Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damitus

re: App: Damithor

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Dam#1582

b. Character Name: Damithor

2. Class: Death Knight

3. Current Server: Bonechewer

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Blood with 83 traits and Frost with 75 traits. I have all legendaries available to my class.

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bonechewer/damithor

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

Vanilla: None

TBC: None

WotLK: None

Cata: None

MoP: None

WoD:

In HFC I achieved 13/13M on my Blood DK as a trial for a guild that died and 11/13M on my Protection Paladin with .

Legion:

Emerald Nightmare I achieved 7/7M with and left shortly into NH.

In Nighthold I joined at the beginning of Star Augur progression and finished the tier 10/10M and went back to ToV to also achieve 3/3M before the next tier.

In Tomb of Sargeras I achieved 9/9M but we cut it very close to missing the Cutting Edge achievement.

Currently I am 9/11M in Antorus with an 18% wipe on Aggramar as one of the boss tanks, although I did spend two raid nights learning the grip techniques up to phase 2 as well. 

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

Resolve-Maiev (Feb 2015 - Aug 2015) - guild and raid team disbanded due to GM quitting.

Heavy Hitters-Bloodscalp (April 2015 - Oct 2015) - I was running with them on off-nights from other raid teams. Left when scheduling conflicted.

Spectre-Maiev (Aug 2015 - Oct 2015) - guild I created and ran a raid team for a few months. We merged with Dragon Knight.

Dragon Knight-Boulderfist (Oct 2015 - April 2017) - Raid team stopped running Mythic, I was co-tanking with a new person every week, and a lot of my friends had left. I left the raid team because raid environment and progression had stagnated too much for me to enjoy it anymore. 

Stoic-Bonechewer (April 2017- now) - I am leaving partly because I have outgrown the team and partly because the atmosphere no-longer feels like the same team I joined. During my time in I grew from a casual Mythic raider to a Mythic raider who is chasing Cutting Edge every tier. While does typically achieve Cutting Edge -- the pace is too slow and frustrating for me. 

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

In the past year I missed one raid night for the 4th of July last year, one raid night for Blizzcon, and one raid night while traveling. As a tank I understand the commitment level required and will continue to maintain that level of attendance. I also regularly attend any optional content that requires a tank as well. 

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/bonechewer/damithor

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. 

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/8YfZFOx.jpg and you can also find my UI in my archived streams: https://www.twitch.tv/damithor

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. 

I feel as though for the most part in the tiers this expansion I have played my class exceptionally well but I haven’t had any opportunities to do things outside of the Blood DK meta standards. I main tanked M KJ and executed the Gorefiend’s Grasp in the darkness phase correctly. I used the Draught of Souls trinket to stay on the platform during certain knockbacks. 

The main thing I exceed at is maintaining high tank DPS without compromising my survivability. 

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 23

13. Gender: M

14. How did you hear about Infinity? 

I found Infinity on wowprogress while searching for a new guild. 

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

I am looking for a new guild to call home and I am ready to step up my game and move forward from a raider who achieves Cutting Edge to a raider who chases that goal with friends who share my dedication to raiding. I also hope to meet everyone in the guild and be an active member who participates in as much content as possible from organized Mythic raids to casual alt runs and M+.

As a Mythic raider I understand the importance of preparing for fights as well as working on the execution once we begin progression on a fight. 

I spend a lot of time preparing for progression fights. I begin by reading text guides and watching videos that describe the overview of the fight. When we get closer to the next progression boss I start to ask questions in my class discord as well as watch several videos from the perspective of my class. I also spend hours discussing strategies and techniques with my co-tank during the day. I do even more preparation on incredibly difficult fights like Mythic KJ or Gul’dan. I’ll create timeline spreadsheets with my co-tank and draw positioning images or movement gifs in photoshop so our strategy can be set in stone and as reliable as possible for the other members of the raid. I truly believe that there are fights where the positioning and movement strategy of the tanks is the backbone of the raid strategy and if our plan is solid and reliable then the whole team can practice and execute until we get the kill. 

Here’s our KJ spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vUUxMuUFdqhdGd0K57zwqpxwdbTIolzXcuQLgTbEw68/edit#gid=0

When it comes to my individual spec and role in the raid I am also fully prepared and ready to adapt for each progression fight.

As a tank my survivability always comes first. I figure out which talents, trinkets, and legendaries are necessary to survive the encounter without burdening the healers. In an ideal situation I take as little healer attention as possible and survive off passive healing and cleave heals. This current tier has some seriously scary tank damage and I have still managed to lower my EHRPS and direct casts on me from healers to below average on most fights. 

A lot of the “full turtle” options for Blood DK are known as inefficient traps but there are still quite a few tools that allow me to reliably survive and rarely die on progression fights. I run Purgatory on all progression and most Mythic farm as I’d rather have a free cheat death to cover up mistakes than Blood Mirror which is a nice extra cooldown but is mostly used for cheesing DPS. 

I always aim to maximize my spec efficiency which does result in higher DPS because some of the best survival tools for Blood are also our best DPS tools. The legendary shoulders for example are our best overall survival and dps legendary. Arcanocrystal and the 1000 ilvl Argus trinket are two extremely strong survival trinkets but also double as powerful offensive options. I can write endlessly about the specifics of Blood DK and how I pick and choose options on each fight. A lot of my choices are subjective and change as we progress but I can usually figure out what I’ll be using before progression begins.

I do regularly sim my Blood DK for DPS and run my logs through wowanalyzer to find where I am wasting CDs and resources but I always prioritize fight execution and surviving the fight over DPS. 

Additionally there's quite a lot I do outside of raid time and as a Blood DK I enjoy running M+ quite a lot. I regularly run 20 keys with friends on the weekends. 

I also have several geared and playable alts.

~970 Protection Warrior

~960 Vengeance Demon Hunter

~960 Protection Paladin

~950 Guardian Druid

~930 Brewmaster Monk

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself. 

I’m a full time art student living in California. When I’m not playing video games I like to go to the gym and do things outside like hiking with the dog or riding my bike. 

I’m applying at the same time as my co-tank Frís/Clare because I believe our tanking synergy is a valuable asset. We understand you are only offering one tank spot currently and we’re both willing to attempt to master our off-specs until the other spot becomes available. We do have a strong preference to raid together and believe we have grown as raiders who are ready to take on harder challenges as a tanking team.

Unfitted

Have you ever swapped to one of your alts for a progression encounter?

What are you studying in school? I'm almost finished with my BS in Electrical Engineering, with only 1 year left.

Damitus

Unfittedtoe wrote:

Have you ever swapped to one of your alts for a progression encounter?

What are you studying in school? I'm almost finished with my BS in Electrical Engineering, with only 1 year left.

I haven't had to swap to an alt for a progression encounter but I did have my Guardian druid prepared for Mythic KJ. I stayed on my DK for the mass grip. I have however played Guardian on some Mythic ToS bosses to assist the other team in my guild when their tank was missing. Similarly, I played my Protection Warrior for KinG and Vari for the second team when their tank was missing again. While fortunately BDK has been too useful or fine for every encounter these past few tiers, I would be happy to play a tank alt if it helped the raid on a certain encounter.

I'm an art major with an emphasis in graphic design. I considered mechanical engineering but ended up enjoying some of the art classes I took quite a lot.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Dam, we're currently reviewing your application and should have a decision within 24 hours.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. We are opting for an applicant who comes highly recommended from in-house sources. Your application was solid, and we're confident you will be able to find a guild that suits your needs. 

Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum