Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenten18

re: App: Xen Blackhand

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Xen#11508

b. Character Name: Xen

2. Class: Death Knight

3. Current Server: Blackhand

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):Unholy / Can play Frost if necessary

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/blackhand/xen

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?
I have been raiding with Cry Moar since midway through Siege of Orgrimmar; since I've joined we have succeeded at getting Cutting Edge every tier leading up till now. At the moment I am 10/11 Mythic with P3 attempts for Argus. Over the course of our Mythic kills our US Rankings for them have ranged from US 76th - US 116th. Previously before Siege of Orgrimmar I was a rather casual raider for the most part and mainly was clearing heroic content very slowly, the only previous progression I would make note of would be clearing up to Heroic Dark Animus before my previous guild decided to take a break until Siege. Prior to this I was uber casual and didn't really accomplish much.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.
As stated above since I started seriously raiding Ive been in a total of two guilds. From Throne of Thunder - Heroic Garrosh Progression I raided with a guild called Didactic on Korgath, from there I've joined Cry Moar and have been here ever since. The reason I’m looking to leave Cry Moar is because I’ve been raiding with Cry Moar for almost 5 years now, and back when I joined it was a completely different environment that was inviting and had a lot more positivity. During BRF we decided to change our leadership as our Main tank (The Gm at the time) and some veteran raiders were heavily underperforming what the guild was expecting. So out of that situation we basically reformed the leadership and the raid team. As we pushed into HFC the leadership and environment began to become more hostile, toxic and degrading. Fast forward to now, I am the most veteran raider in the guild now as well as an Officer, and it feels like there is just nothing left of the guild to hang around with if I want to continue raiding. Basically the TLDR for wanting join are a couple of reasons; my guild has slowly declined in personality as well as US Ranking. I’m looking for a comfortable and inviting guild that I can join and gets raiding done at a competitive pace and on a similar schedule to what I'm used to. For this tier my guild struggled constantly with continually repeating farm kills and wasting raid time because people were absent frequently. We managed to get some decent progression on Argus this week seeing P3 twice but we had 4-5 people post out Thursday and just decided the guild was done raiding indefinitely due to people not wanting to show up and commit to finish out the tier. I’m looking to join Infinity, because you guys are a well-known guild that has been around for years. Lately I’ve really wanted to up my game in terms of raiding more and at a faster pace in terms of progression, I understand it is a bit of leap to go from where I’m at to you guys, but I’ve been willing to put in the work for a while now. So I’m essentially looking for a guild that has either kill Mythic Argus, or has similar progression to where my guild was at (Start of P3 Argus)

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Schedule: Tues/Wed/Thurs from 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild.

The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc.

Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/blackhand/xen

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. Do you have any hidden keybinds?
https://gyazo.com/ac1b8c6984971aa811c5eff890601154 No I do not have and hidden keybinds.

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.
During Mythic Aggramar progression I was in charge of calling out Taeschlach Techniques and assisting in grips when we needed a 2nd grip to bring a Flame add into the boss. For Mythic Varimathras progression I swapped completely to Frost because most of the other dps were "struggling" to swap to the image adds so me and our other Dk had to basically completely handle them by ourselves.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age:21

13. Gender:Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity?
Cry Moar was a 9 hour/week guild and you guys were always the pinnacle of guilds raiding on that schedule.

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?
I would like to join Infinity because you guys have a similar schedule to what I'm used to after raiding with Cry Moar. I'm looking for a guild to step up to and raid a more steady pace while progressing. I think I can provide a good amount of insight when it comes to my class and DPS Specs, (Side joke: I can be your resident "weeb" to make fun of)

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.
Hello I’m Hunter, I’m a 21 year old guy, and I’m Computer Science major going into my senior year of college. In my free time I like playing all the blizzard games excluding Starcraft. If I’m going to be completely honest, I play WoW way too much and my friends make fun of my abnormal playtime I have over my entire account. During Nighthold I spent weeks working on a guide for the Unholy spec but was too nervous to get it posted anywhere. I also enjoy playing a lot of shooters on Steam (Rainbow Six, PUBG, etc.) I really enjoy watching anime (Yes I am a huge weeb, I’m sorry in advance) and sleeping. For sports I really love football, I get a little too competitive over it, but I am a huge fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the Minnesota Vikings. Lastly I enjoy streaming and recording both raids and my other games I play, so if you’re extra curious to as how I play I have all of our kills recorded and can upload them to you guys if necessary.

Xenten18

I would like to apologize sincerely as I noticed I typed that I was excited to join HC in my application. Between having a final this week and just applying for a bunch of guilds I just typed it, and didn't recognize it at all until I reread my app. Now I've gone and done the same thing again applying to another guild today but instead of HC I put Infinity, and I'm so embarrassed. So I sincerely apologize!

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. We are not seeking additional melee dps unless they are upgrades over our current options, and you don't seem to meet this criteria.

Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum