high stacks of the dot and while healers were still running with the raid. I also ran back to the raid immediately after finishing the run to be in range of healers and cleave heals.

On our second kill I tried swapping Jewel out for Gai Plin, with the thought being that, while it would be less useful during phases where I was taking consistent damage, it could help keep me up when the healers were out of range or struggling to heal me during raid damage. I also experimented with Titanguard (and an ISB cancel macro) with the same thought, just to keep me safe during periods when healers were otherwise occupied.

Shortly after that, I changed back to dwarf and was able to stoneform off the debuff, which also allowed me to save Fort Brew for the second bridge on clears where we only have one BoP in the raid.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 25

13. Gender: F

14. How did you hear about Infinity? I found Infinity while guild searching on wowprogress

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?

I'm a dedicated, conscientious raider. I'm thorough about fight preparation; I spend a lot of time reading/watching guides and hanging out in class discords, so I'm up to date on current fight and spec metas. I also make sure that whatever alts I bring to mythic progression are well-geared, with sufficient artifact traits and legendaries. My druid had the same number of traits as some of our main raiders on KJ, and I've been running M NH on my monk every week for several weeks in order to farm 2pc t19 for Argus (it's not *required* for surviving scythes, but it's the kind of thing I'd like to have available in case I end up wanting it). This kind of long-term prep is pretty typical for me. My cotank Damithor and I have also written timing spreadsheets for bosses, to help us plan better and hopefully minimize wipes. I can send you some links if you're interested in seeing these!

In raids, I do my best to continually improve on my mistakes and other areas of my gameplay where I see room for improvement. If there's something I know I can be doing better, I do whatever I can to prevent the mistake from occurring again, or to make some more optimal decision. Sometimes that involves making a weakaura on the fly, or making changes to my bossmods or UI. Other times it's just being more mindful of the mechanic in question and being better prepared for it. I also consider part of my job as a tank to be doing whatever I can to help the rest of the raid in whatever ways I can: improving my positioning to allow dps better access or uptime on targets, reducing and smoothing my damage taken so healers can pay less attention to me, dpsing priority targets, etc. Additionally, consistency in everything (my positioning, boss positioning, my damage taken patterns, how I respond to mechanics, the list goes on) is key to me -- the more established and developed my encounter routine is, the better able I am to respond to and compensate for things going sideways, and the rest of the raid can use that consistency to help build their own encounter routines.

Outside of raids, I like hanging out with guildies and finding fun content to do together. Lately I've been having a lot of fun learning to play mistweaver in 20ish keys. I play this game to have fun and to do challenging content with people I enjoy spending time with, and I'm hoping I can find that kind of environment in Infinity.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.

I’m an engineer, working in aviation. I have a super cute dog who knows he’s cute and takes advantage of it, and who likes to go on hikes with me on the weekends.

I am also applying concurrently with my current cotank, Damithor. Not a package -- we understand that you’re only recruiting one tank right now. But we do strongly prefer to continue to raid together. We feel that the synergy we’ve developed as a tank unit is valuable, and makes us much stronger together than individually. However, we assume we’ll each be evaluated on our individual merits, and we’re both prepared to play offspecs/alternate roles if necessary.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Fris, we're currently reviewing your application and should have a decision within 24 hours. 

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. We are opting for an applicant who comes highly recommended from in-house sources. Your application was solid though, and we're confident you will be able to find a guild that suits your needs.

Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum