Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryz0h

re: Ryzoh - DPS Warrior

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Ryzoh#1436

b. Character Name: Rhyzoh

2. Class: Warrior
3. Current Server
Illidan
4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Fury/arms, I play Prot occasionally when a fight is trivialized by 3 tanking it

5. Give us a link to your armory while logged out in PvE equipment:

sexy troll with shit gear

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I started playing this game in MoP, worked my way up through several random casual guilds until I cleared SoO. After clearing SoO I joined Divnity I was there for SoO farm, then in Highmaul progression we finished US 27th, then during BRH progression the guild fell apart on Blackhand. After that I joined SPK where we got US 14th Archimonde, 8th Xavius, and 10th Helya, and I left them because they raided a lot to begin with and on top of that started adding more days/hours for the sake of higher rankings while at the same time not trying to replace under-performing raiders which results in lower rankings and that is just a big contradiction.

I then joined Encore who are very efficient and get more done in less time than most other guilds.  I got US 5th Guldan and 5th on KJ as well with them. Haven’t done much in Argus, barely touched the game the last few months. I had a lot going on like moving across the country, starting to work full time, getting with a new girl. I just didn’t have the free time to property play/practice/prepare. My life is more stable now and I still like the game, looking to join a guild that raids less.
7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.
 See above 

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Schedule: Tues/Wed/Thurs from 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Naturally
The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Naturally
Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Understood?
Naturally

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS:

9. *IMPORTANT* Please provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds?

everyone's UI is largely the same
10. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

washed up scrub

11. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character? 

b. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?
      c. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?

Trust that my understand of the class is on the level of Archi’s

12. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you exceed the requirements of your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, include a parse.

In Tomb I played cof+ravager from day 1, it took days/weeks for others to catch on. I’m still proud of this log of me tanking drakes on Cenarius week 1 with 855 ilvl and no prot legos, it was probably the hardest thing I’ve done in a raid

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

13. Age: 23
14. Gender:
M
15. How did you hear about Infinity?
WoWProgress/Archi
16. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? 

Good progression with reasonable hours. Environment would probably be refreshing, a lot of higher guilds can be quite toxic. I do damage, without being a padding fuck. I listen, contribute, generally understand how the game needs to be played to be successful. Not perfect, I make mistakes/have bad days, but I own up to them and learn from them. I understand this expansion is over, and interest is going to be at an all time low for a while, I am looking forward to the next xpac and don't wanna get too rusty.

17. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important that we get to know more of who you are, so tell us a little about yourself. 

I’m generally a quiet/private person. I work as a software developer. I listen to a lot of music, post-hardcore is my favorite genre. Years ago I was overweight and I did the whole eat less exercise more thing and lost ~100 lbs.

xMarok

Despite being a shit warrior myself, I can vouch for Ryzoh. Extremely skilled both mechanically and numbers wise.

Awsumpossum

If your skill of warrior is as excellent as the format of your application, then you leave a lot to be desired.

ryz0h

Awsumpossum wrote:

If your skill of warrior is as excellent as the format of your application, then you leave a lot to be desired.

Sorry that these kind of sites are buggy and annoying to use? Is that how you judge people though, and is that the sort of criticism you guys like to provide? The non constructive kind, like you didn't even specify anything specific, just made some pointless comment. Maybe I've apped to the wrong guild..

Awsumpossum

ryz0h wrote:
Awsumpossum wrote:

Sorry that these kind of sites are buggy and annoying to use? Is that how you judge people though, and is that the sort of criticism you guys like to provide? The non constructive kind, like you didn't even specify anything specific, just made some pointless comment. Maybe I've apped to the wrong guild..

I was fucking around, but since you asked: Yes, I definitely judge people based on their grammar and overall presentation.  Whether that should be considered is a question for someone other than me.  And quite honestly, if you cannot look at that application and figure out where the playful critique is aimed, then God help us all.  

Fortunately for both of us, my opinion carries 0 weight.  There is a lot of teasing in this guild, though.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

I tend to be long-winded in forum posts, so I'll try to keep this response limited to a short list. 

1. Awsum is a bit sardonic by nature. He already explained he was mostly fucking around, but it's possible his comments appear more incisive than necessary.
2. Our website's text editor can be admittedly cumbersome.
3. Although Awsum's comments regarding format are critical, they are also accurate. The formatting of the application is poor. It seems that portions of the application were copied from multiple sources, resulting in different font types and sizes. Taking the extra couple minutes to match fonts would create a better first impression.
4. While first impressions matter to a certain degree, your (Rhyzoh) ability to format a forum post is ultimately of little interest to us. 
5. Your indignant response to a fairly trivial derision is a little more concerning. 

I'm willing to grant that all parties simply got off on the wrong foot here. To move on to a more positive note, your past experience and logs look solid, and we'd like to discuss your application further via discord (assuming you're still interested). Contact me through battlenet and we'll schedule a time. 

Watsiin

Favorite PH band?

ryz0h

Watsiin wrote:

Favorite PH band?

The Amity Affliction

Our Last Night, Silverstein, Emery, A Day to Remember are close seconds though 

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Trial granted.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum