Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toxicnametaken

re: Toxic - Warrior

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag:

Murder1738#1475

1. b. Character Name:

Tøxìç

2. Class:

Warrior

3 Current Server:

Illidan - Horde - US
4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Arms Warrior - Played Fury during NH -

Can play Prot. Have many geared alts (940 Mage/942 WW Monk/930+ Disc/Aff Lock)

(Legion Specific)

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec?

Arms : 71 Fury : 66 Prot : 60 (all alt main spec weapons 66+)

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/t%c3%b8x%c3%ac%c3%a7

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

My Cousin bought this game for me very young and allowed me entrance into his guild Vis Maior. http://www.vismaior.org/about.php Being so young I could hardly contribute at the level they were at but my raiding career was molded by a very high level of gameplay from the start of my WoW journey. As much as I hate to admit it, I was carried through the Vanilla/TBC content being a family member of an esteemed raider, which was a feat in itself when I look back at how many people couldn't clear it with a full raid of competent players (pre-nerf). I played casually in WOTLK as far as raiding goes, I did not raid in Cata/MOP or for most of WoD due to college/atheltics. I came back at the end of Warlords and have recieved Cutting Edge from Archimonde through Kil'Jaeden. The Archimonde/Xavius ranking was extremely casual, Guldan was top 200 US Helya top 140 US (2 day guild) and Kil'Jaeden was 64 US.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

I was the GM/RL of a casual guild on illidan called Violent Mentality where I pushed to CE Xavius in a guild capped with 1000 members which was a very tiring experiment and not one to be replicated ever again. I joined Regen - Magtheridon Alliance during Nighthold to give the 2 day raiding scene a try. It was a fun experience but the 2 day 8 hour raid week proved to be too little for me since there were almost 0 outside raid activites which was 1 of 2 reasons for leaving. The second reason was it was a higher pop Horde server which made it virtually impossible to quest/do daileys without realm hopping. That and Regen members had a cheeky relationship with WWA (Whatever were Awesome) so they constantly farmed us based on the guild tag. The next guild I joined was Invective - Illidan. The legendary "meme" guild. The guild died due to RL's father passing away and some legal conflicts he had to deal with as well as the roster issue's we had with poaching. We still keep in touch to this day and chat often now that he has returned to the game. My current guild is Mind Games of Illidan. They have some great players in it but my reason for searching elsewhere is the effort and overall seriousness of the environment. Their leadership carries the entire raid team. It is among the most impressive leadership I have seen in my limited wow raiding career. In my eyes it is the only reason they have been rank 45-60 US for most tiers. Their raiders are rather laxed, only show up for raid, think wow is a chore and would rather "parse" than progress and kill bosses. I am just looking for something a bit more serious that reflects my effort/playstyle/views of this game. That being serious, focused, and 100% progression based.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood?

Understood.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood?
Yes, I am more focused on killing a boss rather than receiving what it has to offer after the fact.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted?

Have all 3 and yes.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed).

https://imgur.com/a/wrcMM I live by the beach and have underground power so during hurricane conditions I have lost power for up to 15 minutes  in the past 3 years 2 times.

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card.

i5 3.20 GHz 8.00 GB Ram GTX 750

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds?

https://imgur.com/a/65shN

13. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/25758834/13/#

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?

I don't use static stat weights. For every possible upgrade I use the raidbots gear/relic compare and when I do sim for some background knowledge about stat weights there is a serious of about 12+ sims I run with different options before coming to any conclusion.

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations?

I have every single warrior legendary besides the Protection Legs/Prot Specific Ring. For Arms Helm/Ring is used unless you are trying to parse/cheese something which I tend to stay away from. Had I been put in a situation that required burst AOE for adds ( depending on how often they spawn) KJBW is very strong for arms in synergy with the artifact ability as well as the pants legendary. The Whirlwind belt can also provide a solid sustained form of AOE on a fight like Skorpyron if the adds spawned in waves like they do when you stand in the cave entrance way.

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?

Arms is rather boring. If leap can be used for dps gains only, which is rare, you can leap/charge back in between your weapon swing timer for additional rage. CS/MS on cooldown trying to maximize your IFTK uptime. Rend uptime should be 100% if possible outside of execute phase (you can use leap for last second applications before hiding for a mechanic. Slam as a filler. Cleave/WW instead of slam on 2 or more targets. EX x2 CS + MS for execute phase with execute stand alone as a filler. For single target your artifact ability can be used during any "dry spell" of procs that threatens you IFTK uptime.

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?

Warcraftlogs is my bible. The warrior discord is a place I frequent often. I have seen and spoken with Archimtiros/Artunius a few times on there. I have done raid testing with Archi as well as inifity if I recall correct while in invective. I believe Max played a warrior in nighthold in invective for a short while.

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.

Unfortunately the logs were made private in Invective and they for some reason remain so today, however. When Tomb first came out and we were working on heroic kiljaeden it was quite a struggle for us due to how behind we were with gear than most other guilds. At the time I believe the closest guild to us who had 8/9 M done on the Wednesday after release was 6 raid item levels above us. On our kill we had about 6 players alive after an obelisk explosion. He was sub 2% (still a decent amount of health) so the call on comms was to ping pong. While our tanks were ping ponging our druid ran straight into a rift and died so I taunted the boss and started running to the opposite side of the map. The next wave of obelisks had spawned so while KJ was running towards me I spotted the safe spot and kind of like mythic difficulty I waited to bait the flame orb, as well as KJ himself to where I was standing. Once the orb/swirl spawned and KJ just about got to me, I max range leapt to a far safe spot while the obslisks exploded and when the orb/KJ got to me I was able to move towards the rift where I popped die by the sword to mitigate the orb explosion into the rift as well as the first cast of fel claw. I kept moving so after his first claw he had to stop casting to catch back in range with me where the second hit got me to sub 5% with the 3rd killing me. The remaining 3 ranged in that time were able to execute the last 8 mil health of him for us to get our first heroic KJ kill.

PERSONAL M RESPONSES:

16. Age: 24

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity? Regen/Invective/War Discord (Archimtiros)

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it. During my "climb" in progression ranks I've been searching for a guild with a roster full of players as passionate about the game I am. Not so much on the lore side but more on the high level gameplay spectrum. Due to my low ilvl CoF (go to trinket for current Arms meta) and my horrific luck in getting a mythic or warforged one in 2 tiers, I have found a way to put out good progression damage without using the common builds. I feel like Infinity with its impressive track record of raiding only 9 hours and competing at one of the highest levels of progression in the US would be the exact fit I am looking for. I don't feel like, in a guild of this calibur, there is a very big margin of effort put into the game, personal improvements, overall skill,  and decision making in the heat of the moment from your roster. I am one of those raiders who gets ice in their veins when approaching a boss kill that has proved to be a challenge to were I almost play like I am a computer. Since sports has been such a big part of my life its the easiest to relate it to that. Over time against your biggest rival;next point wins. I'm the type of player who has his "lights out" performance in the high risk portion of the game to get the win.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!

I was a D1 Athlete in college, I can play almost any instrument I pick up. I thoroughly enjoy "personal interest" conversations whether its yours or mine. I am very good at arguing and absolutely love arguing, where it be about politics, world events, wow news etc. I don't argue to win, I am more of a contrarian. I research both sides and use the argument to further my knowledge on either side. I was a model/musician for 2 years in NYC and music is still a HUGE part of my life. I run a casual guild outside of raid hours with some friends I've made along the way in wow and often open mic and play the guitar for them while taking any requests of song they want to me to learn on the spot. I am not a Toxic individual my name was picked from me fanboying Fragnance from method :) PS Enjoyed the application! It was one of the better one's I've had the opportunity of filling out. Whether it works out or not I wish you luck in Antorus! Feel free to ask me any questions that may be unclear about the information provided above. Enjoy your day!

Chazzwozzer
Officer

When Tomb first came out and we were working on heroic kiljaeden it was quite a struggle for us due to how behind we were with gear than most other guilds. At the time I believe the closest guild to us who had 8/9 M done on the Wednesday after release was 6 raid item levels above us.

Infinity's kill:

Invective's kill:

I research both sides and use the argument to further my knowledge on either side.

Your claim regarding ilevel is not supported by easily researched evidence. I'm mostly poking fun with the previous comment, but jokes aside, I would disagree that a three ilevel difference is a determining factor for heroic content. 

In any case, thanks for the application. We should have a decision within 48 hours. 

Toxicnametaken

re: @chazzwozzer

"At the time I believe the closest guild" It was an attempt at remembering the specifics which resulted in me saying "believed", however I was off by 3 and wrong so I apologize for misspeaking. While other guilds were able to complete split heroic KJ kills, we struggled with it in our main raid due to DPS checks on adds and phasing pushes because not all of the gear went to the most logical places in many peoples eyes. I do agree item level alone won't make or break first heroic kills. I do still stand by my thoughts that if the gear is not put in the proper places, as well as a lower overall item level, it can put one group at a disadvantage over another especially during the first tier as a guild compared to a well established one such as Infinity. Although ironically; Keilosh who was in the guild, actually did mention the exact point you just mentioned with how you guys (Infinity) were barely ahead gear-wise and still managed to down the content with more ease then we did which is why I listed Invective as part of how I heard of Infinity while in that guild. PS: I like how I have to keep typing Onion Rings into the human verification below to post on here lol

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Thanks for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum