Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virium
Guild Friend

re: Virium - 697 rogue

Basic Character Information/History:

1. Character Name: Virium

2. Class: Rogue

3. Current Server: Kargath

4. Primary Raiding Spec (if you have a raid-viable off-spec, let us know): Sub/Combat

5. Give us a link to your armory while logging out in PvE equipment: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Virium/simple

6. What raiding experience did you have in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, and more recently in the current expansion? 
 Past raiding experience isn’t terribly relevant since I came back at the start of WoD, but I did some BC raids and did the WotLK raids up through the first few bosses of ICC normal. I PUGed heroic HM as I didn’t know anyone or have any past connections, and eventually got 2/7M with a friends and family type of guild (that was the most progressed on the server) right before BRF came out. I transferred to Kargath soon after BRF came out and started out with a guild that was struggling through heroic, but I found a guild that was 10/10H and I joined them, and so far we have progressed to 7/10M so far.

7. What guilds were you previously in? Under what circumstances did you leave? DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT.

The first guild I was in was just some friends and family guild that didn’t really do progression (I started on a random realm, I didn't know anyone), and the second guild I was in is called System Failure. I didn’t have leadership roles in this guild, and I was in it for probably about a month before I chose to leave and go to Shadow and Light, which is on the same realm. I left because most of the raiders just wanted to play Heroes of the Storm and didn’t care about raiding, and I was looking for a mythic progression guild. Shadow and Light is my current guild, but it is currently becoming very unstable and falling apart. I recently became an officer in the guild, but the GM won’t be around for raids anymore and the raid leader and both tanks probably won’t be around for much longer, as they have other responsibilities to attend to. These people are the pillars of the guild, and I’m certain that almost everyone will leave even if just the raid leader were to leave. However, while this is the reason that I’m probably going to be forced to leave, I am unhappy with loot distribution. The loot system is strictly EPGP (not loot council, they actually use the effort points and gear points and solely go off of that for distribution), and it doesn’t reward skill or performance in any way when all you have to do to get gear is show up to raids. As the highest ranked raider in the guild, it has been really distressing to see all the first pieces of loot go to players with consistent 30% parses (which is another issue in itself) just because they were there for heroic progression, whereas some people (myself included) were not. For example, Hans and Franz dropped a warforged weapon on our first kill, and it went to the worst dps in the entire raid (someone with sub 10% parses). The second drop was also warforged, and it went to someone with 50% parses. The third drop was warforged and socketed, and you guessed it, it went to Mr. 10%, meanwhile I’m forced to play combat with mythic daggers that I bonus rolled. After this, 3 tier pieces went to the 10% guy over me, as well as 2 trinkets. What I am trying to get across is that I have been getting really distressed over the fact that there are people to carry and they are getting literally all the loot in some cases because of a flawed loot system.

Infinity Requirements Check:

8. Times: Tues/Wed/Thurs 3 hour raids start @ 8pm Server Time to 11pm Server Time. It is in your best interest to maintain 90% attendance in order to maintain a regular raiding spot. If you are unable to maintain 90% raid attendance please inform us. Excessive absences and/or being late will result in loss of spot and/or removal from guild. Get it? 
Yes.

b. The looting in Infinity is done through a Loot Council based on a number of factors such as attendance, performance, attitude, size of upgrade, etc. Understand? 
Sounds good to me.

9. Mumble, a Microphone, and a Boss Mod are required in Infinity raids. Would you download/purchase these if accepted? 
I have all of the above.

10. Do you play on a stable Internet connection? A DC here and there is tolerable, but constant disconnecting makes you a liability. Please provide us with a http://www.speedtest.net result to a Chicago server (where Mannoroth is housed).
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4379673867

11. Computer Setup, please provide us with your basic computer information: Processor speed, Amount of memory, and Graphics card.
Processor: i7 2600k
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 560
2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD

Knowledge of Class and Play-style:

12. *IMPORTANT* Please provide us with a screenshot or two of your UI in a recent combat RAID environment (a link is fine): 
http://i.imgur.com/cZQd1fC.jpg

13. If possible, please provide us with a recent parse of your performance in a raid setting. Don't be lazy, go do a boss in LFR.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7M3wHpQCRGkYxtA4#fight=17&type=damage-done

14. a. Can you tell us the stat weights you use for gear, gems, and enchants for your character? Agility>Multistrike>Mastery>Crit=Versatility>Haste for Subtlety which is the main thing that I gear for. I'm wearing the same gear except for a trinket for Combat, and I value the multistrike that's already on my gear and gems and haste weapon enchants. I use mastery enchants for Subtlety, it seems like I have enough multistrike as is, and sometimes you can snapshot your slice and dice with both weapon enchant procs. 
b. What is your standard rotation for your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking)? Generally for Combat it's something like prepot and tricks>Ambush>Revealing Strike>Sinister Strike>Slice and Dice>Sinister Strike>Sinister Strike>Killing Spree>Sinister Strike with Adrenaline Rush and trinket. Use Eviscerate with 5 combo points and avoid capping energy, occasionally hold onto red buff if the circumstance calls for it, etc. It's the easiest rogue spec, very basic stuff. For Subtlety I open premed slice and dice at 1.5 seconds before pull, prepot at 1, then Ambush>Hemorrhage>Ambush>SR+Trinket+Rupture>SD+Ambush>Eviscerate before MoS fades, Ambush Backstab Eviscerate etc. Refresh Rupture below 7.5 seconds, refresh Slice and Dice below 11 seconds hopefully with weapon enchants, Hemorrhage when there is no Find Weakness, Ambush with ~80 energy and 5-7 combo points and get off 2 finishers and 3 Ambushes. I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something, but that seems to be pretty much it.

c. What resources (websites, addons, etc.) do you use to best optimize your choices above? 
I look at Noxe's guide and read his replies to peoples' questions, and I look at the events tab of top logs to figure out other peoples' openers, how they use their abilities.

15. Please describe a "recent" raid boss that really demonstrates how you have gone above and beyond your current role (DPS/Healing/Tanking). This may involve using a special spec, a non-standard rotation, or non-standard gear/glyphs. If possible, link us a parse of you doing this.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q4tbaxjRWhYNmVwp#fight=18&type=damage-done
The fight requires a really strange rotation and clipping of Find Weakness, and while I had been doing a lot better than this in previous pulls, this parse was still decent.

Personal Responses:

16. Age: 19

17. Gender: Male

18. How did you hear about Infinity?
I searched WoWprogress for a 10/10 9 hours a week US guild.

19. Why do you wish to join Infinity and what convinces you that you’d be a good addition to Infinity? What sets you apart? ←Money Question, one-liners here reflect poorly…think about it. 
I have been the top raider in all of the guilds that I have been in so far in WoD, and I am pretty tired of it. What I am really looking for is a group of people that I can consider my peers that I can learn from. I come from a background in semi-pro Starcraft 2 where I have finished top 16 grandmaster in NA and top 50 grandmaster in EU. The whole concept of improvement in SC2 is centered around practicing with more skilled opponents, copying strategies and builds from top players, and losing games. Hopefully this gives you a better idea for why I think that a cutting edge raiding guild is a good fit for me and where my skill set comes from since I haven't played WoW competitively/semi-hardcore until now. 

20. This is an old guild with a "family/friend like" atmosphere. It is important to us that we get to know more of who you are then just another player, so tell us a little about yourself. This could very well sell your application to us, so HAVE FUN!
I started playing WoW during BC, and I played a paladin. I only played for about an hour a day, and I sucked (I was the bubblehearthing keyboard turning type), but I managed to PUG everything up until Black Temple and Sunwell. I didn’t have enough time to play towards the end of WotLK so I quit, and I returned when WoD came out. I had always wanted to play a rogue back in the day, but leveling took too long and I still wanted to do some raiding in the small amount of free time that I had, so I was pretty much stuck on my paladin. In the time between when I quit and when I started playing again, I became a top 16 NA and top 50 EU grandmaster Starcraft 2 player. I played protoss as my main race, and ended up losing my desire to play SC2 after too many games against swarmhosts (if you know of SC2, then you know what I’m talking about). I would consider returning to SC2 when it's next expansion comes out, but if Zerg and Terran are still too strong then that wouldn't last too long. Hobbies inside WoW include killing bosses and getting loot, and performing competitively in general. 

/qris
Guild Friend

You act like bubble hearthing is a bad thing. D: Good app though bro, good luck.

Virium
Guild Friend

I bubblehearthed because I was too poor to pay for repairs because I didn't know how to make money aside from doing dailies. Those were simpler times.

Chazzwozzer
Officer

Hey Virium, just wanted to to let you know that your application is currently under review. We should have a decision within the next 24 hours. 

Tigerlily1510
Officer

Trial granted! Welcome!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    <Infinity> Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum