Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torsven

re: Torsven - 935 Blood Dk / 932 Guardian Druid

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Swan#1421

1. b. Character Name: Torsven / Torloki

2. Class: Blood / Guardian

3 Current Server: Tichondrius

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know):
Blood / Guardian (UH, Boomkin, Resto all playable)

(Legion Specific)

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec? 60 blood, 59 guardian (Off specs are 52+)

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment: Deathknight  --  Druid

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? 

Cutting Edge since Archimonde. In the current expansion, I raided up to US 55th this tier, 89th for Guldan. Before raiding I was an arena junkie in other expansions.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

The only guild I raided in was my own. I GM'd / RL'd on Tichondrius. I grew very tired of the effort required to manage raid leading and GM tasks. The atmosphere changed after old raiders moved on from the game and I found myself unhappy. I decided to call it quits after recent attendance issues and pursue raiding at a higher level.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood?

Yes.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood? 

Yes.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? 

Yes.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed).

http://imgur.com/a/oG9nu

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card.

i7 4790k 4.0Ghz processor

16GB

GTX 970

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds? 

https://imgur.com/a/EDH8p

Besides raid leading macros / food and flasks, no other hidden keybinds from this screen shot here.

13. If possible, please link your detailed rankings from Warcraftlogs. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/tichondrius/torsven

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/tichondrius/torloki

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?

Blood - Haste Vers for mitigation, Haste Crit for dps

Guadrian - Vers Mastery for mit, Haste Vers for dps 

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations?

All legendaries for both tanks.

On DK, Shoulders & Chest for DPS. Shoulders & Trait Ring or AHR for burst mitigation / DPS. Belt / Trait ring for max survival.

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?

No rotation really, more priority system.

Maintain blood plague 

Maintain 5+ bone armor stacks 

Keep death and decay down

Blood boil to maintain grave warden

Heartstrike extra runes, Death strike for rune dump.

Mix in Dancing Rune Weapon / Souldrinker off gcd for dps. If survival is needed, hold DRW.

Heartstrike extra runes, Death strike for rune dump.

Mix in Dancing Rune Weapon / Souldrinker off gcd for dps. If survival is needed, hold DRW.

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?

Warcraft Logs

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.

Most recently would be our Mistress pulls. We unfortunately couldnt down her but for this, I geared up my druid through heroics / m+ / arena so we could take advantage of Survival Instincts on for Burder of Pain drops on fish. Our other tank was a monk, and he had latency issues very low mitigation cause monks take full dmg into stagger. He could Zen Med, but he was "uncomfortable" doing so. Playing Blood DK has decent burst mitigation on a 40% runetap but it doesnt compare to SI + Bear artifact/Barkskin + Ironfurs. Because of this, our monk could easily let 2 or even three melees with it barely tickling the raid. Fortunately though, he normally taunted at 1 or 2 pulses. Plus Stampeding Roar is the bees knees as well on that fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m3k2dWtLRc6vYTKB

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age: 25

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity? Wowprogress

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it. 

I wish to join Infinity because I am looking for a more competitive raid environment in which people come as prepared as I do. Research every bit of the fight, their class, knowing the overlaps and not making the excuse "It was our first time on that overlap, mistakes happen." While I understand raiding is full of mistakes, I think people should strive to not make them. I think with how little Infinity raids for your progress, your raiders also strive for this mentality. 

I also wish to join your guild because of your emphasis on attendance. As a raid leader myself, there was no worse feeling than a couple or even one crucial player missing the night that should've been the kill but ended up a let down because his/her substitute caused the majority of the wipes.

I think I would be a good addition to Infinity because I have damn near perfect attendance. Of the three years, I raid leaded in my guild, I have missed less than a handful of progression raids. Even on reclears, I am extremely consistent. Additionally, I enjoy setting goals and pushing past them as a team, I enjoy helping others and progressing as a guild. I will always be that guy who stays up the extra hour on Monday night to tank any raid members key for them. Finally, I'm a good player and its not to be conceited but I'm confident I would be an excellent addition to your team skill wise. I have been around Raid Leading for 3 years, tanking for 2 and have a great understanding of encounters and diagnosing issues with not only my play but raid issues as well.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!

I grew up various places but mostly from NJ. I have always had an interest in video games since I was a kid. My brothers and I grew up on Starcraft, Diablo, Smash, Splinter Cell, Halo, etc. I was very involved in academics and sports (Lacrosse, Football, Wrestling) throughout highschool. I decided to not play lacrosse in college as my body took a beating from three sports and I honestly just wanted to party and do the thing I loved the most, play video games. I moved to Philly and majored in Business then realized I hated it. After a year I switched schools and decided to pursue a career in Software Engineering. During this time I played a lot of WoW, HoN, Dota, SC2 and still somehow managed to graduate with a decent GPA. I moved out to Michigan to work with my brother who is a Mechanical Engineer for our company. I currently live with him and his wife as it financially benefits both of us, and we're friends too! I currently am working from home but expect to be back in an office space sooner that later as my company is relocating the office. I miss a lot of my friends in New Jersey and plan to move back in a year or two.

Outside work and games, I have a 3 year old American Bully named Sven. He is a little meatball and makes weird sounds, pretty funny dog. I really enjoy hiking / traveling however I havent done much of that since I started working. I took a 2 month road trip throughout the US to camp / hike all the nature parks, was really awesome. I play piano and guitar, less so now than I use to, but I can still jam pretty well. I enjoy all types of music and love going to certain festivals / concerts. I love a good bar night out with the friends and enjoy meeting new people. 

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Torsven, thanks for the application. Do you have any kill videos or twitch VODs of yourself in a raid setting? 

Torsven

I have beta testing VoDs but that is about it. I didn't record much of my play as others normally did that from an angle that isn't the bosses feet xD If you'd like I can record some footage or upload beta testing footage.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Closed at applicant's request (quitting the game).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum