Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBucks

re: Evangelion multitank

1. a. BattleTag: 

RyanBuckley#1655

1. b. Character Name: 

Dksarentgood, Evangelion

2. Class: 

Blood dk/protection paladin/warrior on back up, have decently geared monk just behind on leggos and currently working on a guardian druid.

3 Current Server: 

Thrall

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):

Dk:Blood Paladin:Protection/have played and will play ret at a high level again

(Legion Specific)

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec?

57 blood, 60 prot, 55 warrior prot

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/dksarentgood

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/evangelion

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?

I have killed almost all tiers in current content (normal) since the beginning of WotLK, I missed the latter half of Ulduar and killed ToT later into the tier.  Killed Blackfuse in H SoO, but guilds died as we got to/killed that boss so I created my own guild.  Raided semi casually in that guild through WoD, then joined current guild and hit US 87 HFC, US 57 EN and US 121 NH (Hit issues with people hitting Legion wall and quitting in ToV)

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

Every single guild I have joined from beginning WotLK to current fell apart.  The first few in WotLK were all server based drama, then I went off server with a few friends in Cata and raided with a few guilds, same sort of problem on a small server in Normal.  The only ones I can remember namewise were FURY on Terenas, Justified on Terenas, and then in MoP joined Bad Habits, had to raid elsewhere because my school schedule drastically changed entering college and could not raid there anymore.  Joined Frenzy-Mal'ganis, gm quit after Spoils and guild fell apart, joined We Tried on Kargath, we killed Blackfuse and the GM gave up and the guild fell apart (10m).  Started my own guild, loved raiding 10m, got 9/14H SoO before WoD prepatch and ended up hitting a wall when Mythic turned to 20m.  Struggled through WoD and decided to call it quits in HFC.  I am now in the guild I joined in HFC.  I enjoy raiding with a lot of the people here but the guild is stagnating and I struggle to continue to help the raiders in the guild (as I am an officer) because I understand mechanics and class play a few attempts in and others take far too many attempts.  I do not guild hop, I just want to raid at a level that reflects how much work I put in to being my best.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood?

Absolutely.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood? 

Yes, my guild currently works the same way so I understand when loot doesn't go to me as a tank.  I don't care about gear as long as I am geared enough to do my job and kill bosses.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? 

I have Discord, a working and good headset(and recording quality desk mic) and I use both DBM and Bigwigs for different fights.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed).

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card.

i7-4770k 3.4 GHz, GTX 970, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, Samsung Evo 256 GB SSD

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds?

http://imgur.com/a/L82qv dk raid

Couldn't get a chance to get paladin, using one from a test dummy, UI similar.

http://imgur.com/huefYfZ paladin

13. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2617958/13#metric=dps paladin current

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12044616/13#metric=dps Death Knight current

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2617958/11/ Paladin NH

I'll stop linking there but I encourage you to look back to EN and HFC as well if you have further interest

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?

DK: Haste/crit for damage/melee mit Haste/vers for defensive.  I like to run haste crit since now with Blood 2pc and concordance, vers gets devalued.  Haste/mast for massive physical damage such as M KJ.  Satyr neck for extra damage for pushes, sometimes haste/crit depending on the fight.  I don't tend to run Heavy Hide because I run a more melee oriented mit build.

Paladin: Haste/vers or Haste/mast for defense and Haste/crit for dps.  Satyr neck for more dps, Heavy Hide for more mit, but usually take Blood dk for higher mit fights, as paladins are quite poor at constant damage fights.

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations?

For Blood, I have all but shoulders/chest/bracers (Been really unlucky with the right ones :( ), been busting my ass to try to farm new ones, but I use mostly Sephuz/VP belt for M+, currently DnD ring for bosses.  I am currently using Aggramar's Stride for Mistress for faster boss movements, and to help get the puddles in p2.  Talent ring for burst fights (such as KJ/maiden).  When I get them, chest for M+ and dps fights, bracers for constant incoming damage, shoulders for dps/perhaps burst damage taken.

Paladin has all useful legendaries except shoulders for maximized dps.  Legs are always used, then Sephuz for trash in M+, Chain of Thrayn for dps, talent ring for maximized damage reduction.  

I have both gloves and bracers on warrior, close to-top defensive legendaries.  I still am looking for belt but still fishing for that one.

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?

Blood: 100% blood plague uptime, Blood boil at least once every 10 seconds for Gravewarden buff for 2500 vers., 5+ stacks of  Bone Shield at all times, then heart strike for RP and when rune capped, and then Death Strike for RP dump when not tanking and timing Death Strike after auto attacks when tanking for maximized healing.  Consumption used mostly for AoE damage (for the leech for 4 other people) and blooddrinker weaved in for extra damage/ when taking small amounts of damage (Death Strike is better for higher damage).  I use Dancing Rune Weapon on the pull for burst/getting instant 10 stacks of Bone Shield, but otherwise I use it to catch up later in the fight if I need to, or to take heavy melee damage if I need to.

Protection: 100% uptime on consecration for LotP and SotR buffs, priority then goes to Avenger's shield-Judgment-Blessed Hammer for shield resets.  Only use SotR with Blessed Stalwart buff for 8% increased damage and DR.  When using Seraphim for damage, I tend to use as many SotR stacks during Seraphim, then when Seraphim falls off, hold SotR stacks until next Seraphim window.  With Righteous Protector, when taking constant damage, only use SotR after using LotP to take LotP down to about 4 seconds with current haste values.

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?

I keep up to date with MMO-champion as much as possible, I read through (relatively consistently) Discord channels for relative classes, I look through wago to look for new Weak Auras to use for certain fights and my class. (although I usually make my own) I also have a deep network of people I talk to to theorycraft fights and specs on various levels, I talk with tanks I've played with before and tanks I know from logs and that I have played with in random runs and such.  I also have a few people in various high end guilds who I bounce ideas and weak auras off of mostly for fights, but for fight interactions with the classes I play.  I also often pore over Warcraft logs to look at players I know are good players to study what they do and replicate.  

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LVp7tMHwBZgyhzAJ#view=analytical&fight=17&source=21&type=casts&ability=213652&comparesearchplayer=21

In our Sisters Progression, I told the other tank (guardian druid) to tank all of p2, so that I could heal others with Hand of the Protector on Rapid Shot casts/extra damage taken.  I only missed one person (Zefo) during the fight because I had healed our other warrior immediately before it and could not get to him in time.  I like to play support roles for fights where I can to help out healers.  I understand that spot healing can be tough given current expansion with high AoE healing, so I try to help where I can.

On our Demonic Inquisition progression, I took it upon myself to solo tank the bottom side, I did not come up at all, played paladin for this fight (I could reset stacks using Spellwarding and Bubble) and personally called people with high torment down and then counted down to go up so that we could contain adds (our guild was very bad at taking torment.)  

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age: 21

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity?

I keep a decent track of a lot of guilds in the top US rankings and watch a lot of guilds and noticed you guys were looking for a tank.  

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it. 

I want to join Infinity because I believe I am ready to play at an incredibly high level and just have not been given the chance.  I have consistently and frequently performed at the top echelon for my class and believe that in my current situation, I will not be able to take that chance to be in a truly great guild.  I love this game and I want to push my skill and capabilities in the game and I think I can do that with you guys and I can provide a consistent and stable tank.

I believe I would be a good addition mostly because I have (and I don't mean this to sound cocky but) a great attitude for raiding.  I work harder than anyone I know to improve myself and help improve others around me, I will run M+ until the cows come home to help others even if I don't need the keys just to help and improve the raid.  I will live and die by the raid, and understand that there are times when I am needed to take a lesser role, and I completely understand that.  I am a great player, do what is needed of me, and sit down and shut up until called upon.  If my input is asked of me, I give it, but I do what is told for the betterment of the raid.  I also spend a lot of time doing PTR testing for raids and beta play to learn all the mechanics before I hit them, and I force myself to learn quite literally every mechanic to help other people for positioning and external heals and leech.  I love playing this game and spend most of my free time playing this game and playing with others, and if added to the team, you can expect not just a tank or a raider, but a team player, a dude who kicks his own ass for mistakes before anyone else has a chance to, someone who admits they are at fault, and most importantly, not a shy face.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!

Hi, I'm Ryan!  I am a video game fanatic.  I have played WoW since Vanilla, and have played LoL, HotS, Rift, Diablo, and all sorts of single player games.  I looooovvveee leveling!  I don't know if that's interesting or not, but I was one of the first in the world to get a Draenei to level 70 (I think when I was 10?) and I recently was the server 2nd player to hit 110 on Thrall (behind my guildmate who I was leveling with, he was an UH dk with stupid xp off the artifact quest and a miner with all the extra mining quests) I play a lot of beta to dry run and know exactly how to maximize the first week of each expansion, and wrote a guide for our guild to maximize our speed in the first week, helping us to crush Emerald Nightmare.  Outside of the game, I play the trumpet-toot toot-and I am an Aerospace Engineering Student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in Central Cali.  I am a cancer survivor, scars to prove it!, and want to eventually go medical to help kids who were in the same situation as myself as an oncologist.  I am a totally open book, so if you have aaaaannnyyyy questions at all, feel free to ask me, I will answer anything!  Thanks for the opportunity to apply!

RBucks

Oh also, sorry if you were looking for a reference, the best I can probably do is a DH named Newmie in Easy, he is an incredibly good demon hunter and I ran the entirety of my M+ dungeons at the beginning of the expansion when he was in my guild.  We are still very good friends and I go to him for certain questions about play and help with weak auras.  Thanks!

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Evangelion, thanks for the application. Your application is currently under review and we should have a response within 24 hours. 

RBucks

Perfect, thanks so much!

Chazzwozzer
Officer

I sent you a contact request on battlenet. Message me when you have a moment to chat. Thank you.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Trial granted and set to commence August 15th. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum