Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtlights

re: Jtlights - 9/10M Mistweaver Monk

1. a. BattleTag: jtlights#1212

1. b. Character Name:  Jtlights

2. Class: Monk

3 Current Server: Proudmoore

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Main-Mistweaver, OS-Windwalker

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec? 50 Mistweaver, 42 Windwalker

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/jtlights

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion?
Mists of Pandaria:
10/14 Heroic SoO

Legion:
7/7 Mythic EN
3/3 Mythic ToV
9/10 Mythic Nighthold
Mythic Guldan Kill.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.
(Stormrage) Atlas: Work schedule no longer aligned with raid schedule 4 PM EST tu/w/th, which meant leaving work 230-3 PM EST to avoid LA traffic.
(Stormrage) Boundless Gaming: 90% of guildies left last week 1/31/16 due to toxic environment permeated.
(Stormrage) No Responsibility: Guild disbanded before opening of NH as the officers joined a higher realm ranked guild and did not have the capacity to recruit for more.
(Area 52) Warsong Boys: Played core dps for this guild and just wanted to make the switch back to Alliance as majority of alts are alliance.
(Area 52) Nocturnal Supremacy: Late Night Raiding guild 1 AM - 4 AM EST and the guild died with no push for mythic raiding.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:
8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood?
Affirmative.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood? 
Yes, clear enough.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? 
Have both installed and a blue yeti mic.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed).
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6300315220

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card.
Case: Fractal Design R4 Windowed
GPU: NVIDIA EVGA GTX 980 TI
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Closed-Loop Liquid
SSD: 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds?
http://imgur.com/a/d2rcX

13. If possible, please provide us with a recent parse of your performance in a raid setting. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LmNV3G8wRn7zFJDp#view=analytical&fight=27&type=healing
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HyW8d3r1kmbLtZv9#fight=9&type=healing
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3pWVQKjXnBPGLwgb#type=healing

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character?

( Pawn: v1: "MW Raid": Class=Monk, Spec=Mistweaver, CritRating=0.854, MasteryRating=0.49, HasteRating=0.736, Intellect=1, Versatility=0.869,Leech=1.163 )

Main Stats: Intel reigns supreme
Secondary Stats: Crit > Vers > Haste > Mastery
Gems: Crit 
Enchant: Int / Crit / Mark of the Ancient Priestess

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations?
Prydaz, Velens, Eithas, Chest, Sephuz, Cindaria, March of the Legion.

I stick to Prydaz+Velens as they are bis for MW Monk, but I'm interested in trying out Velens+Eithas in Guldan as that's a fight that is vivify-heavy rotation.

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)?

Raid Healing Rotation (Priority): 
1. 100% Uptime on Renewing Mists (have WA that plays kitty noise whenever RM is off cd hehe) 
2. Essence Font when 6+ allies injured to spread the hots (have WA to show when 6+ injured). 
3. Chi Burst on CD and try to aim for when a lot of allies are stacked together
4. TFT Used on Vivify. Also cast Vivify only with TFT or UT procs. There are certain fights that will require a Vivify-heavy rotation such as tichondrius or guldan, but generally EF will have higher priority due to it being more mana-efficient than Vivify.
5. Chain 4 EF with Mana Tea. 
6. Chi-JI on CD where there is a lot of raid-wide healing required.
7. Revival i usually coordinate with other healers/RaidLeader in when it should be used via angryassignments. 
8. Life Cocoon i have been typically given own discretion when tanks tanking heavy damage or if they call for a healer bubble. 
9. Artifact Ability SG I usually use as a free heal when all the other higher priority heals are on cd (have WA to track stacks of SG).
10. Effuse to build up SG stacks, but mainly hard to cast this off as it requires the fight to be stationary.

My guild actually has me dps in down-time when less healing is needed. 

For fights that i want to conserve/build up mana with SoTC talent (Guldan):
3x Tiger Palm > Blackout Kick

Otherwise I'll stick to:
1. Rising Sun Kick on CD 
2. Blackout Kick to trigger RSK cd reset 
3. Tiger Palm

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above?
http://www.peakofserenity.com/mistweaver/
PeakofSerenity #mistweaver discord channel
ElvUI, KUINamePlates, ShadowedUnitFrames, Quartz, OmniCC 
Hey Listen!: WeakAuras2, GTFO 
Raiding: DeadlyBossMods
CD Plans: ExorsusRaidTools, AngryAssignments
HPS/DPS: Details!

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.
During Mythic Guldan Progression have tried using jade serpent statue to help break bonds and when we are closer to the kill switch back to Chi-Ji as that's a more efficient hps.

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age: 26

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity? WowProgress

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it. 
Raiding efficiently at Top 20 US with such a reduced schedule and representing the guildname holds merit.  I definitely always find ways to improve myself as not just a monk but as a competitive raider.  I review my own twitch/yt vods and warcraftlogs and compare against other top monks on the discord server to see what mistakes I am making and can fix for the future.  I believe in mentality to own mistakes (as we all make them) early and quickly to snuff it out and not get bogged down by such errors.  I am online a lot as I'm able to work-from-home and will always be early to raids.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!
twitch.tv/iamtjlights. 
Android App Tester for a living in Los Angeles. 
Love trap music and going to raves, especially alison wonderland.
Outside of Wow, I try to make time to go to the gym 4x a week and been on a Keto diet to combat the anti-stereotype body frame of wow players =p
I start off a little quieter and listen first to acclimate myself, but will talk more once I'm comfortable and always friendly.  I'm definitely looking to hold friendships beyond friendtime as I keep friends on blist from previous guilds and like to keep updated.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: Jtlights - 9/10M Mistweaver Monk

Unfortunately we have decided to reject your application. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum