Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YajiSV

re: App: Yaji - Hunter

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: UltimateAero#1273

b. Character Name: Yaji

2. Class: Hunter

3. Current Server: Kel'Thuzad

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

My default spec for most situations is BM for its mobility and ease of coping with mechanics while dealing damage. However, I have Survival and MM both raid ready with up to date gear and artifacts. My SV play is overall pretty solid, I just don't get many invitations to play it in the already cramped mythic raiding melee lineup. MM is my weakest spec but I have been working on it more recently (Post-ToS).

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/kelthuzad/yaji

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I had basically no raiding experience prior to legion - mainly just pug heroics from trade chat back in Wrath or Cata. In legion I wanted to take m+ and mythic raiding for a spin and so far cleared Cutting Edge in EN, 8/10M in Nighthold (Stopped after Augur to focus on my final semester of classes before graduation), and Cutting Edge US 39th in ToS. At the moment I am 9/11 in M-Antorus.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

- Kel'Thuzad 1/7 EN - 8/10 NH. This was my first true raiding guild I had ever joined. We did alright but overall had some players that didnt really pull their weight. Around late NH when wipes were based on just 1 of a select group of less aware players getting targeted by a mechanic it became clear the me that the guild was reaching it's limits and wasn't interesting in pushing the bar higher each week. When I left to study for my senior finals, I decided to join a new guild upon returning.

- Kel'Thuzad 5/9 ToS - 9/9 ToS. I joined CR off a friends recommendation after returning to the game, at which point they were already on Mistress. Although Mistress was a challenging fight, being my trial run with a group of people 90+ pulls deep into it made it even more interesting. Crimson Riot was a guild formed entirely by happenstance. As other guilds on the server died, a few good players would end up in CR, and over time they had built up the few best players from every old guild on the realm. While all the players had a good degree of personal skill, we didn't all see eye to eye on EVERYTHING and eventually the infighting broke the team apart. CR was a huge step up from NB, where people often didn't sim or put much prep into their character.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Our standard raid schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8PM ET to 11PM ET.  If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?

As an EST raider, times are great. Voice is also no issue, and coming from guilds where only a handful of people would talk, even mid combat during important mechanics, Id rather it be a rule over a recommendation. In general I like to play without Weak Auras or Boss Mods because I think I focus more on the fight and less on the addons, but I have/will use(d) mods when needed, such as Mistress or Maiden weak auras that made handling diving the raid much easier.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

9. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15748913/17#metric=dps

10. Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment. Do you have any hidden keybinds?

BM: https://i.imgur.com/b1g7ve4.jpg

SV: https://i.imgur.com/ptmfJtr.jpg

In addition, I recommend viewing my M-KJ kill to see me in combat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk9rmSaAOiY

All of my keybinds are hidden, and I also hide spells that do not have a cooldown.

11. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs.

BM is a pretty odd spec compared to most. You'll often find things like ilvl on relics being much worse than getting good trait rolls, and almost any legendary being good, just because it has the secondary stat you're currently lacking. If you looked at top ranking BM hunters on simple fights like Worldbreaker, you'd see a large selection of legendaries, talents, trinkets, and tier set ups. Personally, it keeps the spec interesting as many items can be potential upgrades, at the cost of making the spec a nightmare to sim. Personally, Im one of the few BM hunters lucky enough to have a good 2pc of tier 19, which I still wear, even in Antorus. I try my best to watch trends and see how other people approach gearing for different fights, and often mix and match pieces to move secondaries around, but overall there hasn't really been a "This is for BM hunters" fight like you could say about some other specs. Survival is a much more mix-and-match spec with some cool options like Frizzos (Lacerate spreading) ring on fights like Desolate Host, or the belt (damage after harpoon) for big burst on Kin'Garoth adds.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

12. Age: 24

13. Gender: Male

14. How did you hear about Infinity? Through a friend and former raid partner, Fobe!

15. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart?

I've come to enjoy raiding over the time Ive spent in Legion. I enjoy the challenge of seeing a fight for the first time. I enjoy the hours spent simming and figuring out how to up my damage, even if just by a small amount. I enjoy getting to see the same people week after week, and the experience of growing as a player, and growing a group. I don't want to be a raider that raids 16+ hours a week to clear content. Like many of us, I have other responsibilities as well. I don't think you need to play WoW 80 hours a week to get things done, and using the time you do spend in the best ways possible is what separates good guilds from great guilds. I like the idea of being surrounded by people that can get things done with "just" 9 hours, as it shows a true drive to make every minute count. Obviously a lot more goes into each persons gameplay than the 9 hours of raid, but being able to use that 9 hours together, as 20, to get so much done means you have high level of preparedness combined with execution.

16. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know you, so tell us a little about yourself.

Like I mentioned above, I have other interests besides just raiding 24/7. I currently work in computer analysis where I help attorneys prepare to go to court. Im a real stay-at-home type, often choosing a night at my desk listening to music over sitting at a bar. That said, Im usually rather talkative and expressive online despite being more timid in person. I like being the type of person that will say something true, even if that truth may hurt a little bit. I believe its usually better to avoid sugarcoating a problem. Beyond that, I have been a musician for over ten years, playing trombone and baritone, while also writing my own original works on the side. Music is a great, relaxing outlet that lets me make something that is 100% my own creation, while performing music in a band is crash course in teamwork, listening, and adjusting to mistakes. My gaming outside of WoW is often more laid back, party games like Mario Kart or single player adventures like Shovel Knight, Dead Cells, or the Final Fantasy series. Inside WoW, I enjoy PvP and M+ in WoW - I think the more aspects of WoW you dabble in, the more you'll get out of the game.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Yaji, apologies for the late reply. Your application is currently under review and we should have a decision within 24 hours. 

Chazzwozzer
Officer

I sent you a friend request on btag. Message me when you have a moment to chat. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum