Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steponlegos

re: App: Steponlegos

1. a. BattleTag: steponlegos#1685

1. b. Character Name: Steponlegos-stormrage

2. Class: Druid

3 Current Server: Stormrage

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Balance

(Legion Specific)

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec? 60 in balance

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment: http://us.battle.net/wow/character/stormrage/Steponlegos/

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? Started playing mid HFC, got 11/13M before the patch. This expansion i have gotten CE in all legion raids with the exception of ToS so far. Guild was ~US 57th for our guldan kill, now we are ~US 70th for maiden.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT. Started NH with Singularity-Stormrage and quickly transferred to Full Mongo which I have stuck with ever since. I left Singularity because many of the raiders never cared for anything but their damage meters. I will be leaving Full Mongo in order to look for a guild with better raid times (8-11pm is perfect for my schedule).

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood? Yes, I believe that is fair.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood? Sounds good.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? Have all of those.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed). Stable 38 ping where I play. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6561614786

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card. Intel i5, 8gb Ram, 250gig solid state drive, Geforce 750 (might be upgrading soon), hard wired ethernet.

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds? http://imgur.com/XAuvDdl Have made recent adjustments such as dbm timers being closer to the center of the screen. All of my basic abilities are on a bar that hids itself in combat, then I have all of my important abilities to the left of the center of the screen.

13. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12933538/latest/

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character? For single target encounters, all secondary stats are relatively close to each other, where mastery and haste pull slightly ahead of all the others, and intellect is worth about .8 for every 1 mastery. When in an aoe encounter with more than one target, the value of mastery increases heavily, to where you will want it on all of your pieces of jewlery and on most pieces of gear. I use the pawn string of Int = 1  Crit = 1.2 Haste = 1.3 Mastery = 1.4 and Vers = 1.1 for ST

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations? I have all balance legendaries, resto shoulders and boots, guardian boots and legs. I will only ever use 4 balance legendaries in fights in Tos: Wrists and ED ring for ST encounters, shoulders and wrists for heavy aoe such as harjitan or demonic inquisition, or shoulders and Soul of the Forest ring for very niche situations like mythic mistress / desolate host. On mistress I pride myself in not being a scumbag if our raid has too much aoe, and I can go full boss damage without cleaving  too hard on ads (but boy do I live for the day where I can go full meme on those stalkers). 

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)? Opener for ST consists of Prepotting, wrathx2, new moon, dotting, (depending on situation for when to use incarn) incarn > half moon > full moon > starsurge > wrath > lunar strike > starsurge, and repeat, using up bracer procs when available (maybe saving them for ads such as KJ). For aoe, instead of spending astral power on Starsurge you will be spending it on Starfall if you are running the meme talent build when there are 2 targets present, spending bracer procs when available. If you do NOT have any empowerments and need AP for starfall, you will wrath and not Lunar Strike. There you have it, you know how to play balance druid.

Obviously the key to being an above - average balance druid is knowing when to pool AP for movement and planning for ads that spawn. For example, on a fight like maiden it is imperative to save AP or a starfall proc for when new color assignments are available, as movement is almost always required and you do not want to be just moving and dotting (unless dots are falling off). Saving AP can also be seen in a fight like Guldan where you want to have 3-4 starfalls already rolling before the eyes even spawn. When eyes do spawn, you sunfire at guldan's location immediately as they all spawn since they are clumped for a few seconds.

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above? My best resources are the other good balance druids I have added to bet and other forms of social media that I can talk to about new content / ideas. I often tune into Gapezilla's stream on progression / farm and can ask him any questions on anything I am unsure of. I also refer to Gebuz's balance druid guide for any uncertainties regarding trinkets / relic weights. I have many weak auras that tell me about my bracer procs, when my dots will be falling off, important boss buffs / debuffs (sisters stacks, avatar soaking, etc). Please share any / all weak auras with me q8^)

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this. | Aside from a current tier rank 1, I also achieved a rank 1 parse in early NH. I am aware that this boss is not exactly difficult, but I am proud of this because there was a decent amount of movement, which was hard to deal with with the legendaries I had at the time (Old ED which only lasted 3 seconds per Starsurge). The only reason I did the the damage I did was because I was running 2piece NH / 2piece Cos-arcway which boosted my ST  damage by a lot. Mastery at the time boosted Starsurge damage and 3k mastery procs were a big deal then; something that not many other balance druids were using. EDIT* forgot the link https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/n89w1BgPRWyQLN6t#fight=9&type=summary&view=analytical&source=5

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age: 20

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity? Guildy is currently trialing there, saw the guild on Wowprogress and thought I would apply.

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it. I believe I am a selfless player that makes decisions not to better myself, but to better the raid as a whole. In our struggle with killing Mythic Mistress, early on I see our problem being that we are killing ads too fast, and I quickly learned that not many people are going to budge with their cleave damage (setup was pretty poor, 2 arms warriors, hunter, spriests that splurged all over ads because it would "boost single target"). So I built myself for boss damage. When told to hold my dick on damage, I hold my dick on damage. When told to soak a certain mechanic like touch of sargeras on avatar, I soak and prioritize survivability. When hit with murloc debuff and soaking hydra shot, I go bear form. I will refuse to die under any circumstance that is under my control, and if I see myself fucking up I will always be the person most frustrated with me. I am always open to constructive criticism (or just criticism if you are feeling brave) and am ALWAYS looking to be a better player.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN! I am currently an Environmental Science major at URI and am looking forward to the current semester. I am ready to start balancing my life again (i know, ironic how im a balance druid) and believe I am in a really good mental state. I do enjoy interacting with the guild outside of raid time a lot, whether it be doing m+, playing other games, or simply just chilling in discord. Whether or not I am chosen to trail I wish you all the best in future, and go easy on Toe q8^)

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Steponlegos, thanks for the application. I sent you a friend request on bnet (Chazzwozzer#1157). Message me when you have time to chat. 

Steponlegos

Sure thing, I'll be home from work around 4 or 5pm est

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Trial granted.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum