Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milbase

re: App: Milbase

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Sythril#1896

1. b. Character Name: Milbase

2. Class: Demon Hunter

3 Current Server: Mannoroth (H)

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

(Legion Specific) : Vengeance, haven't attempted Havoc, but I sure can try.

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec? 74 / 64 (I wasn't aware this was important until recently, really trying to grind out 75!!)

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/mannoroth/milbase

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? Vanilla - n/a; TBC - Karazhan; WotLK - Naxxramas; Cata - Dragon Soul N; MoP - Siege of Orgrimmar N/H; WoD - Highmaul N/H/M, Blackrock Foundry N/H; WoD - ToS N/H, AtBT N/H AOTC

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.
, left during early Blackrock Foundry due to school and have since completed school and have a stable life. The guild has since merged with Incarnate on Ner'zhul and I haven't heard much from them.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood? Yes.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood? Yep.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? I have them all, but sure.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed). http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6898184945

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card. i5 7600k 3.8ghz, 16gb ram, gigabyte GeForce gtx 1080

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds? https://imgur.com/a/EA8RT ; Hidden keybind on 7, mouse button 4 controls my taunt.

13. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/mannoroth/milbase

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?
Agility = 0.06
Crit = 0.25
Haste = 0.22
Mastery = 0.22
Versatility = 0.34

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations? Legs, Gloves, Shoulder, Ring. I have two armor sets, one with my four set for defensive fights, and one without for damage output. I do not use the ring because it sucks, but I cycle through the legs, gloves, and shoulders depending on which type of fight I am in.

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (Tanking)? My standard rotation changes depending on fights, or whether I am starting with agro on the boss.
With agro - Infernal Strike, Soul Carver, Immolation Aura, Fiery Brand, Demon Spikes, Shear/Fracture, Spirit Bomb, repeat.
Without agro - Exclude Fiery Brand.
Multi-target - Incorp Sigil of Flame/Chains/Silences
Defensive - Save Fiery Brand; Offensive - Use Fiery Brand for Damage output.
14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above? SimulationCraft, Pawn, Warcraft Logs, Details

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.
Portal Keeper Hasabel has got to be the best raid boss that really likes to make me look bad. Put as simply as possible, I move the boss across the room during the collapsing world and during the imps phase. This allows me to drop the collapsing world OFF of the imps and allows melee dps to down the imps before they explode. With that being said, I get zero cleave damage on the imps and ultimately ruin my parses. You can see this pretty clearly in the Warcraft log linked above.
Another instance where I plan on sacrificing my own performance is during the Aggramar, Imonar, and Argus fights. I just recently acquired my four set, but will lose some item level and overall dps, but gain quite a bit of survivability. During the Aggramar fight, this will allow me to sustain much higher damage, pretty self explanatory. During the other two fights, the debuffs that do NOT fall off in the final phases of both fights can be catastrophic with a weak tank and such I plan on sacrificing a little bit so that I can stay alive longer.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age: 19

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprogress

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it.
I actually want to join Infinity after watching the videos posted on Wowprogress and seeing that the guild can make a solid push through new content. I always appreciate a family-like bond with my guild members and from the next question down, I understand that, that is a good characteristic of Infinity. I miss raiding in a tight-knit group who can enjoy playing while maintaining a sense of urgency and maturity. I think what sets me apart is the ability to learn quickly, make friends with /everyone/ and honestly just comprehending and overcoming boundaries. There's times where I sacrifice my own parses, or even in previous raiding, hand off loot so the raid group can progress. I was always fed the loot by my guild because I out-performed as a ret paladin in WoD and I noticed that the half of an item level to me didn't give the same DPS advantage to the guild as giving the loot to someone 10 levels below me. I thoroughly enjoy playing the new class and have a passion for tanking, but that's left me with little options for finding a new guild.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!
A little bit about myself, I'm 19 and graduated from the Fire Academy in May of 2017. I currently work as a part-time Firefighter/EMT for a county 911. I start Paramedic school this upcoming August and I have a pretty awesome family and group of friends out in the real world. The family I have made in my career has really bolstered my ability to sacrifice for others, enjoy being surrounded with awesome people, and most of all my ability to have fun, be responsible for others, and be mature all at the same time. With all of that said, coming back into the WoW community, I miss having a family here too and would love to get back into some hardcore raiding and f'ing up some raid with my buddies.

Tigerlily1510
Officer

re: App: Milbase

Unfortunately, we have decided to decline your application. We are looking for a tank with more mythic experience. We wish you best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum