Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rndmwow

re: Rndmdk - Daggurt Application

1. a. BattleTag:

Daggurt#1737

1. b. Character Name:

Rndmdk

2. Class:

Death Knight – DPS

3 Current Server:

Durotan

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Unholy

(Legion Specific)

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec?

I have level 52 on all 3 weapons

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/durotan/rndmdk

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I only played the final months of vanilla. I never hit level cap until WoTLK (I was a kid and didn’t know what I was doing honestly). In WoTLK my guild never got past sindragosa on 10 or 25 man normal. In Cata I managed to become a DK tank for a guild that actually cleared most of heroic BoT and BWL. I did not raid in MoP or WoD. In Legion I made a raiding guild with friends that never got enough members to do mythic even though we cleared heroic EN in a couple days and were #2 on our server. I managed to join another guild and get 4/7M.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

Mercy – Durotan: This guild collapsed. I was the GM and my officers simply weren’t helping or playing anymore.

Chimera -Durotan: I am currently in this guild and enjoy the people in it but it is struggling and on its last legs

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood? Yes

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood?  Yes

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? Yes

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed). 36MS Ping with over 300Mbps download speed

https://gyazo.com/3d38fbfa531850bddb9a468bfa85686e

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card.

I7-7700k processor OC’d to 4.8 GHz

16GB of RAM

Nvidia GTX 1070x

750W platinum power supply

480GB SSD

1TB HDD

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds?

https://gyazo.com/befcbffeba48a1e7754924233fbd5d86

13. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15076585

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?

Str: 19.85, Crit: 17.82, Haste: 20.96, Mastery: 20.97, Vers: 18.13

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations?

Unholy: Shoulders, Bracers, Belt

Frost: Helmet

Misc: crafted belt, sephuz

I only have a use for the shoulders and bracers at the moment. I am hunting for the cold heart chest piece, the bursting sores ring for Unholy and the Unholy helmet for AoE defile build

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?

Opener: Army of dead at 7s in pull timer, pot at 1 second, outbreak, dark arbiter, vial of deaseless toxins, festering strike > festering strike hoping for 7 sores, apocalypse, death coil > death coil. Dark transformation, Death coil spam to dump runic power

Rotation Priority: maintain outbreak at all times, festering strike if below 5 sores, scourge strike if above 5 sores until depleted, death coil if proc’d or above 80% runic power, DT on CD trying to line it up with apoc/arbiter/army

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?

I customize weak auras a lot to track pretty much everything and use Skada to track damage while practicing on dummies. I get my info from Icy veins and simply theory crafting with other Death Knights I know

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.

Nothing recent but I will link my highest parse number ever from EN where I hit 96% on dragons of nightmare heroic. Took an 8 month break and am just returning so no impressive parses lately.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DPjncZaJgWzQqmA2#fight=3&type=damage-done

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age:

17. Gender:

Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity?

wowprogress

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it.

Since coming back to the game I notice that my guild is simply not a guild that I can grow in. When it isn’t raid time no one is on and during raid time no one speaks in discord and once raid is over everyone logs off within minutes. I want an active guild that has talented players to lean and play with. This guild sounds perfect for me since you have talented players, a long history, and appropriate raid times.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!

My name I Tyler and I work in the Security industry. For obvious security reasons, I don’t divulge any more than that amount of info about my job. Games are my biggest hobby and specifically MMO games. I have spent the last couple years back and forth between WoW and Black Desert Online.

I have never been an “elite” raider or pvper in WoW but I wanted to change that in Legion. My friends and I set out to start a hardcore mythic progression raiding guild at the start of the expansion. In Black Desert Online I was a founding member of the #1 guild in North America for the first 7 months that the game came out. I took that experience and used it to try and build the WoW guild of my dreams. We were the #2 heroic Xavius kill on our realm and managed to shut up a lot of people who talked down on us for trying to raid seriously. Unfortunately that was short lived. My guild was never able to recruit 20 members that wanted to raid at a mythic level and eventually my officers stopped showing up to raids so we split. I joined another mythic guild on the server but it wasn’t the same, I didn’t mesh with them at all so I quit the game. After 8 months I decided there simply isn’t any other MMO that captures my attention and I returned to WoW a month ago.

I stayed in the guild I was in and am enjoying the new raid but this guild I am in simply isn’t what I want out of WoW. I want a guild pushing the content and this guild is simply doing it to do it and not caring what progress they make. The raid times they have conflict with my personal life (weekend raiders) as well making it difficult for me to make all raid times for them. Also, in only a few weeks back I am able to execute a lot of the fights better than most of the raid which tells me that I am quickly going to catch up and surpass their talent once my ilvl catches up in the next week or so (I am about 10ilvls behind the core group).

To put things as simple as possible, I am looking for something new. I am looking for a challenge that I can sink my teeth into and get me excited again. My realm and guild just aren’t what I’m looking for in WoW anymore. Also, I am trying to get my stream up and running more often with some engaging mythic content and maintain a few viewers.

I know my parses and ilvl don’t look like im a great raider but if you delve into my heroic EN parses you can see that I was consistently pulling top 15% parses for weeks on end. Since I’ve come back to the game my ilvl has jumped 37 ilvls and brought my DPS numbers up to the median ToS parse numbers. I intend on improving that to 85% or higher asap. If given the chance to come and play with your guild I have no doubt I would show you guys I belong.

I apologize for this lengthy response but I want to make sure you know where I’m coming from and why I want to join your guild.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: Rndmdk - Daggurt Application

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Your performance is not at an appropriate level for our current progression. Thanks for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum