Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidkolorus

re: Havoc DH

1. a. BattleTag: aenomali#1100

1. b. Character Name: Demondavid

2. Class: DH

3 Current Server: Thrall

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Havoc

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec?

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/thrall/demondavid

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

Heroic ICC

First Teir of Cata

Firelands HC

Deathwing Teir

EN 7/7 M

TOS 3/3 M

NH 10/10 M

TOS 9/9M

Antorus 9/11 M

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

I have been in Wizards and Monkeys since the middle of Nighthold Progression. We race and server transferred after TOS. Formerly Mechanical Failure on Proudmore. I am still in the guild.

The raid times (9-1) EST are detrimental to my education. I am a college student and a morning person. I tend to get all my work done in the morning. But raiding until 1 am every night keeps  me up until 2 am most nights. This makes me tired all the next day and prevents me from waking up early. For nearly a year now I just dealt with it. But recently after TOS progression ended, a lot of the people I like in the guild have slowly been quitting. While the guild isn't suffering in progression at all, the atmosphere has changed dramatically. One of the people who quit was very influential and curtailed a lot of the toxicity from the guild. Ever since he left it has slowly gone down hill. 

Additionally, two new people were made officers and I disagree with one of the choices immensly. Our former warlock was made main tank after our old tank had to leave for RL issues. Simply put, he sucks at tanking. I'm not going to write a book here, but just realize that he wipes the raid on average 4-7 times a night from his deaths. 

The issue is never addressed and instead others are called out for wasting a b rez or whatever  other excuse when he is the one making the mistakes over and over.

Anyways, I could write a lot more but I will save you the read. The key point is the atmostphere changed significantly to one I don't like. 

Know I am not the only one either. If your looking for a disc priest, lmk and I will get you in contact with a good one looking for a home.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood?

This is one of the main reasons I am interested in your guild. The raid times are nearly perfect for me. 

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood?

yes. Every guild  I have been in uses this system and it is the best one.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted?

Yes I own all this. I am a vocal player. If someone needs to know something in raid I have no issue speaking.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed).

Yes

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6948378785.png

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card.

Gtx 980 ti

4.0 GHZ overclocked CPU

16bg

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds?

I don't use a lot of hidden keybinds. When I healed I used to have a lot, but DH doesn't have as many buttons as Holy or Disc. 

The only one off the top of my head is G6 on my keyboard is Netherwalk and v is pot. G4 is cancel netherwalk.

https://imgur.com/a/u6LZB

I

13. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

An important thing to note here is that I main swapped from Holy/Disc after we killed KJ. I have been doing the leggo grind and gotten about 1 a week. But I am missing my BIS leggo and it has significantly affected some of my logs. I have the highest parse w.o the legendary ring on Varimathras and possibly other fights as well. I have 2 leggos left to get and I believe my damage will go from good to 95-99 percentile. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/thrall/demondavid

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character

My stat weights change depending on how much haste I have. I sim myself every time I get a new peice. Right now my stat weights are 

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations?

I have all of the legendaries except prydaz and Demon Bite Ring.

Eye Beam Helm and Demon Bite ring is the highest ST build for DH right now. I run helm sephuz because that sims higher than the other options. Fight length does determine which is BIS. Next week hopefully I will have my ring, but if not I will try out helm/shoulders on varimathris. The sim difference for the fight length between sephuz and shoulders is only 1% in favor of helm sephuz so it's worth a shot. 

However,  sims don't always give you the same real life results. 

Fight by Fight, right now this is the leggos I use and the ones I would prefer to use. Ring = Bis Ring. Sephuz = Sephuz.

Gorathi: Sephuz/Helm or Helm/Shoulders. BIS = Ring/helm or Ring/Shoulders. Depending on fight length.

Felhounds: Sephuz/Helm. BIS = Ring/helm

Antoran: Sephuz/Helm. BIS = Ring/Helm

Hasabel: Sephuz/Helm. BIS = Ring/Helm

Eonar: Sephuz/Helm. BIS = Sephuz/helm

Imonar: Sephuz Helm. Bis Ring/Helm

Kingaroth: This is an interesting DH fight. If you have two meta relics, then the best build is T20 Chaos Blades with Ring/Shoulders. However, I don't have 2 meta relics so my meta doesn't line up with the adds. Therefore, the better build is the standard ring/Helm with T21.

Coven: Sephuz/helm BIS= Ring/Helm

Aggramar: Sephuz/helm. BIS = Ring/Helm

Argus: This one is interesting. Most DH are using t20 with belt/ring. This is because pushing P1 faster makes the fight easier as you get less stacks of the debuff for p3. So the burst of T20 with the belt is actually higher than any other class. Except maybe broken ww. Additionally, t20 allows us to burst the boss in P3 and then stay dead and pick up the titanfordge boss with less Dps loss than any other class or spec. Method did this in their kill. 

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?

Demon Bite, Torrent if you don't have eye beam relics (I Do)

Eye Beam. 

Artifact

Choas Strike Until I have one left.

Then as I am casting that chaos strike, strafe left and right to pick up souls.

Spend or if I get no procs demon bite 2 times and spend again.

Repeat until I am out of Meta/t21. 

Meta (@player) as to not pick up souls. 

Eyebeam

Spend

Strafe

Spend or Demon's Bite depending on procs

Repeat

Eyebeam on CD

One niche thing is to not use eyebeam if I have less than 8 seconds left on meta as you will drop out prematurely and waste a demonic eyebeam proc. 

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?

I use Weakauras that I modified from someone else's. I also use DBM to not waste an eyebeam demonic CD. I also semi consistently check the havoc discord. The majority of what I know about DH comes from intuition and practice. I also analyze other people's logs and compare them against mine for differences. 

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.

Before it was common knowledge in the DH community, on kin garoth I used the t20 build to do more add damage and stay on the add with the warlocks and tanks. My leech and Pally tank kept me alive while I did this.

But I think the best example of me going above and beyond was my switch from holy to disc in TOS. I determined how much better disc was for Avatar than holy and learned the spec and got a 90 percentile parse on our avatar kill the first time playing the spec. But I don't have logs of this because they were deleted or I can't find them after our realm transfer. Kolorus - Proudmore - Mechanical Faliure

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age: 23

17. Gender: M

18. How did you hear about Infinity?

Wow Prog. 

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it.

I found you guys on wow progress. I was looking for a guild that doesn't raid late. I am really tired of staying up late and being tired all day. But I like you guys because of the sentence below. The guild I am in was a friends atmosphere. In tomb and night hold I really liked the people who were in the guild. I still really like the GM and I feel bad for looking for somewhere else. Wherever I go I try to make friends and have fun. Progress is important to me. Not making mistakes is important to me. But if I am having fun, it really makes things a lot better when things start to get rough. I went to blizzcon with the guild I am in currently and it was a blast. I really like the people who I went with and I am looking for something similar for a long time home. 

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!

I am an elementary education major at U of L. I have a minature poodle and I live with my parents for the moment. I'm 23 years old. I would love to talk to you guys on discord.

Finally, I know my parses don't look amazing right now. But my damage is good. And it will get dramatically better too. I will get my BIS worst case next week. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Edit: Here are the logs for our Aggramar Prog. I think these are indicative of what you can expect from me. I wasn't in the last pull. I had to leave. 2nd to last pull I had 1000 Latency. The rest are fair game. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YFQ6NCHbcD87MWwj

davidkolorus

re: Logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/B496dGpVc1aXhJyH#fight=last&type=damage-done

Imonar from this week

davidkolorus

I got my bis ring today. 

davidkolorus

https://imgur.com/a/5DmMy

got the front page of N argus... haha

XD

Tigerlily1510
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum