Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echeoo

re: App: Echeò

1. a. BattleTag: Echeo#1910

1. b. Character Name: Echeò

2. Class: Hunter

3 Current Server: Sargeras

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):  Marksmanship is my main spec.  Can play both BM/SV viably if need be for a specific fight. From what I'm seeing, the gear in Antorus (stat wise) as well as the set bonuses are in favor of SV greatly.  It surprises me that the first sims of classes for Antorus has SV relatively low still.  I understand it has a high skill cap, but again the stats on the gear and SV set bonuses are set up well for SV to be viable.

(Legion Specific)

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec? MM 75/ BM 64 / SV 59

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/eche%C3%B2

It is worth noting that obviously this is not necessarily what I wear for a fight.  Stat weights with this gear aren't exactly what I like to use.

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?  Started playing at the beginning of WotLK on Magtheridon.  By the end of the expac I had transferred to Illidan (Horde of course) and got into Raiding Rainbows.  Also got accepted to Blood Legion shortly before Dragon Souls in Cata came out.  I ended up quitting the game entirely shortly after I declined that offer once I had time to think about it more.  I was starting college at that time, and you can see that I basically took a 4-5 year break for college. I came back for a couple weeks or so in each expac but nothing serious.  Only to experience it for a tad when I had some free time.  Only recently came back full time this past Spring a couple weeks before ToS dropped once I built a new tower finally.  

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

Other than what I outlined above, I have been in Nightfall Inc this expansion.  After I got back into the game shortly before ToS dropped I had to get caught back up with the game, Artifacts, etc.  Finally got around 7/9H pugging when I felt comfortable looking for guilds.  Found Nightfall when they were 9/9H trying to round out their roster to push into Mythic.  We quickly started to crush Mythic content once we started it around the beginning of August.  Averaged 2-3 nights of progression on each new boss we encountered and took 100 pulls each to down Mistress and Maiden.  We ended having around 100 pulls on Avatar, and I was ready for KJ as well thinking we were going to get to him.  I was also promoted to officer a couple of months back.  We had the group to come out and compete hard in Antorus.  Had we been around since the beginning we would have finished 9/9M with the group we had.  However, unfortunately there was a common theme that almost no one liked the raid leader and how he lead.  So, this past week after raid on Thursday late at night the assistant GM and a few others decided they wanted something new and decided to gquit and start a guild.  The vast majority of the roster and guild as a whole decided to follow.  They have been trying to recruit me and offered me an officer spot in their guild as well, but I'm looking to join a top US guild again.  The whole reason I came back to the game was for that.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood?  Yes, of course.  I was an officer so my attendance was almost mandatory.  Won't be an issue.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood? Of course.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? Already have all of the above.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed).  http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6811277622

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card.

Intel Core i5-6500 3.20GHz, 8GB RAM, 1050Ti

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds? https://imgur.com/a/aFFzR

No nothing is hidden.  I keybind everything and it is shown there. 

13. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/sargeras/eche%C3%B2

These logs are nothing exceptional I would say, but they are solid.  I am very confident that if I were getting as fast of kills as some of the other logs I see that mine would be all epic with a good amount of them being legendary.  Most of the kills on my parses are 2 minutes or more longer than the legendary and high epic parse you see.  Mine would only rise, and quite a bit I think, if I had those fast of kill times.

Not sure how detailed you are looking for me to go into with pictures? I can get more detailed if you want.  Just say how so.

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?  I have an assload of mastery from my gear depending what pieces I go with so I've been pushing for more crit.  I can reach my haste cap that I like to sit around which is roughly 14% (5,500) with every gear set I put on.  I like to sit around roughly 4,500-5,500 haste depending on the fight, around 9,000-10,000 crit depending on the fight and what gear I use.  The rest comes in mastery obviously which ranges again depending what gear I have on for a specific fight.  As long as I'm exceeding 13,500 mastery roughly.  Usually sit around 14,500-15,000 though.  Versatility obviously ranks low.

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations?  I have every MM leggo and a couple for BM and even one for SV.  Situational of course for each combo.  Boots/ring for single target fights with manageable movement.  Gloves/ring for shorter fights or fights with a lot of movement like Maiden/Sisters/Avatar.  For AOE fights it's belt/boots.  For BM sephuz is ueful for most builds because the haste scales a lot for BM.  The belt/spec ring is top for the Dire Frenzy build.  Stomp build I would run boots and sephuz.

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?

As MM, the rotation revolves entirely around keeping vulnerability up on the target and subsequently getting as many aimed shots off as you can while refreshing it via marked shot procs or windburst.  The other "half" of the rotation if you will revolves around focus dumping properly.  The biggest rift I see between two MM hunters is the focus dumping aspect.  The rotation is pretty cut and dry.  You either get a marked shot proc or windburst then you get off one arcane shot so you are at least at 70 focus so you can reel off two aimed shots in a row.  If trueshot is active at the same time you can reel off two arcane shots immediately followed by two aimed shots again before having to refresh vulnerability provided you have the haste to make up for that focus regeneration.  You can obviously get 3 off in a row if you have trueshot/hero up and enough haste to back it up for the focus regen. If you ever find yourself around focus cap and still don't have a marked shot proc and windburst is on cd, go ahead and focus dump.  You will still sustain more damage than if you were to be spamming arcane shot hoping for a proc or waiting for windburst to come off cd.  The entire rotation is that rinse and repeat with windburst use on CD for the refresh/damage of course.  For the focus dump aspect, this can make or break an MM hunter the way I see it and have seen it in a raid with hunters in equal gear to who I end up blowing out of the water.  If you aren't focus dumping at proper times and find yourself during a movement part of a fight casting arcane shot because that's all you can do (I know gloves can negate a little of this), you are doing it wrong and your dps will suffer.  If you are keeping an eye on your timers enough you can time up your focus dumps right before movement segments so when you are moving you need to be casting arcane shot to generate focus anyway.  It will help min max the dps to not let any focus or time go to waste, and so you can get as many aimed shots off as you can.  That's why once I am around 5,500 haste crit becomes a priority.  With that much haste you can get the same amount of aimed shots off, and any more doesn't do a whole lot that way for you.  At that point it is worrying about the crit/mastery so you are hitting as hard and as big as possible with the aimed shots.  For AOE fights, it is very similar it just revolves around multi shot instead of arcane shot obviously and really utilizing that belt.  Letting it stack to 20 as quick as you can and ripping off a 15m+ aimed shot subsequently. 

I am extremely confident in my play style and knowledge of my class.  The first character I made in this game when I first trialed the game as a whole was a Hunter and I never looked back.  I have had alts of course that were geared well in the past, but Hunter has and always will be my main so I know just about everything there is to know about the class. 

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?

I'd say raidbots, with the pawn string is one of the biggest asset of course.  Just helps you get a feel for where your stat weights are and what you should be looking out for to improve on.  The other biggest one of course is logs.  I for one sift through a MM hunter named Malvose on Area 52 almost daily.  He is a legendary MM hunter, so I go through his logs in extreme detail to find out exactly what he is doing when and in what order along with what stat weights.  Log have proved the most useful for me for finding the intricacies I need to bring my game to the next level.

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.

On our Maiden kill I had to disengage through two rows of orbs and use cheetah to weave all the way to the back and grab an orb before it reached all the way back.  Was epic as fuck in my opinion and saved the kill.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age: 24

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity? 

Gregl and I go back to WotLK/Cata where we used to raid top tier together.  When I came back to the game this past April he helped me get back into the flow of things and taught me everything I need to know about Legion.  I frequently hungout in discord with him and what I assume are more of your guild members.

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it. 

you guys are a top US guild.  It is that simple.  When I came back to the game it was because I wanted to raid at the top level.  Anything less than that would be a disappointment.  I have always played this game at the top level, and no reason to stop now.  The raid times are perfect for me, as well as the number of days while also being a top tier guild.  I am a consistent raider who always shows up on time, and learns very quickly.  It doesn't take me longer than a pull or two on a new fight to get a handle on the mechanics. I watch every video/POV of my class to come in with knowledge before the fight.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!  I love to lift weights, I have an adorable ass puppy (pics available on request, it's a mini husky), and I love to play PubG or Zombies for anyone that has a PS4.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: App: Echeò

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Your recent performance does not meet our current standards. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum