Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuparino

re: App: chuparino

BASIC CHARACTER INFORMATION/HISTORY:

1. a. BattleTag: Elchupacabre#1987

1. b. Character Name:Chuparino

2. Class: Druid

3 Current Server: Sargeras

4. a. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Guardian

(Legion Specific)

4. b. Artifact Level for each raid-viable spec? 52

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/chuparino

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and more recently in the current expansion? Didn't start raiding until ICC. 11/12H ICC, 13/13H first tier of cata, 7/7H firelands, 8/8H DS, first tier of mop cleared everything but sha on heroic, 11/13H ToT, 14/14H (before the heroic-> mythic switch)SoO. All of the previous experience listed was on a dk tank. Switched to a druid tank starting in WoD, 6/7M Highmaul before new patch, 10/10M BrF with a world 450-500 rank (didnt really pay attention to it since it wasn't very good), 13/13M HfC with a world 361st ranking and a US 98th. Cleared the raid on a druid then dk then a pally (all tanks). Switched to paladin for the first part of the current xpac got 7/7M EN and 2/3M (now 3/3M) trial, switched to the druid for the current raid where I am 10/10M with a US 167th rank and a world 537th rank.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT. The guilds prior to Cata were mostly casual guilds that I don't remember the names of. All of cata and half of MoP I was in a guild called Klondike Five on Blackrock which disbanded due to unreliable raiders and not being able to fill a group for multiple weeks. I then joined a guild called Shroud on Zul'jin for half of ToT and a third of Siege, got to around 6/14M in the guild before I left due to a GM who didn't listen to the officers/raid leaders (I was the raid leader) and general shitty play by most of the guild and not wanting to fix it. I then joined the guild I currently am in Divine Vigilance on Sargeras, I have been with this guild most of Siege to present day. I am currently looking for a new guild because of a few reasons the chief being that I want to be in a better progressed guild overall and think I am at a level of play that would allow that, secondly currently having problems with the GM inserting himself at the end of the tier into our gul'dan kill. I would understand if this was the first time he had done this but it is the 3rd and is getting a bit silly. Lastly as an added bonus this guild's raid gets out an hour before my current one does (that being at 1am my time) so the extra sleep would be godly.

INFINITY REQUIREMENTS CHECK:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Understood? I haven't missed a raid day in 3 years I think and I don't plan to anytime soon. I like raiding way too much to miss. But yes I completely understand.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understood? In my opinion it is the best way to handle loot so yes I understand.

9. Discord, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? I have all of these already.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed). http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6295977026 I am currently on "phone" internet so the upload speed isn't amazing, but I rarely ever DC from a raid.

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: processor speed, amount of memory, and graphics card. Nvidia GTX 770 graphics card 16GB of ram and an i7 processor. Nothing fancy but will get the job done.

KNOWLEDGE OF CLASS / PLAYSTYLE:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine). Do you have any hidden keybinds? http://imgur.com/a/AMKh1 and there are no hidden keybinds

13. If possible, please provide us with a recent parse of your performance in a raid setting. This is our gul'dan kill parse https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/B3TLxMmQJtZFNHGz#type=damage-done and this is the rest of the bosses https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YxqQC8XmPTWJcpDh. This is a tank healing ranking for my server https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/server/182/latest/#class=Druid&spec=Guardian&metric=hps

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character? Two different sets of stat weights for tanks nowadays, the dps oriented ones and the mitigation (or what I like to call; I don't want to die) ones. Mitigation ones are vers>=mastery>haste>crit the weights are pretty similar though so as long as its a higher ilvl and isn't all crit it is probably better (rings/necks not included in this statement since they don;t have any armor or stam/agil on them). For dps its even easier, whatever has the highest agil you take. There is a 25% haste point that lets you get 3 thrashes off in a rage of the sleeper CD that is a slight dps increase but overall you just want as much agil as you can get.

14. b. What legendaries do you have? Which ones do you use for different situations? I have the two best dps legendaries, the bracers and the legs for my bear, as well as the spec specific ring, boots, and trinket. I also have sephuz and the cindaria. For most fights now I just use the two dps legendaries I mentioned above (with the exception of the legs for tichondrius, I use the belt there because of how my guild does that fight). If there is a progression boss we are working on I generally try to figure out if I can even safely go for a dps setup or should I just prioritize mitigation. If its the latter I generally use the trinket and the spec ring. If I had prydaz however I would be using the trinket and prydaz for most if not all mitigation oriented builds.

14. c. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)? Since the patch the basic rotation is thrash-mangle-GG moonfire proc-swipe all the while keeping up Ironfur/Mark of Ursol (RIP) up, unless you dont need it then you just through in a maul when you can. Frenzied regen is used as well for when you need to heal yourself and now that it has three charges you rarely need to track it unless there is a specific part you need it for (like the severed soul damage absorb you need to heal through).

14. d. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above? I try to mostly use warcraft logs for all my gearing/rotation choices whether it be for damage or tank healing etc. I try to direct message the druid discord admins if I have a specific question about some sort of theorycrafting; other then that however I try to steer clear of the discord chat because most of it is shit an feelycraft galore, at least for the guardian section.

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this. I would say the only good example of this in a recent context (there hasn't been many chances tank wise) would be Star Augur. Our guild one tanked it which is difficult in its own sense leaving me to deal with all the mechanics, but being a druid made it significantly easier then most of the other tanking specs would have had. This still is a good example of a fight that a tank has to pull out all the stops for with how the mechanics are so varied from phase to phase. Best example is the section of the fight right after the first ice nova where gravitational pull is going off (forcing the tank to stack to clear the debuff) during the second set of icy injections. So instead of making the remaning raid stack up and god forbid change which side of the boss they were on I just decided to use most of my cds there and soak all the meteors without clearing the sub zero debuff. This made that section of the fight significantly easier for the rest of the raid. Don't get me wrong its not like I discovered this strat and all others who use it are ripping me off, I just saw a way to make the fight easier so I did it. In the end the job of a tank is the first and foremost make the fight easier for everyone else. Here is a log of this https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pz8h9dq6RDwLkxG3#fight=47&type=healing

PERSONAL RESPONSES:

16. Age: 23

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity? Was looking around on wowprogress and saw this guild, not a great answer I know but its the truth.

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you would be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it. I think what sets me apart from most other players of this game is the amount of dedication I have towards it. I have been playing it since I was in 7th grade and have been raiding since 9th grade and have never really stopped. Now this doesn't mean I am going to argue that I am the holy god of this game, far from it, I am suggesting that through all this play time I have developed my skills to a pretty decent point. That being said I can tell you right now I can probably do better, I just need a better guild in order to allow that to happen. On top of all of this I love to tank, not sure why, but I love it. I am very good at identifying if (as I alluded to above) a fight calls for me to switch to a dps oriented build (ex. Elisandre, spellblade. etc) or a more mitigation oriented build (gul'dan, augur, etc). Wrapped in all of this is an ability to take criticism and put it to good use rather then just get angry. I think that all of these qualities would make a fine addition to any guild.

20. This is an old guild with a family/friend-like atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN! As sad as it is I don't really do much other then go to work (I work at a local newspaper in the circulation department), walk my dogs, and play wow. However boring my life may be I wouldn't consider myself a boring person though, I am very easy yo get along with. I very good at reading when to mess around in a raid/other randomg guild times and when to not. I think I keep a good balance to myself in that aspect. Other then those things I am a normal nerdy kinda person, read manga, watch anime, play a bunch of other videogames, likes to fuck around after raids when I have time, etc.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

re: App: chuparino

Unfortunately we have decided to decline your application. Thank you for your interest in Infinity, and best of luck in your guild search.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum